Suggestions to make Brennor's RPG Corner better

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Suggestions to make Brennor's RPG Corner better

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:12 pm

Brennor wrote:Hey everyone,

This is split from the Recruiting topic, because it drifted too far away from recruiting. So, this will be a thread just for discussion on how we can make this place better!

Any suggestions on how we can make Brennor's RPG Corner better?
established games and settings might help. Such as we have a bunch of really cool games, but most are things people have not played or are specific to brennor's. Perhaps having a few more smaller games like a mini-Super heroes for like a month or something? then we could hook those interested in that one month and then they create their own things and venues on the site. then move to an educational version of L5R- which alot of peopple in my area have heard of but never played. and move on from there. you know- like baby steps and mini games to get people to stop by then they stay cause we're awesome.

[edit]Split this from the recruiting thread and added a header to this post. -- Brennor[/edit]
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Recruiting!

Post by Grimathor » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:46 pm

I would be willing to run some "cannon" games, to pique some interest. There are a lot of palladium gamers out there, perhaps if we got some palladium games going we might garner some new blood.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:47 pm

It might indeed. I'm very happy with the new folks we've gotten lately. More the better, though.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:07 am

What about a section of the boards, specifically for players to learn new games?

Can talk about character generation, rules, etc and even run short "newbie" adventures.

What are the "big dogs" of RP?

I would say perhaps d20, GURPs, Palladium, AEG perhaps but think there are any others?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:08 am

WoD

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:12 am

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

Personally, I don't really like the new WoD... too watered down in my opinion. I still like the old versions.... VTM, WTA, MTA, etc.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:13 am

That seems to be the general consensus for people who have played the old versions. I haven't, and have only played the new versions.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:25 am

I have played both.

I like both.

I actually like the new Vampire much better. You have more than just one tie based on bloodline. You have political and social alliances PLUS your bloodline alliances. Makes for much more intrecate web of trouble.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:28 am

I must confess, I really havent given it a good try either.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:46 pm

Umph!

The site might need some more "big" name games. I dunno about diffirent settings, but I suppose we could use another dragonlance, eberron, star wars setting. These are all D20 though...when it comes to other systems, it appears as if we have a slight problem as some of them appear to be hard to run on the site...