Chapter 1B: Onslaught at Boontu

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear. I think I changed my mind about the canyons and might have forgotten to edit one.

You - close off west/bantha

Thraka (already gone) - close off east/Dune Worm

Center canyon open to funnel droids into confined space for better defense and fighting back
The General pauses for a moment. When Uri entered, the Jedi Master was busy instructing various Clone Lieutenants, Clone Sergeants, and facility staff. Now, the Mon Calamari's presence changes from a strategist planning their survival back to his normal Jedi self. "This could be useful." he says, "Send your squad out with the explosives. Send someone you trust to get the job done. Then take this to the techs, maybe they can reverse engineer the technology and help get our communications and sensors back online."

With another pause, the Jedi Master looks at Uri and says, "I feel there's something else. Something is troubling you that you're not telling me."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Perhaps what Caitken can sense are the emotions and abstracts battling within Uri. Conviction against doubt, duty against autonomy, faith against suspicion.

"It's... I just came from the armory to find out who took the wrench. It was Thraka. He wrote that it was to fix a squeaky bedframe. Master, I'm worried about him."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:19 pm

"So am I, Uri. I will talk with him. I've sensed his changes over the last year and I've talked with Lorraf about it several times. Send your squad to take care of the canyon. Take that spike to techs. Once you're done meet me back here at Command Center." The Jedi Master instructs the Padawan.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 pm

Of course. The clones can handle this on their own. Does that mean Caitken takes this information seriously? Uri could find out later when he returns here.

"Yes Master."

Uri exits, and continues his brisk pace to where he last saw Lucky, to give his squad their assignment and move on to deliver his findings to the tech lab.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:47 pm

Lucky and the squad heads out with the explosives without questions. They've been given their assignment and don't ask too many questions, like good soldiers.

When he arrives to the technicians, he offers up the spike as evidence he found. The crew thanks him and hands the device to a droid which begins to reverse engineering the item so they can resolve the communication difficulties.

After his tasks have been completed, Uri heads back to the Command Center. On his way up the stairs, he feels a unsettling feeling. The bond between padawan and their masters are strong and his instincts seem to tell him that something bad has happened to Master Caitken. The padawan-master force connection feels weakened and faded.

The Clone Troopers and technicians all continue to go about their tasks. Lucky's squad hasn't returned to the facility yet, and it appears some of the communication arrays are starting to light back up again.
Hope you don't mind, I sped up the more mundane tasks a bit. It took a few minutes to do all that, so you're heading back like 5-10 minutes later or so

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:15 am

Uri hurries up the stairs toward the Command Center. He rests his hand on his lightsaber. Thraka should be in the pass west of the BORD. He couldn't think of anybody else who might want to hurt the General. So, who did? And where is Master Nolb?

If communications are back up, he could radio for help. But he had to check on the General first. He pushes the door to the Command Center open when he reaches it, but doesn't step inside immediately.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:01 pm

When the door opens, the Clone Troopers turn to see Uri. "Commander, you look like you've seen a ghost." The Clone Sergeant states as he begins to walk over. "Comm is back online. We've sent a distress call and reinforcements are in route. Fighting has already started in the front lines. I'm not sure how long we can hold out." The Sergeant continues.

When asked, the Sergeant replies, "General Caitken stepped away for a few moments. I believed he headed to his quarters."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Uri blinks. His hand drifts away from his weapon. "Yeah, looks like Tech finally came through," he says. That was...quick. "We have to hold out for as long as reinforcements need to get here. But they'd better get here fast... I need to check in with the General."

The Jedi apprentice makes for Caitken's quarters.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Jedi Padawan Urizen Athacorr makes his way through the corridors of the facility towards Jedi Master Caitken's quarters. Even within the facility's walls, the sounds of explosions and blasters can be heard. He knows he should be out with the troops leading them as Jedi Master Caitken would expect, but the uneasy sense and concern has overtaken that sense of duty.

Once he arrives at the Jedi Master's quarters, he notices the door is ajar and pushes it open. He finds his Master sitting on the floor propped up with his back against the wall. The smell of burnt cloth fills Uri's nostrils as he looks and finds the mid-section of Master Caitken's robes charred and blacked. Over the charred section, the Mon Calamari's webbed hand holds his stomach as blood seeps through his claw-tipped fingers.

Sensing his Padawan is near, the Jedi Master reaches for his shoulder satchel. The satchel was always present and always worn by the Jedi Master, but Urizen can never remember him putting anything inside of it or taking anything out of it. It was a distinctive item and as much a characteristic to his Master as his lightsaber. With his other hand, he pushes the satchel off his shoulder and towards the door.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Uri never saw Caitken like this before. A muted echo from an explosion reminds him that he shouldn't be here, that many Republic lives are counting on him, but he doesn't move, as if stuck in a bad dream, until Caitken pushes something toward him, something meant for him. He walks in and crouches down beside his master.

"Master! What happened, who did that to you?" Uri can't tell what caused the wound with Caitken's hand covering it, but he knows better than to move the hand away.