Chapter 1B: Onslaught at Boontu

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Uri nods to Lucky as he reaches the speeders, and smiles at Glo Ka. "Thanks, Glo. At this rate, a speeder malfunction would be a welcome diversion." He says nothing about the "Jedi thing" in front of the soldiers, wanting to let Thraka believe for a while that he was much further ahead of him. "Anything to break up the monotony and keep us alert. It's getting too quiet out there. At least you get to tinker with the new speeders."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:16 pm

The group mounts their speeders and takes off out of the hanger area and down the canyons. As typical, they will circle the area and inspect each of the anti-aircraft systems to ensure they are operational and active. They speed through the purple, red, blue, and green sectors. As they enter the final sector before returning to base, they've noticed nothing but rocks and lizards.
Perception check vs 2 difficulty
failed to notice on 8 systems
1 success on ninth roll
On the anti-aircraft system designated "Silver-1," Commander Uri notices something strange. There's a panel with fingerprints on it and signs it's been removed. While the rest of the weapon is covered in dust, the panel shows it's been recently removed.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Uri keeps a mental note of his 74-Z speeder's performance. So far, so good. It hasn't sputtered or caught fire. Yet.

At anti-air Silver-1, after leaving his speeder to perform a routine check, he pauses on the fingerprints. "Corporal... check your scanners again, please. I got a bad feeling about this."

Uri can't sense life energy, let alone who it belongs to, so he pries off the panel to see if there's anything out of the ordinary inside.
Mechanics: I'm gonna "diagnose" the problem and then fix it, as long as it's not a bomb on a short timer.

Light Side Force Point: let's have the scanners pick up something relevant. Surprise me.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:02 pm

Mechanics: 2 prof, 1 ability
Difficulty: 2 average
2y 1g 2p = 4 successes, 1 threat
Uri easily removes the cover and finds an electronic spike jammed into the primary relay sensors of the system. Removing the spike seems to cause the system to go back online.

Meanwhile, the Clone Trooper scans the area finding only more lizards and rocks in the immediate vicinity. Reporting back to the Commander, Lucky says. "Sir, there's nothing in the vicinity. However, I can't reach base. I'm picking up only static. Something is jamming the signal."
Assuming you mean the light side point from the destiny point? These terms confuse me sometimes especially with the force, light, destiny, etc.

Since you have good mechanics roll (and I forgot to upgrade that roll), I'll use that destiny point to reveal information/fact
Looking down, Uri discovers a multiphase wrench. The tool, used to repair machinery, is the same manufacturer as the standard issue for the Army of the Republic. Knowing the Quartermaster inventories each toolkit check in and out of the supply, Uri may be able to discover who dropped the wrench.

Sitting on his speeder, Trooper CT-9125, says, "Sir, I have a bad feeling about this."

Replying back to CT-9125, the Trooper called "Burner" says "Omen, you always have a bad feeling."
Destiny Pool = 2 Light Side Points
Flipping 1 to dark side
Now Destiny Pool = 1 Light Side Point, 1 Dark Side Point

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:13 pm

"A broken chrono is still right twice a day." Uri picks up the multiphase wrench and the spike.

The plan was to quicken onto the last ant-aircraft defense, check for the same issue, and double back to BORD and inform the next patrol. And then request to check every anti-air he passed in reverse order until both patrols met up. But, Thraka was on the previous... No. Not a proud Force-sensitive member of the Jedi Order, especially not an arrogant jawa like Thraka. Not even once. Don't be paranoid, Uri.

Uri hops on his speeder. "Let's keep continue as we are, but pick up the pace. We'll see what the situation is like at the depot when we return."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:50 pm

The squad turns their speeders around and heads back to the previous system. There Uri finds another spike lodged into the system preventing it from receiving orders.

As they inspect the system, Lucky states, "Sir, we have a bigger problem right now." Pointing to the horizon, you see a squadron of Vulture-class droid starfighters, the most common Separatist droid fighter, begin to take shape. The ships are heading on a direct course for the facility.
on the map, they would be coming in from the top heading to bottom

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:13 am

Uri looks up in stunned surprise, but not for long. He removes the spike and jumps on his speeder. "Head back to base. MOVE."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:22 pm

As the patrol speeds off back to base, they hear and witness the droid squadron's missiles taking out the defensive anti-aircraft systems. As they near the facility, the squadron passes overhead and fires on the last few remaining systems.

At the facility, they see Clone Troopers setting up barricades and gun positions. The large hanger blast doors are closed and leaving open only small access doors for personnel. It appears they are setting up defensive positions and readying for a ground force. Due to the canyons, a bombardment from fighters doesn't seem likely.

Leaving their speeders outside, the padawan dismounts and a Clone Trooper Sergeant approaches him. "Commander, General Caitken is looking for you. He's in the command center."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Uri palms his lightsaber where it hangs from his belt. What he found recently in Silver sector told him to expect more trouble inside the base.

When the trooper informs him of Caitken's status, he replies, "Got it. Tell the General that I'll be along shortly, trooper. I need to visit the armory. It's urgent."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:59 am

"Yes, sir." The Clone Sergeant responds and heads off back towards the command center.

As Uri heads through the facility, he sees Clones and other non-Clone Army of the Republic staff making preparations for an attack. Most of the medbays have been emptied and wounded Clones are preparing for combat. He notices the injured Clones are stationed in the facility, as a last line of defense, while the non-injured are setting up bunkers and barricades outside the facility.

Turning down the hallway, he finds the armory door open and the armory staff moving weapons, explosives, ammunition, and other supplies out of storage.