New inet connection 2/24

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

New inet connection 2/24

Post by Brennor » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm

This is just a reminder that the replacement inet service should be installed today. I'll be testing it throughout the day, but will leave Beast on the current service for the day. This evening, provided that the testing goes ok today, I'll be switching Beast over to the new inet line.

Provided the testing goes ok, the transition of Beast will start at 9PM Eastern Time Feb 24th (0200 UTC Feb 25th). The transition itself should take all of a couple of mins at the most, however I will have to update DNS to point to the new IP address. The DNS propagation will take several hours for the majority of DNS servers to update, with some taking significantly longer.

If you are unable to access the website within 8 hours after the time mentioned above, please send a message to the Brennor Yahoo email group. Information to signup for the group is available here: https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... t=291.html

I will post a notice on the front page of the site and on the Yahoo group email list if the DNS rollover will continue on as scheduled tonight.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: New inet connection 2/24

Post by Brennor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 am

So, testing went pretty well so far today. I'm going to proceed with the switchover to the new ISP line this evening, 9PM Eastern Time 2/24 (0200 UTC 2/25).

The new IP address will be: 24.213.249.22

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: New inet connection 2/24

Post by Brennor » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:19 am

Looks like everything went smoothly with the switch. Thank you for your patience! :)

Hopefully now we'll have better luck with the inet connection.