Summer Donation Drive!

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Summer Donation Drive!

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:44 am

So its been a while since we did one of these! The server and the site both have need of money to run smoothly, and Brennor shoulder's the cost of things solely on his very wide shoulders. But you can help!

Just click on the Make a Donation link on the left menu box and you too can make a donation to help pay for Brennors. The money we have been saving up is slated for a massive UPS that will support the server. We are getting closer and closer to the goal, and maybe soon we'll have the battery back up for power outages and such.

As an incentive to donate, any player that makes a donation in the months of July and August will recieve at the end of that month a bonus in one of my games. Perhaps other GMs will offer similar bonuses!?

How this will work: For every 5$ increment you donate you will recieve for one of your character a Bonus Point. These bonus points can be given out to any characters in any combination.

In a d20 game this Bonus Point converts to an "Action Point", allowing a bonus +1d6 to any d20 Roll. This Bonus Action Point CAN be used in addtion/sacks with any other Action Point you already normally have (but doesn't stack with another of it own type). Or it can be used for normal Action Point effects as per the Eberron Setting Rules, even in non-Eberron games!

In an L5R game this Bonus Point converts to a Void Point that can be spent for a +1k1 on ANY roll, be it attack, skill, damage (with any weapon), spell, etc... This Bonus Void Point can be used along with other normal Void Points, but not with more of itself.

In the WH40K game this equates to a spendable Fate Point to be used as normal for that game.

These Bonus Points are one time use powers that once spent are gone, and don't affect your totals, etc for the over all game. They last until used.

So for example: Trogdor donates 15$ in July, and recieves 3 Bonus Points, he gives one to Jericus is Wh40K guy for a bonus Fate point, and the other two to Janak his Mahasarpa guy. In August he donates 5$ more and gives that Bonus Point to Val'trith in Eberron.

I encourage any other GM to honor this rule, or make up your own to help generate some donations for the site this summer!
Last edited by Vardaen on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Summer Donation Drive!

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:58 pm

July has started, my incentive program is offically underway!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:26 pm

We are half way through August now and we haven't seen much activity on the donation front! There is still time to take advantage of my Donation Driver offer for your characters and for the good of the site!

Don't be shy to help Brennor out with a 5$ pledge (or more!)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:14 pm

My Donation Drive has ended offically, but I'm going to keep it open for a few more days all the way through BrenCon! So its not too late to help out and pledge some money to help Brennor run the site and get us closer to that big'ol UPS we need.

So remember every 5$ gets you an Action Point/Void Point/Hero/Fate Point for one of your character's in my game. Make that donation before Tuesday of next week and you too will get some bonus points!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring