Chapter 4: Red Blades

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:26 pm

"The doors do sound the most promising, let's try that," he says, and begins to execute the plan.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:06 pm

Janos and Shoshannah stealth checks to make it to doors
Only 2 diff now, since distraction and away from loading area

Janos = yyg pp = 1 success 2 adv
Shoshannah = ygpp = 3 success 1 threat

Uri = yyy pp = 2 success 1 adv
Granite = gg pp = 2 success 1 threat
The group uses the distraction to their advantage to sneak onto the secondary and more secure landing pad. The white armored soldiers guarding the Lambda shuttle temporarily leave their positions to inspect the fire and see if there's any potential threats.

hacking via data port using datapad/improvised tools = 2 purple + 1 red
skill + skilled assist = 2y 2g
total = yygg ppr
result = 1 failure, 1 adv

Jedi Knight Granite and Padawan Urizen provide lookout coverage as Janos and Shoshannah tap into the security doors in order to download the security logs and any other relevant information. As the Jedi Knight runs the data extraction and decryption program, his datapad just isn't powerful enough to break through the security protocols. Fortunately, his attempt did not trigger any noticeable alerts or events.

Can retry again, same difficulties. You can attempt until you get caught (stealth fail or computers threat/fail)

doors security logs = ppr
doors unlock = ppp (no logs)
shuttle logs (must plug into shuttle) = ppr

If you re-attempt, then everyone will need to reroll stealth checks as well -- unless someone decides not to hide. I'll assume re-rolls on stealth + computers and re-roll the same things, unless players post otherwise, after two days (on Thur midday).

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Uri remains in hiding, keeping an eye out for troopers. The least stealthy among them is the big bruiser, Granite, so he draws upon the Force and prepares a mind trick for the troopers on their way back. He also remembers that some of the higher-ranking Jedi had special modifications to their lightsabers that allowed them to cut through exceptionally tough materials.

"Can we just cut our way through?"
ok. we can risk very likely failing the 2nd attempt either on Stealth or Computers, or Janos + assisting can cut the door open quickly, BUT, that will leave behind a sign of our infiltration. I vote for cutting through.

If consensus is against cutting, I am still prepared to have Uri Stealth and use Misdirect.
Stealth myself.

Prepared: Misdirect, target approaching trooper. Object/person: Granite. Affect more targets with extra Light.

I am willing to spend Destiny to make this work. If they won't be enough, I may use the Dark Side (and let my hate flow through me).Pending initial results...

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:22 pm

Shoshannah considers the matter for a moment, then shrugs. "We could try. But I left my ... incriminating weapon behind at Polis Massa."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:04 am

Janos weighs their options, but he figures in for a credit chit, in for a kilo. "You know my doing this will tell everyone a Jedi was here from here to Coruscant. We'd better be ready to leave quickly." Slipping his lightsaber from its hiding place, he switches the setting over to the specialized cutter and gets to work.
I don't know if there's a check here, but I might consider using a destiny point if it looks challenging.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:41 am

Granite takes a long and deep breath, readying himself medically for this whole thing to go pear-shaped in an instant. He keeps an eye out while trying to act not-super-suspicious.
Go Team Go!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:57 pm

Shoshannah nods at Janos' words. "We should think of a way to try to throw them off our tracks, so they don't link the Jedi with the shipment from Polis Massa--otherwise our base may be at risk."
Are there any other ships we could try to link to our activities to throw off any Imperial investigators?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:01 pm

All - The rocks were re-routed to Aldeeran to hide the fact they were from Polis Massa, so at least as far as everyone believes, there's no paper trail back to Polis Massa.

Janos -- I remember you specifically got that lightsaber attachment for cutting through walls and such, but I don't see it anywhere on your char sheet. So I added it
Jedi Knight Janos Tyree activates his Fusion Shunt lightsaber mode. This mode allows the Knight to amplify the lightsaber's power and profile of his blade. Taking his time, he takes great care to keep the blade's motions as precise as he can while the energy pours forth from the emitter. Rather than cutting a person sized hole in the door, Janos opts for the quicker approach by cutting through the door's locking mechanism.

Meanwhile, the others watch over the area hoping to avoid being seen. It's possible that their opponent's hubris allows them to go unseen at their location. With the focus being diverted to the warehouse and landing pad fire and recovery situation, they are able to cut through the door's locking mechanism without being detected. With the aid of Jedi Knight Granite, they manually push the sliding door open to reveal the inner hallway of the facility.

Janos force 2 = 4 light side
Shoshannah force 2 = 2 light side 1 dark side
Uri force 2 = 2 light side 2 dark side
Granite force 1 = 1 dark side

When they enter the building, Jedi Knight Janos, Jedi Shoshannah, and Padawan Uri all feel the air's temperature unnaturally drop, leaving them with a "coldness" feeling. Jedi Knight Granite is the last through the door as he focuses his attention outward toward their rear.

The coldness spreads over Uri and Shoshannah sending chills down their spines and raising the hair on the back of their necks. They begin to look and feel apprehensive about their mission which gives Jedi Knight Granite a pause to reconsider as well. The three Jedi do not fully understand what they feel, but it scares them.

Meanwhile, Jedi Knight Janos Tyree is able to sense multiple Force presences each with varying levels of "coldness." While Janos hasn't encountered the "coldness" before, his Master had taught him about the Sith encounter with Jedi Masters Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi and the "coldness" they felt in the air. Master Rhan Vel Aath sometimes called it the "shadow" or the "cold" and warned his apprentice to be ready in case he ever encountered those feelings.

Inside the building, they stand in a long hallway with a few rooms off to the sides.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:47 pm

"Why is it cold?" Nobody told Uri about this. He doesn't recall anything special about how the kallid are stored on Polis Massa...

Time to search for rocks. He starts to examine the doors to these rooms. Do they have bars, slots, windows, barred windows? He tries to look through one of these to see inside a room. Are they locked? He tries to open an unlocked door.
Stealth YYY
Perception G -1 Setback die in darkness (racial trait)

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:13 pm

"We need to leave," Janos whispered to the others. "I do not want to alarm you, but those presences are likely practitioners of the Dark Side of the Force. My Master once told me about this feeling. One we might be able to deal with together. More than one I do not think we are prepared for. Let us find a place to link up, download what we can, and leave as quick as may be."