Chapter 1A: Operation Shadowknife

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:56 pm

The galaxy is in conflict. After years
of growing tension, the worlds of the
SEPARATIST ALLIANCE have seceded
from the GALACTIC REPUBLIC. Under
the leadership of the Jedi Knights,
clone troopers fight bravely against
the remorseless droid army.

Returning to the Light Side, Jedi Master
Quinlan Vos rejoins the Republic and
acts as a double agent with Count
Dooku's Dark Acolytes. Vos brings new
intelligence of a secret Separatist
cloning facility on the verdant moon
of Saleucami.

Now, the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance
Corps gathers a crack team of
infiltrators, scientists, and slicers to
collect intelligence of the operation
and destroy the secret facility. The
task force prepares to depart for
Drenzor as they are briefed on
Operation Shadowknife...
This thread is for Muskrat only.
Please do not post yet, I have 1 or 2 more posts that I'll be making soon* (over next ~2 days, as time permits)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:05 pm

*whoosh*

The doors of the Venator-class Star Destroyer Defender seal shut leaving the room in a calm silence.

Standing in front of the small group, Jedi Master Stass Allie, a Force-sensitive Tholothian female, turns on the holographic display of a sphere which quickly transforms into a planet with two moons orbiting it. Moving her hands to enlarge one of the moons, she begins "Several weeks ago, our forces secured Saleucami. Now, we patrol the planet to guard against any Separatist attacks. Recently, new intelligence has come from the Jedi Council stating there is a CIS cloning facility on the moon Drenzor."

"The Jedi Council has requested more information on the subjects, technologies, and purpose of this facility. Opposed to bombardment which would destroy the evidence, we've been tasked with infiltrating the facility, gathering intelligence, and destroying any technology. Once our objectives are complete, explosives expert Trooper CT-9654 will place charges to destroy the facility. Bombardment from the Defender will occur after the team has exfilitrated."

Sweeping her outward to point to a young human female wearing Jedi Armor, "Jedi Shoshannah Nadeel will lead the mission and the team through the jungle with her navigation skills with dense jungle environments. She will also verify any scientific data retrieved to ensure all pertinent data has been extracted for intelligence and destroyed at the facility."

Sweeping her arm again to point to a young Bothan male wearing Jedi Armor, "Padawan Plaba Sundown has the necessary technical skills to slice into the computer systems and break any encryption."

Turning back to the holographic display of the moon Drenzo, the Jedi Master zooms into a specific region of the moon showing dense forest and tangled vegetation. A few open patches are highlighted with landing zone designations. "Our primary landing zone, Alpha, is 5 kilometers from the destination. Bravo and Charlie zones are here and here and 5 to 6 kilometers away. Extraction can take place at any of the three zones or at the destroyed facility as called in by your Commander. " Pointing at a clearing in the jungle, "The facility is located here."

Indicating the two Clones wearing flight suits, she continues "Infiltration and exfiltration will be handled by Clone Trooper Pilots Hazard and Axehead aboard the LAAT gunboat Firebird."

Turning to address the group, Master Allie places her hands on her hips and seemingly comes to a close to the operational briefing. "This operation has been designated Shadowknife and the infiltration squad designated Tango-5. Preset your commlink frequencies to the encrypted channel 48.95003."
Standard troop carrier that you seen in Clone Wars movie and cartoons
Feel free to post, I feel the briefing is a good point for questions.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:28 pm

Shoshannah tried hard to pay attention during the briefing, knowing her own life and others might depend on it. She tried to keep a neutral, attentive look on her face. But she was miserable and she didn't want to be here. She was an agronomist, not a soldier. She had opted out of the Jedi Trials because she didn't want to run around with a lightsaber, doing violence. And now here she was, in the middle of a war, where they wouldn't even let her be a medic, but pressed into service as a scout.

She forced herself to focus and asked, "What do we know about the staff at the facility? How many of them are there? How many scientists, how many soldiers, that sort of thing?" How many people might die because of me? she thought, but had the good sense not to say aloud."
Last edited by Muskrat on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:23 pm

Jedi Master Stass Allie repiles, "When the Siege of Saleucami began, we been monitoring incoming and outgoing transmissions and flights from the moon. Our techs reviewed the logs and found one shuttle departing the area soon after our fleet arrived. Republic Intelligence believes any scientists there may have fled. However, there could be operational security systems and possible droid patrols which they left behind in their departure."

The Clone Trooper Sergeant CT-6695, known as Coffee, speaks up saying, "If there's clankers there, we'll take them down nice and quiet like. Due to the terrain, there's not enough room for a large unit of droids. Most likely, they left some B1s or B2s behind without a change in orders. There's only one visible landing zone adjacent to the facility, so I can't imagine having more than one troop transport of droids there at any one time."

Jedi Master Allie shrugs and finishes, "In short, we don't know much about the facility and even less about what's inside, so we want to go as quiet as possible. If the defenses are too much, stay in position and we'll send in additional support to coordinate an offensive plan."

The General then zooms out of the map a bit and says, "There's a small settlement twenty-three kilometers west on the sea coast with a small spaceport. Additionally, three days ago our sensors picked up a campfire about three-point-seven kilometers southeast of the facility in the ridge above the river. The Signals-Intelligence team classified it as non-strategic with notes saying a high likelihood of a campsite for a local hunter or hermit based on activity."

The map shows the higher elevation ridge where the campfire was last seen. The winding river's source is clearly visible a few kilometers past the presumed campsite. The river's holograph image diminishes due to canopy cover, but it's clear that it flows near the facility and continues to the small settlement on the sea coast.

Bushwhack, designated Clone Trooper CT-9654, offhandedly says, "Seems like a nice place to retire. Good hunting and fishing region."

Sitting next to him, Clone Trooper CT-7865, called Lefty, grabs Bushwhack's shoulder and shakes it. Saying, "Only if you hate society. You probably can't even get a high-band holonet signal out there."

Bushwhack replies, "That's my point. Nice, quite, and secluded."

Clone Trooper CT-9873, known as Corporal Smiles, chuckles saying, "Sounds like Bushwhack is already planning his retirement."

As the other Clones join in laughing, Sergeant Coffee clears his throat and says, "Okay, enough with the chatter, boys. You know there's no such thing as retirement. Sorry for the interruption, General and Commanders."
I rolled 1 Force Die (1/PC) for Destiny Pool, result was 1 Dark Side point.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Shoshannah feels some relief that there will be few if any people there. "How concerned are we with the locals finding out about our operation? Should we keep things quiet regardless or can we go loud if, ah, unexpected complications arise?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Jedi General Allie replies, "The locals are outside the theater of operations. You should be safe to engage if circumstances dictate. Once on the ground, you're making the calls. We want to stay quiet as long as possible to not tip our hand that we're aware of this facility. The Separatists may have remote functions enabled to self destruct or purge the information we're seeking."

"Aye, cutting the commsat should be priority number one. We don't want any distress beacons going out." The Clone Sergeant adds. "Once the area has been secured, the Commanders can take care of the intelligence gathering, and you can leave the fireworks to us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:10 pm

Shoshannah nods. "Alright then. I think I'm ready to go then." Let's just get this over with, she thinks to herself.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 pm

As the briefing wraps up, Shoshannah hesitantly approaches Allie and says, "General, I found your report on the Outer Rim really illuminating. I've traveled a fair amount in the Outer Rim, but it helped give me a bigger picture of the region and a better understanding of the people there, not just the wildlife and soil types."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Jedi Master Allie smiles when Shoshannah mentions the report. "Thank you. I've read over your record. I know we're both looking forward to returning to the Corps once this war ends. This war has caused countless wounds which will take decades to heal."

As the General speaks, she is interrupted by a Clone Officer. "General, excuse me, your immediate presence has been requested in Operational Command Center." The Clone Officer and General turn and make a hasty departure from the room.

Standing up, the Clone Pilot says, "Commanders, when you're ready, the Firebird is in bay 1. We'll be ready to go on your orders." The pilots and soldiers turn to depart the briefing room to prepare their gear and supplies.

The young Bothan padawan, Plaba Sundown, is left standing alongside Shoshannah. "I just hope this is a quick mission. I'm not fond of jungles."
Whenever you're ready, just walk to the hanger area and we'll get moving

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 pm

Shoshannah felt a little better hearing Allie had been in the Service Corps and looked forward to returning to it. So, she was not the only one. Still, Shoshannah worried that one of the wounds that would take decades to heal was to the integrity of the Jedi Order.

She fell in alongside the clones and Plaba as they walked towards the hangar. "I don't mind the jungle," she replies. "It can certainly be unpleasantly hot and humid, but the wildlife can be fascinating to study. But I hope the mission is quick too--I'd rather be healing people's wounds than acting as a military scout." Well, there, she had said it, however undiplomatic it was. Maybe she needed to raise more questions about how the Jedi were conducting the war.