Chapter 1A: Operation Shadowknife

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Shoshannah smiles briefly at being called "the plant girl," before falling back into a more somber mood. "Yes, I was the plant girl. And, yes, I skipped lightsaber class sometimes to work in the gardens." She looks up at the new destroyed facility above them. "It sounds like they tried growing the clones too quickly. Normally, you want to take three to five years to grow a clone and feed data to structure their minds. If you do it too quickly, they come out wrong. So the Separatists might have been growing Nitkos in the hopes of using them to fight Jedi--but sped things up because of the war effort and botched the job."

She looks over at Manh. "So, what next? I mean, first, we need to find a way out of here. But I should get back to the Jedi Temple ..." Her voice trailed off. "I'm really tempted to follow your example and just ditch the whole war. But if people are in trouble, I feel like I should go help. I'd rather help people using science and I'm sick to death of this whole war, but I don't know if I can just walk away ..."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:32 pm

The young man nodded his head. "The exit is about another fifty meters ahead. I have a hovercraft that can take us to the village, but there's rarely any ships there other than the ones transporting supplies and goods to and from Saleucami. If the Clones incident isn't an isolated event, then Saleucami would be a very bad idea. If there's something going on, we can check out the HoloNews in the village."

Standing up and holding his side, he says, "You're pretty beaten up as well. Even worse than me. I suggest taking some time to heal before rushing too fast back into the war."
Chapter 1 ends. We'll start Chapter 2 next week. I'll post XP and stuff in OOC. You can post again if you like. We'll start Chapter 2 in the village (after we've rested, if agreed upon).
Most likely, we'll just continue this thread until you join with another group of PCs.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Shoshannah nods. "You're right. I should rest up and try to find out what's going on before rushing off." The idea fills her with relief. A break from the war, if only briefly. "And if Saleucami is dangerous--well, it will give us time to come up with a plan. We should probably hide our lightsabers, in case any of the traitors among the clones spread misinformation about the Jedi in town."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:59 pm

I forgot to post here to let you know that I've started Chapter 2 for you in a new thread. After reviewing my notes, I realized I couldn't merge you into another game in early chapter 2, so I created a new Ch2 thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1031&t=9483