Chapter 1B: Onslaught at Boontu

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:46 pm

As Uri enters town, he slows his speeder to match the speed of pedestrians and those riding or driving animals. The city appears to be behaving as normal, possibly not even aware of the Separatist droid army attacking the Republic's ORD dozens of kilometers away.

The city is named "Living Pits" due to the city's original location, now referred to as "The Pit." The Pit was a vast, deep hole where thousands of residents reside and work. Nearby, there were several other "pits" where hundreds of citizens live and work. The spaceport and the city's main commerce, trade, and racing tracks are located on the planet's surface, while most of the locals remained under the surface within the pits.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:51 am

Uri parks his speeder outside the spaceport. He goes inside and looks for the help desk or flags one of the staffers. "Hey, which ships are about to leave? I'm looking for someone wearing robes just like mine."
If I'm allowed to sense other Force users as per your rule, without the Sense power, I'd like to have Uri do that too

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:02 pm

The emotionless droid behind the counter stares blankly back to Uri and responds in basic, "Unknown. All organics look the same to me. What is your ship identification number? Please present your docking information to proceed."

Stepping away from the counter, the padawan hopes to find other Force users in the area. However,... the Force feels different... like his connection to the Force is being throttled or weakened by an unseen force. In his immediate area, he hears what sounds to be a soothing humming sound coming from Master Caitken's satchel.

Opposite of the spaceport, loud cheers and shouts can be overheard. Taking a quick look, Uri notices the usual off-planet podracing HoloNews feeds used for betting have been replaced by what appears to be an official Republic news image of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine standing before a crowd.
Percep check
1g 2p
1 threat

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:39 am

Conscious of his status as a fugitive, Uri draws his hood over his head and then joins the crowd. He opens his Master's satchel to see what's making that humming - a holocron? - and to search for money. Anything that could help him get on a ship.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Shuffling through the contents of Jedi Master Caitken's satchel, Uri finds two small black boxes, a few hand-written journals, and the lightsaber he took from Master Caitken's room. Hand-written journals were rare, with most people preferring to record their thoughts into electronic means such as datapads. However, the padawan remembered that his former-master stayed true to many old traditions more than other Jedi. He finds no credits within the satchel to combine with his nearly spent credit chip.

As he scrounges through the contents of the satchel, he listens to the broadcast. When Supreme Chancellor Palpatine mentions the "Jedi" and "Jedi Temple," Uri stops looking in the satchel and turns to watch the HoloNet cast.

Emperor Palpatine wrote: (applause)

And the Jedi rebellion has been foiled.

Our loyal clone troopers contained the
insurrection within the Jedi Temple and
quelled uprisings on a thousand worlds.

The remaining Jedi will be hunted down
and defeated!

(applause)

The attempt on my life has left me
scarred and deformed. But, I assure you,
my resolve has never been stronger!

(applause)

In order to ensure the security and
continuing stability, the Republic will
be reorganized into the first
Galactic Empire!

(applause)

For a safe and secure society.

(thunderous applause)

The majority of the crowd at the establishment cheer. A few look a bit skeptical, but nobody decides to speak up at the moment.

As the Emperor's image fades, the HoloNet "Breaking News" ticker streams a few headlines including "63 Senators Arrested in Collusion with Jedi Insurgency: Senators Shea Sadashassa of Herdessa, Ivor Drake of Kestos Minor, Fang Zar of Sern Prime, Streamdrinker of Tynna, and Tanner Cadaman of Feenix."

As the "breaking news" headline scrolls by, the image of a human female continues the news report, "Imperial Intelligence scored a dramatic victory against the Jedi rebellion today, arresting sixty-three senators on charges of conspiracy and treason. All those arrested had also been signatories to the Petition of the 2,000, a formal protest against Emperor Palpatine's new system of regional governorship that was signed by two thousand legislators and presented during the last full Senate session. Is your senator a traitor? Find out more at the end of the hour."

The image shifts back to the live event on Coruscant to construct an image of a Chagrian male. Under the hologram of his head, the title "Grand Vizier Mas Amedaa" is displayed.

Grand Vizier Mas Amedaa wrote: "Through the grace of our Emperor
Palpatine, we were saved from their
treachery.

The Jedi are gone.

The Emperor saw through their
Separatist plots, their lies.

He survived their attempt to
assassinate him.

Never again will we fear the Jedi!"

Padawan Uri recognizes the location where the Grand Vizier stood.... It was the steps of the Jedi Temple! Reaching into a round metal container, the Grand Vizier retrieves a lightsaber... Not just any lightsaber, but a lightsaber with a short hilt that appeared to be the size for a youngling... But, it's not a youngling training blade, it is ... Master Yoda's lightsaber! Holding it above his head to the cheering crowd, the Grand Vizier tosses the lightsaber into a large incinerator.

Grand Vizier Mas Amedaa wrote: Image

"Stay tuned for more details on the dramatic victory over the Jedi rebellion. This is Fafe Mavval reporting for the Galactic Empire News Network -- Empire united over all."
You have 75 creds. I added to char sheet after ch1.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:10 pm

Uri connects the dots between the news feed and his earlier dark revelation, while gaping as troopers tossing lightsabers away to be destroyed, upon the stairway in front of the Jedi Temple itself. Raw nerves flare up. He stares daggers at the holo image of the Grand Vizier. The voiceless hunger croaks within him. Agitated to the core, by outrage and raw nerves, he walks closer to the crowd.

"Does that look like the actions of brave men? They're burning lightsabers for fear that they'll be used again! They want you to be afraid!" he rants. "And the Jedi aren't 'defeated', they were slaughtered! Our own men turned on us in the middle of battle! My Master was murdered by one of our own!"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:26 pm

The other patrons of the betting establishment turn to look at Uri. After his emotional outburst, the crowd begins yelling back at him. "Shut up, emwhulb! Chaos take you! Fedejik! Get out! Who in the flizzards are you? Go crink yourself!"

After a moment, a very large, muscular green skinned Devaron walks over, grabs the padawan's arm and begins to eject him from the establishment. The Devaron has one horn broken at the top and tells the young man, "Take your nonsense elsewhere before the boss calls the city guard."
If Janos approaches you in the Chapter 2 thread, then we'll move to that thread.