Chapter 1A: Operation Shadowknife

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Shoshannah sighs and stands up. "The poor fellow obviously came prepared not to leave an intelligence trail. There's nothing on him."

She reaches out with the Force, trying to see through the senses of the wildlife about her to see if she can pinpoint the location of the rogue Force user.
Force 1: Alter: Control: Share Senses
I know the Separatist Force user will be able to sense that I'm using the Force. Would they be able to tell what I'm doing with it?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:44 pm

Force Power Check
Force Rating 1
Rolling 1 force die
Result: 1 dark side pip

Second roll
Result: 2 light side pips
Shohannah reaches out with the Force, but fails to perceive. Resolute, she tries again and this time she connects with the mysterious power and begins to feel the senses of the nearby animals. The animals within a few meters of her, feel as best as anyone could describe it as calm. There appears to be no large animals or predators within range, only small insects and flying creatures overhead.

As she begins to search for the rogue Force user, her senses tell her that he is within several meters of her--most likely still atop the facility. Before she can act on the matter...

"Jedi Shoshannah, we've found something. You're going to--" The Padawan tells her over their commlink.

Then Shoshannah feels a strange feeling though the Force, an unsettling, dreadful, and overwhelming feeling of loss like something tragic has happened throughout the galaxy. Suddenly as the sensation is still present, she hears multiple blasters being fired from within the building and the Padawan's words cut short.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:35 pm

Shoshannah rips her senses free of the surrounding environment to focus on what is immediately around her, instinctively dropping to the ground and then remembering to fumble for her lightsaber. She'd carried one for symbolic purposes while in the Service Corps, but using it did not come naturally to her.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:20 pm

Clone Troopers (Minions) x3
Skill: 2y 1g
Wound Threshold: 15
http://swa.stoogoff.com/#clone-trooper

Clone Sergeant x1
Skill : 2y 1g
Wound Threshold: 14
http://swa.stoogoff.com/#clone-sergeant
note - all dice is rolled in the chat channel

Init: Vigilance

Shoshannah = 2g = 1 success 1 adv
Clone Troopers = 2y 1g = 3 successes 1 adv
Clone Sergeant = 2y 1g = 2 successes 3 adv

Clones go first, then Shoshannah

Lead by the Clone Sergeant, the clones step out of the facility with their blaster rifles raised and pointing at Shoshannah. The Clone Sergeant then flatly and methodically states, "You have been marked for termination by Order 66. Under this directive, any and all Jedi must be executed for treason against the Republic. "

Clone Sgt
Inc: Talk
Man: Move out of building
Action: Attack
Skill: 2y 1 g
Difficulty: short range 1p
Defense: 1 setback
Total: 2y 1g 1p 1s
Result: 3 success 1 threat
Threat: Suffer 1 strain
Damage: 10 + 3 = 13 (Pierce 1) - 4 (Soak) = 10 wounds

Clone Troopers
Man: Move out of building
Result: 2 successes 1 threat
Threat: Suffer 1 strain
Damage: 10 + 2 = 12 (Pierce 1) - 4 (Soak) = 9 wounds

The Clone Sergeant immediately open fires hitting Jedi Shoshannah in the side. Still shocked by the betrayal, the Clone Troopers follow suit and then fire their blaster rifles knocking out the young Jedi down.

Shoshannah 13 - 10 = 3 - 9 = -6
Clone Sgt 14-1 = 13
Clone Troopers 15
Rogue Jedi
Man: move short to engaged
Act: Attack Troopers

Lightsaber 3y 1g
Difficulty 2p
Defense 0
Total 3y 1g 2p
Result: 3 success, 1 threat, 1 triumph
Soak 5, ignored due to Breach 1
Dmg: 6+3 = 9 = 1 defeated, 1 at 1hp, 1 at 5hp
Convert Triumph to activate double weapon attack (linked 1)
Dmg: 6+3 = 9
Total Dmg = 18, all 3 troopers defeated

Jumping down from the rooftop, the rogue Jedi's double lightsaber slashes through the Clone Troopers defeating all three of them in one flowing and deadly attack maneuver.

Clone Sgt
Inc: talk
result: 2 success, 2 adv
dmg: 10+2=12 - 1 (Soak) = 11
Spend 2 adv to add 1 setback to Rogue Jedi next attack

Seeing the Troopers cut down, the Clone Sergeant turns and opens fire with his blaster rifling inflicting serious damage on the unknown assailant. "Airstrike, now! Drop the bomb on the facility. Over."

Rogue Jedi
Man: move short to engaged
Act: Attack Clong Sgt

Lightsaber 3y 1g
Difficulty 2p
Defense 0
Total 3y 1g 2p 1s
results: 3 success 2 threat 1 triumph
Dmg: 6+3=9
Convert Triumph to activate double weapon attack (linked 1)
Dmg: 6+3 = 9
Total Dmg = 18

Undeterred by the blast, the rogue Jedi pushes through the pain and moves to engage the Clone Sergeant. In a series of sweeping attacks, the Jedi lands hits with both ends of his double bladed lightsaber bringing the Clone Sergeant to his knees.

The commlink on the Clone Sergeant's head replies, "Roger. ETA 3 minutes."

Shoshannah 13 - 10 = 3 - 9 = -6
Clone Sgt 14-1 = 13 - 18 = -5
Clone Troopers 15 - 18 = -3
Rogue Jedi 18 - 11 = 7

Moving quickly to Shoshannah, the rogue Jedi pulls out a stimpack and injects it into her hip. However, he believes that's not enough to assist, so he takes his final stimpack out and injects another dose of the powerful cocktail of bacta, painkillers, anti-inflammatories, antibiotics. and other medications designed for quick healing in the field.
Shoshannah -6 +5 (first stim) = -1 + 4 (second stim) = +3

A few moments later a severely wounded Shoshannah awakens to four dead Clones. Reaching for her lightsaber, she finds it missing. She is still in intense pain, but the stimpack seems to help a little but not enough.

Calling her from a few feet away standing in the doorway to the facility, she hears a man's voice and her sight slowly recovers to find the rogue Jedi. "Come, we don't have any time. They called in an airstrike. We need to move. There's a access tunnel underground used for water and waste."

The man holds out his hand to assist her. As she listens, she sees her lightsaber has been clipped to his belt and that he is badly wounded, but not as serious as she feels.

Sorry about the "death", I knew Order 66 would be brutal, but I didn't know exactly how brutal. Which was why I planted a "backup plan", the rogue Jedi, into the story in case things went really bad. But the attacks posted above was actually rolled from his char sheet - using same xp as PCs started with

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:58 pm

"What happened ...? Why ...?" says Shoshannah, still not comprehending what had happened, why the clones--her allies--had opened fire on her and why this enemy Separatist was helping. Nonetheless, she climbed to her feet and started to follow him.

Suddenly, she stopped and looked around. "Plaba?" she called out. To the stranger, she explained, "He was the Bothan padawan that was with me."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:32 pm

As Shoshannah follows, the young man flatly replies, "He's dead. I couldn't get to him in time and I had no stimpacks." Looking back at her, he continues, "As far as why the Clones attacked, I have no idea, but I did feel a great disturbance in the Force."

Perception 1y 1g
Difficulty easy 1p
result: 2 success 1 threat

When she enters the facility, she sees about a dozen cloning tanks. The glass on the tanks are shattered and laying on the outside of the tanks as if broken from the inside. The consoles and other equipment has large cuts, possibly by a plasma object such as a lightsaber, appearing to disable the equipment.

She finds the young Bothan padawan sprawled, face-down on the floor. The smell of burnt flesh, hair, and clothing permeates throughout the room. It is unlikely the padawan was even aware of the Clones hostile intentions. His extended hand still grasps his datapad and his lightsaber is still attached to his belt.

Meanwhile, the young man moves to what appears to be an maintenance access door. Opening the door reveals a ladder descending a few meters below ground. She notices several pipes use the access tunnel to bring in cool water from the river and expel waste from the facility.

minus the bodies inside

Regaining her senses a bit better, Shoshannah looks at her Jedi bracer to see a flashing red light. She doesn't remember seeing it before, but it could have received a message while she was unconscious. To hear or see the message, she would need to activate the transceiver. It is highly irregular for the transceiver to be used by the Jedi Temple and it was only to be used in dire circumstances.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:48 pm

Shoshannah looks around, baffled by the presence of cloning facilities. "Was this even a Separatist facility?" she asks. Seeing Plaba, she turns him over, closes his eyes, then takes his datapad and lightsaber. There was a small chance that there might be useful information on the datapad--and one didn't just leave lightsabers lying around.

As she enters the underground passage, she pauses and says to the stranger, "Just a minute. I know we need to move quickly--but I'm receiving a really high alert emergency transmission. Maybe it will help us understand what's going on." She clicks on the transceiver to accept the message.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Shoshannah pauses for a moment to collect Padawan Plaba's items as the other Jedi slides down the ladder. With the items tucked away, she quickly descends.

Standing in a dark unlit room, she hears the familiar snap-hiss sound of a lightsaber being ignited. Looking to the man, she see's him using his lightsaber as a light in the unlit access tunnel. The tunnel is less than two meters high causing him to hold his double bladed lightsaber horizontal and bend his knees to provide amble space for overhead pipes. In the shadows of the purple light shown by his lightsaber, she notices a few small creatures scurrying away. The end of the tunnel cannot be seen from this point. The smell of stale air and mold fill the tunnel.

Waiting to move, she clicks to play the message on her Jedi beacon receiver. A voice-only message plays with a slow and measured voice. "This is Anakin Skywalker declaring a Nine Thirteen Emergency. All Jedi return to the Jedi Temple."

The man seeing her pause, takes her hand and gives her a tug to move forward. "We don't have time for this." He says.

Pushing Shoshannah forward, the pair begin running towards the end of the dark tunnel. Her feet splashes in water filled with debris, insects, fungi, and other assortments of flora and fauna. Behind them, they hear an awful explosion and watch as the tunnel collapses.
Coordination 2g 1p
Debris = 1 success 1 adv
A wind tunnel of dust and debris fills the air around them as they are unable to see or breath for more than a minute. When the dust settles, the two are covered in dirt and seemingly unharmed by the blast. Looking back, they can see the tunnel fully collapsed and blocking any path back to the facility. At their feet, water begins to rise as the water from the intake pipes burst and leak into the access tunnel.

With a heavy sigh, the man leaves his lightsaber ignited for light and takes a sit against the rounded sides of the tunnel. Breathing heavy, he takes a moment to catch his breath and rub the dirt away from his face.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:35 pm

Shoshannah also wipes the dirt from her face, but is more concerned with checking her blaster and lightsaber to make sure they are clean. She's gotten dirty in the field often enough and knows the importance of keeping delicate equipment clean.

As she cleans her equipment, she says to the stranger, "Thank you for your help. My name is Shoshannah Nadeel. I am--was--in the Jedi Service Corps working as an agronomist before I got dragged into the war effort. We were told that this was a Separatist research facility, but now I don't what to believe. Clearly something very serious is happening if they're asking all Jedi to return to the Temple. And if the clones attacked us. What's your name? And, while I'm glad you were here, I'm also curious why you were here." She hopes that by laying her cards on the table the stranger would be willing to show at least some of his own.
Presence 3/ Charm 1

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:09 pm

Charm (1y 2g) vs Cool (1y 1g)
+1 boost for friendly and not attacking
1y 2g 1b 1r 1p
results: 1 success, 2 advantage

The young man unclips her lightsaber from his belt and tosses over to her. "Sorry about taking your lightsaber. I didn't want you to wake up and slice my arm off while I was sticking a stimpack in your thigh."

When she introduces herself, he asks. "Are you the plant girl? The one that had the plants by the window at the Temple? I'm Manh Toisao. I think we were on Master Yoda's naughty list together. I skipped a bunch of history and other boring classes to spend more time practicing lightsaber forms. And you might have skipped the lightsaber class?"

"As far as my story...." The young man looks down for a moment and then raises his head. With a pause and a sigh, he finally continues. "A few months ago, I decided to retire from the war and returned here. I spent some time in that building training a year or two ago, before it was turned into a lab. A few weeks ago while hunting, I came across those Kajain'sa'Nikto wandering around the jungle. It didn't take long to see there was something wrong with them. After the first one attacked me, I fought back. It wouldn't back off until it was dead. A few days later, I thought I saw the exact same one again. I've seen a handful and after a few weeks, I finally pieced it together that they had to be clones."

"So I came back here and discovered the building had been growing clones or something in those tanks. I'm not sure, but I think that batch was defective. They can't talk or understand basic and they are overly aggressive even towards each other. They seem to know how to fight with those force pikes, which I think must have been left in the lab, but they don't seem to know much else. I was tracking the others down to keep them from wandering too close to the village. I'm not sure anyone in the village could even take one of those down."

Recall - Manh was a "jock" type Jedi, skipping every class except athletics and lightsaber classes, he barely passed the knowledge courses and while strong in the force, he could never apply that to "Force Powers" (powers unrelated to jumping/athletics). He's the same age as you, so you could have been in a few youngling courses together or at least seen each other there. He didn't have tattoos back then. He was just a common human boy on the more muscular side rather than lean.

Med skill check 2y 2g 2p
result: 1 success 1 adv

If a clone was grown too quickly, the clone's mind would begin to deteriorate, leading to psychosis. The shortest time to normally grow a clone was one standard year, and between three to five years was considered necessary to prevent the risk. Some scientists believed that it was because the body was grown too quickly, and the brain being fed information could not handle the amount of data at such a rate. Others believed that it was due to a "double presence" the clone caused in the Force.