Personal Log (OOC)

Post by Orvost » Mon May 04, 2020 1:55 am

This is the OOC chat thread.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Personal Log (OOC)

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am

Double-checking, did we land on which System we're using. Book-wise, I mean. So I can get a PDF of the Rulebook to get familiar with the System.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Re: Personal Log (OOC)

Post by Orvost » Mon May 04, 2020 6:59 am

ManWithDoor wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am
Double-checking, did we land on which System we're using. Book-wise, I mean. So I can get a PDF of the Rulebook to get familiar with the System.
FASA second edition. If you PM me an email address, I can send a simple Google Sheet version of the character sheet. Also, do you know what job your want your character to have?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2020 7:15 am

I think I'd like to go into Engineering.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm

Communications (damage control)
Engineering
Helm (weapons)
Medicine
Navigation (shields)
Science (sensors)
Security
I'm thinking Navigation for me.

Will the command staff be NPCs? Are we all cadets or ensigns?

Questions

1. Do humans still have -30 PSI or does the human base 1 PSI already compensate for that?

2. Is "Space Science Curriculum" only for science department? Or is Space Science like grad school in addition to the Core?

3. As department heads, does that mean we get to go to Department Head School as well?

4. For Post-Academy Experience, do we roll for our tours or is this point buy/system or do you have a way to balance this? How many post-academy tours do we do before department head school (or game start)?

5. For OER (officer efficiency reports, our performance reviews), is this something we can RPG into our backstory or will you assign this based on our tours/backstory, or do we just make this up?

6. I'm assuming that our gear will be issued by Star Fleet command? We only need to focus on characters, backstory, and char gen?

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Mon May 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Shurijo wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm
Questions
The campaign starts on your cadet cruise. Everyone starts aboard the same ship. I'll break the good news about what ship you are serving on once characters are made. The command staff are all NPCs. Most of you won't serve as department heads on this tour since you are fresh out of branch school. Your official rank is midshipman, but most people will refer to you as cadet.

1. The starting 1 PSI figures in the -30 PSI for humans, as does the cheaper cost to raise PSI.
2. The Space Science Curriculum at the academy is for everyone. Everyone leaves the academy with an undergrad degree in Space Science. Science officers get the equivalent of a post graduate degree in Science at their Branch School.
3. None of you have been to department head school. Yet.
4. No post-branch school experience. Yet.
5. None of you have completed tours, so you have no OERs. Yet. Your cadet cruise results will be heavily influenced by roll play. Subsequent tours will probably be more dice result based--so you may not want to ignore your LUC stat.
6. Yes. With few exceptions, the gear you will have in-game will be issued to you.
Last edited by Orvost on Wed May 06, 2020 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Crossing my fingers for the Merchant Marine!!! ;)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 07, 2020 10:01 pm

Ok. I have my char sheet done. I went Navigator. Was tough between that and security, but would like a shot at commander of my own ship one day. I don't think Security Department Heads become ship captains - at least I feel like I read that somewhere in the player's guide.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 07, 2020 10:08 pm

Also, I have a Googlespreadsheet to help with the skill point calculations in char gen (not char sheet) just a math\calculator worksheet. You just add in the points and it sums it up for you. Easier for me than trying to fiddle around with numbers to get them where I wanted them to be. I can share if needed.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri May 08, 2020 1:49 am

Done with my Engineer character.