Online Character Sheets!

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Online Character Sheets!

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:53 pm

A new feature needed.

Sheet GM (Admin)

The person who creates a new sheet has the ability to add someone as the GM for the character. The GM not only had editing capabilies, but can also remove and add people to the sheet.

The key here is remove, since at this point you can only remove yourself. If in a case where one player leaves the site and their character becomes property of another player, we need to be able to remove the old player from the sheet for secure and obvious reasons.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:56 pm

Need new sheets added.

The site current only has a very limited collection of sheets online - d20 Generic D&D and Vampire the Masquerade.

We need someone skilled at html and whatever else these sheets are made in to make up some new sheet for the following settings.

d20 Star Wars
Legend of the Five Ring
GURPS
Shadowrun

A few other sheets could be also made for speficic settings such as First Dawn or Swashbuckling adventures due to their Wound Point and Vitality Point system being in use.

Anyone want to take this on for us?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:59 pm

I'm afraid I just don't have the html skills for that.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:28 am

I will eventually do a star wars one if nobody gets to it. I'm perfectly happy to use the existing sheet for FD, though.

L5R requires a completely new sheet base, and I haven't gotten that ambitious yet. the VtM one burned me out

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:27 pm

Since Bitom is the only one other than I that has successfully created a character sheet (and I think that V is the only other one that has attempted), is there something that can be done to make the sheet creation process easier?
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:50 pm

Not really... my program does a good job of making the php sheet creating process easy. It's just putting together the page and javascript that's a PITA. And unfortunatly, that's differant for every page.