Name the New Site

This forum is for descriptions of new site features and information about the site in general. This is also the place to discuss new site ideas.
Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: AND THE WINNER IS

Post by Scout89 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:28 pm

I tried accessing it and, since it asked me for username and password, I guess it's not blocked by my company's firewall. So, yay!!!!
A.K.A. Tvrod.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:37 pm

The URL will change, so don't count on anything yet.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Actually if he tried Dicefellowship.org and got the log in page, it should work for him. Right now that's the domain we will be using. Its positive results.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Next Step

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:44 pm

So it looks like things are moving forward.

Tentatively this is the schedule of events moving forward.

Friday the 24th the forums will get locked. I'm guessing later in the day (EST). At this point all posting here will come to a stop.

Brennor will get all the DB and code set so that Shurijo can begin the porting over process. This will take most if not all of the weekend. Hope is that by Sunday night, or Monday morning, we will have the new site up and functional.

Bren will put a redirect on this URL at some point during all of this to point to the new place.

I highly recommend watching the Facebook Group for updates and information as we move forward. If things go smoothly we should be back up on the 27th at the new place ready for posting. If things don't go smoothly , well, then it might take bit longer.

Once we are up and running on the new site there may still be plenty of things to do just to adjust to the new format and that sort of thing, so next week be patient with us as we work out the kinks.

Shurijo and Brennor can give you more information and I hope they will chime in here to do just that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: The Next Step

Post by Scout89 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:33 pm

It was not a login page, it was a dialog box asking for credentials. I cancelled it and got the access denied page.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Yeah, the login/credentials page is just there to keep google/bing search bots away until we move the data. That credentials page will disappear once we migrate the data. If you can see the credentials page, then you shouldn't have problems accessing the new website - unless the software your office uses blacklists the site at a future time which we can't prevent.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 am

Fingers crossed!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Today is the day folks. At some point later on today (presumably after work hours) the site should get locked, or at the least the DB will get saved and Shurijo will begin the Import.

Watch the Face Book page for updates as things progress. Come Monday morning you'll want to try dicefellowship.org!