RPG-at-Work theme

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.

Poll: Will you use this theme at all?

Yes! oh God, yes!
60%
Nope.
No votes
As long as it's not TOO ugly.
40%

Total votes: 10

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: RPG-at-Work theme

Post by Bitom » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 pm

B and I agreed that there wasn't any way that the new theme should have a breaking effect on the forum, so I installed it here.

Have a look and tell me what you think.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Wow, even work won't believe I'm doing something on such an ugly theme :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 am

Well since certain people just crapped on my work and had no suggestions on how to improve it, I once again went out to improvise.

The old RPGAtWork is now named Shadow, because I like dark themes, and we didn't have one. And since I'm doing the work, I get to keep the theme I like.

There is now a NukeAtWork theme, which is identical to nuke, except: No banner, no avatars, no posting stars, and no signatures. The title is also BRPGC, as per tet's request.

Just as a warning, if B ever gets around to upgrading the forum core, the Nuke theme (And therefor NukeAtWork) will no longer be available, as it is incompatible with the new core. I wouldn't be too scared, however, because the new core has been out for over 2 years, and B hasn't done it yet.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am

Nicely done sir, you probably could've kept the stars and avatars, as most forums have avatars, and the stars could easily be explained away as a confidence/trust rating in the poster. But this works well for what it's intended for, so I don't see any reasons to go fixing something that ain't broken.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:03 am

I like the Nuke at Work theme a lot.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:59 am

Awesome! This one is just what I was expecting, strip out the images and leave the nice looking Nuke format. Well done! My job security thanks you. For me the Shadow being based on Dragonfly is what made it less than impressive. This one, using nuke, makes it great.

So in effect each style of theme has an At Work version! Nice.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:45 am

To be honest, I kinda like Shadow better, as far as something for work.. Both are good, though.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:51 pm

I've switched permanently to shadow, but in doing a DB search, I ws the only one, so I felt like something else was needed, particularly since the 2 people who requested this feature most were still on nuke.

Oh, BTW, tet, I took your suggestion and bolded the forum links in shadow, also fixed the in-post links to be underlined and fixed the spoilers to fit the theme. There's still some things to do to make the admin side match, but since I'm probably the only admin that will be using this theme full-time, It'll be a while before I care enough.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Bit, I noticed that when you Preveiw a post, your signature shows up.

Just something I noticed.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 pm

yeah. I didn't remove it from previews.

Technically, it was a mistake, but it's one I decided to leave in, since most people are gonna see your sig, I think the preview should show you what most people will see.