Chapter 1B: Onslaught at Boontu

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:24 am

Uri walks up to the nearest staff member. "Excuse me, I need to see Ensign Ka or the quartermaster, where are they?"

If he can't find one of them, he may have to check the wrench back in himself to find out who used it last. That can't be much more difficult than patrolling the desert.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:21 pm

When Uri asks, the staff calls out to the Ensign Ka. A few moments later the Kaminoan assistant quartermaster appears holding a datapad. "Hi Uri". As he waves his hands in excitment, he continues, "Everything is crazy right now. So much going on."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:58 pm

Should Uri tell him about his patrol? Probably not yet. In the moment after Uri gets it all out, the check-out problem with the wrench will look like a wamp rat's dinner compared to the rest.

"You don't know the half of it. Listen to me, Glo: this is very important. Can that datapad tell us if there's any record of a multiphase wrench still checked-out?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 pm

"Sure." he responds.

Taking the multiphase wrench from Uri, Glo scans it's embedded chip. "This set was checked out yesterday by Commander Barzane. Note say he had a squeaky bed and wanted to tighten the frame."

The assistance quartermaster returns the wrench to Uri. As he glances back to the others carrying supplies out of storage.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:52 pm

That information stuns the Jedi Knight-to-be. Thraka didn't sabotage Uri's patrol. He sabotaged the BORD. Something stirs within Uri's subconscious that had always been creeping beneath his frustration with Thraka. Something hungry.

He pulls Glo Ka aside. "You're my friend and I want you to know what's going on, clearance or no," he whispers. "The Separatists are coming. Coms are all static. They've taken out the defense towers in Silver sector. Both towers were offline when I reached them. I found these in their circuitry:" He produces a spike for the ensign to see. "And I found that wrench by the security panel of Silver-1."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:58 pm

The Kaminoan looks puzzled at the spike produced by Uri. "That is most unsettling. You should inform the General. I'm sure the wrench is just a coincidence. It could have fallen out of his pocket on patrol."

Looking back to the others, he continues. "I must return to my duties. We need to get the ammunition and supplies ready for the assault."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:37 pm

Uri pauses. "Maybe you're right. I hope you're right. Take care of yourself. I'm going to go see the General now."

He waits long enough for an acknowledgement, and departs at a brisk pace for the command center.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 pm

Jedi Master Drash Caitken is busy giving orders and layout out plans on how to defend the facility. When Uri enters, the General turns and says, "I'm glad you're alive. I was worried you'd been hurt when the fighters took out our anti-aircraft systems."
[/map]

Bringing his map over to Uri, he begins before Uri has a chance to speak. "We expect ground forces to arrive at any time. They'll need to land there. Most likely they will split into thirds and send a group down each canyon. If we can block off two of the three canyons, then we can focus our fire. Thraka is heading to Dune Worm with explosives, if his able to bring the rocks down, then we can channel the droids into the middle canyon. I need you to close off Bantha canyon, so the droids only have one ingress vector."

Looking at his padawan, he says, "We're likely to be in a full scale battle by the time you return, so be safe. Comms are all down, and the comm is working to fix that. The jammer also took out the signal to the anti-aircraft defenses, which are all offline and likely destroyed by now."

The General then prepares to return back to command.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 pm

Jedi Master Drash Caitken is busy giving orders and layout out plans on how to defend the facility. When Uri enters, the General turns and says, "I'm glad you're alive. I was worried you'd been hurt when the fighters took out our anti-aircraft systems."

Bringing his map over to Uri, he begins before Uri has a chance to speak. "We expect ground forces to arrive at any time. They'll need to land there. Most likely they will split into thirds and send a group down each canyon. If we can block off two of the three canyons, then we can focus our fire. Thraka is heading to Dune Worm with explosives, if his able to bring the rocks down, then we can channel the droids into the middle canyon. I need you to close off Bantha canyon, so the droids only have one ingress vector."

Looking at his padawan, he says, "We're likely to be in a full scale battle by the time you return, so be safe. Comms are all down, and the comm is working to fix that. The jammer also took out the signal to the anti-aircraft defenses, which are all offline and likely destroyed by now."

The General then prepares to return back to command.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Uri considers his own work a double load: close off Bantha, and blow up Dune Worm. He couldn't voice his suspicions right now. Not to the General in front of his men. But he could prepare them, without having to pull them each aside. Thraka couldn't expect his misdeeds wouldn't go unnoticed, could he? And if everyone knew, that would make it harder for the saboteur to do any more damage.

"Master, before I go, I need to tell you that Silver-1 & 2's control panels were sabotaged. I found these lodged inside them," he says, showing Caitken the spikes and the wrench, "and the wrench near Silver-1's panel. The culprit could still be nearby."

It's the best he can do right now, he thinks.