Chapter 1B: Onslaught at Boontu

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:39 pm

The galaxy is in conflict. After years
of growing tension, the worlds of the
SEPARATIST ALLIANCE have seceded
from the GALACTIC REPUBLIC. Under
the leadership of the Jedi Knights,
clone troopers fight bravely against
the remorseless droid army.

At a heavy cost, the 68th Regiment
of the Grand Army of the Republic
claims victory at the SIEGE OF
SALEUCAMI. While operations
continue on the newly freed
world, the wounded spearhead
regiment relocate to the
Ordinance and Resupply Depot
on nearby world of Boonta.

At the nexus of five hyperspace
routes, the strategically held
world of barren deserts and
wastelands is key to a Republic
victory. But unseen forces
threaten to expose the facility,
and it might already be too late...
This thread is for RorytheRomulan only.
Please do not post yet, I have 1 or 2 more posts that I'll be making soon* (over next ~2 days, as time permits)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Located on the edge of Hutt Space, Boonta is orbited by a repair facility for damaged Republic starships. Famous for both spice-smuggling and the origin of podracing, a secret Republic base is hidden deep within the canyons of the desert planet. The Boonta Ordinance and Resupply Depot, called "BORD" by the Clone Troopers who rotate in and out of the depot, is a critical strategic asset for the Army of the Republic serving as a resupply depot, special operations command, and Signals-Intelligence operation for nearby systems.

The acting base commander, Jedi Master General Drash Caitken's 834th Battalion has just been assigned command of the installation. In addition to the General Caitken, Jedi Master General Lorraf Nolb's 742st severely wounded battalion has been given orders to recover and await new Clone Trooper recruits to refill their ranks after suffering heavy losses at the Siege of Salecumi.

With short notice, a small group of Jedi assemble within a closed room at the request of Jedi Master Drash Caitken. The group includes all of the Jedi stationed at the facility including Jedi Master Lorraf Nolb and padawans Thraka Barzane and Urizen Athacorr.

The two padawans, Thraka and Urizen, are of similar age and share the same home world of Arkania. Having been found on Arkania as children by Jedi just weeks apart and taken to Jedi Temples to train as younglings, their fates have seemingly been bound together by the Living Force. While Thraka entered into the Clone War ahead of Urizen, both padawans have shown great potential.

"Greetings," Jedi Master Caitken states. The Mon Calamari Jedi Master waves his hands to invite the others to come into the room. "Ah, good friend Lorraf. It feels like you were my padawan just years ago. You and your padawan have many victories and accomplishments."

"Thank you, master." Jedi Master Nolb responds. The Duros Jedi Master lightly bows to his former Jedi Master.

"You are welcome, Jedi Master." Jedi Master Caitken replies back. "Let us not forget, you are also a Jedi Master and no longer a Jedi Knight. Congratulations. We have not spoken since the order from the High Council was issued. We have much to speak about. We can speak after the ceremony."

At the mention of ceremony, the padawans realize that this meeting is not an intelligence briefing or even a routine patrol status update. The two padawan Commanders oversee the ground patrols of the installation, split equally during the day and night hours and divided between the two battalion's units.

"Jedi Master Nolb and Padawan Thraka Barzane step forward," Jedi Master Caitken states. Padawan Urizen Athacorr remains standing alone as the two Jedi join Jedi Master Caitken. Turning to face Jedi Master Nolb, Caitken continues, "I am always honored to bear witness to these events."

The Mon Calamari Jedi Master then walks to join Padawan Urizen leaving Nolb and Barzane facing each other in front of the room.

"Your period of service is over, my young Jedi." Jedi Master Nolb states to his padawan. "The Council has approved your knighthood." Traditionally, when a Jedi Knight successfully led a Padawan to becoming a Jedi Knight themselves, they would also be granted the rank of Master. Today in an unusual situation, after the Jedi Knight became a Jedi Master, their Padawan is being knighted.

Continuing on, Master Nolb begins. "We are all Jedi. The Force speaks through us. Through our actions, the Force proclaims itself and what is real. Today we are here to acknowledge what the Force has proclaimed. Padawan Thraka Barzane take a knee."

After the padawan takes a knee, Master Nolb ignites his lightsaber and brings it down above each of the kneeling padawan's shoulders. "By the right of the Council, by the will of the Force, I dub thee, Jedi, Knight of the Republic."

Rising from his knee, the newly knighted Jedi Knight bows his head. Traditionally, the Knight would then exit the room in silence after a knighting ceremony.

As the Jedi Knight exits the room, he passes by Urizen saying, "Good day, Padawan." Following after the Knight, Jedi Master Nolb exits the room leaving just Jedi Master Caitken and his padawan, Urizen standing.
Okay, feel free to post. I know that was a lot of stuff to cram in, but it was just flowing. feel free to post any thoughts, but the ceremony should be 'quite' and respectful.

Your daily patrol should start within a few minutes/soon. So that will eventually be your cue to exit the room when you're ready.

Destiny Pool = 1 force die, results = 2 Light Side Points

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:08 am

There is no emotion. There is peace. By now, even non-Jedi have noticed the tension between Thraka and Uri. Even a bloated name like "Urizen" would be better than "Padawan" or "Apprentice" after Thraka was knighted. Uri's gaze passes from Thraka to Master Lorraf. It was hard to form a proper smile after the veiled insult from the arrogant pureblood, but Uri bit the inside of his lip to force it. The mantra plays through his head, though it may as well be static when his rival felt like giving a reminder of the distance between them. There is no emotion. There is peace.

He waits at attention for Master Caitken. "Master, am I dismissed?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:09 pm

Jedi Master Drash Caitken smiles at Urizen. "Once your patrols have completed come see me. We have much to discuss. I do not agree with the High Council's decision to forgo traditional Jedi Trials. The Trials of Skill, Courage, Spirit, Flesh, and Insight cannot be truly duplicated in war. The experience of successfully completing The Trials will forever live on with a Jedi, long after this war ends."

"The prolonged siege at Salecumi delayed my plans to begin training for your Jedi Trials. I have reserved a shuttle and requested access to the Jedi Trials Chamber in the Coruscant Jedi Temple. We will depart in a few days after the facility's command has been transferred to Jedi Master Nolb. Until then, we will refocus our studies and spend time mediating in preparation."

The Mon Calamari Jedi Master pats the young man on his back. "Your time of service is nearing an end. I have the upmost confidence in your abilities to exceed the challenges you will experience within the chamber."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:08 am

At the mention of the trials, hope gleams in Uri's eyes. As Master Caitken continues and elaborates, exuberance swells in his countenance, and stiffens and fades at impactful words for the young man. Depart. Refocus. End of service.

"We're leaving Boontu for good?" No, no, no. Come up with a reason to stay. Friends. Accomplishments. Victories. "But I've--" Scrap! No, move past it! Alright relax. Make your case. "But we've done so much here at BORD. We've managed to hold it as well as we have just by being here. Without us around, it doesn't just look vulnerable, it is. I want to stay, keep doing my part."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm

The Jedi Master comforts the young man, "Oh, we'll be back here. This place has become attached quicker than a a roost of mynocks in the Fondor shipyards." The pair has spent quite a bit of time on Boota, but the facility has always served as a command post to organize and resupply between battles on other Outer Rim worlds.

"There's a rumor the two battalions will consolidate since both units took losses. If that happens, I'm not sure what the Council will request of either of us. However, when the units recover from the siege, they will head to the next battle and return after their engagement and so forth, like we have for the last year."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:50 am

Uri feels himself visibly relax after Caitken's reassurances. "Right. Thank you, Master. So, you believe I'm ready for the Trials? I've finally proven myself? Um, they won't take long, will they?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 pm

"Uri, no one is every truly ready for the Trials. If they do not challenge you, then the Trails are worthless. I believe you should be given the opportunity. I do believe the contests will be challenging and I have faith in your strength of mind and character to succeed." The Jedi Master responds to the young padawan.

"Do not tarry, as a Commander you should not be late to your own patrol. We can talk more tomorrow when your patrol shift has concluded. There are other more important matters that I believe we should discuss, but those can wait for now."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:10 am

Thraka didn't pass the Jedi Trials. But Master Lorraf knighted Thraka without them. If Thraka didn't have to take them, passing or failing shouldn't matter to Uri, especially if he'll be coming back to Boontu. Right? Don't overthink this, Uri. You'll take the Trials, and then you'll come right back.

The question forming in Uri's mind can be seen in his eyes. Next to the Jed Trials, what other important matters could there be to discuss alone? What did Caitken want to speak to Lorraf about?

Nevertheless, he bows and says "Yes, Master. May the Force be with you."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:20 pm

The young padawan leaves the chamber and begins to prepare for his patrol. Jedi Knight Barzane was on his last patrol of his shift and should be returning within the hour. That gave the padawan some personal time for studying and mediation.

When it neared the designated meeting time, he headed to the hanger bay to meet with his patrol squad. As he approached, he spotted his squad talking with the Clones that just returned from their patrol. Uri soon joins a them standing next to weathered and battered speeders.

The Clone Trooper hands his helmet to a waiting tech and smiled at the other Clones. "Just rocks and lizards. Same as the last five days. I was almost hoping to run into some wamp rats just to fit in some target practice."

Responding, the Clone Sergeant says, "Don't get cocky. You never know when the Separatists could send some droid to go poking around."

The trooper replies, "Sir, I understand."

Standing next to the Clone Sergeant, Ensign Glo Ka, a young adult male Kaminoan and Quartermaster Assistant, approached the departing squad saying, "Corporal Flash, your route was not standard protocol. How do you know that you didn't miss something?"

The departing Corporal responds, "I'm sure the rocks and lizards won't mind. Besides, long range scanners showed no signs of any movement or activity anywhere out there. And we're just following orders. You'll need to talk with Commander Barzane about that."

The Ensign sighs and then glances over to his friend Uri and then back to Trooper Flash, "I'm sure you know that sensors are unreliable throughout this entire area. If the Commander gives you any instructions outside the norms, be sure to check in with General Caitken."

The Clone Trooper, Flash, then shrugs knowing that he has orders to follow his Commander and if there's a disagreement among the Commanders and Generals, then that's outside his control. "The Commander said he would meet us back here. He said he wanted to do 'a Jedi thing' and sent us ahead on patrol." Then the trooper hurries ahead to join with the other members of his patrol.

Ensign Glo Ka then turns and greets Uri, "Oh, hi Uri. I mean Commander Uri." He corrects himself in front of Uri's clone squad. "These speeder bikes are ready to depart. We just got a new shipment of Aratech 74-Zs. We're evaluating them against the BARCs to see which ones hold up the best in arid climates. After returning, please have your squad fill out the survey so we can report any issues with the new speeders. Your squad is free to take the old BARCs or the new 74-Zs."

From Uri's battalion, this shift's patrol included Corporal CT-9125 ("Lucky") and Troopers CT-9125 ("Coil"), CT-9125 ("Lock"), CT-9125 ("Burner"), and CT-9125 ("Omen"). As Uri spoke, the Clones started looking over the new speeders. Most of them preferred the BARC speeders, ones they've used for years. While, the Corporal Lucky seems to have decided on testing the Aratech 74-Z.

Throughout his patrol shift, Uri usually accompanied at least every other or third patrol throughout his half-day responsibilities. Usually, the last patrol of Jedi Knight Barzane and his first shift would meet to pass on any new information. However, other than the count of lizards or rocks, there hasn't been anything to report in the last several days. It was odd for the newly knighted
The speeder model doesn't matter, choose whichever one you want