Chapter 1C: The Droid Defector

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 am

"Add it to the bill." The Jedi is clearly not in the mood. Now out of immediate danger, Janos's thoughts turn to his master and the transceiver. Could there have been some sort of attack by the Separatists on Coruscant?

Shaking away the thought, Janos turns his attention to the comm and tries to hail the Zillo's Shadow.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:08 pm

The Zillo's Shadows' response isn't a welcoming sign. "We're locked in the station. There's a riot going on now. I think the workers have the upper hand now. I'll let you know once the situation clears."

As the Jedi sits in the Sheathipede-class Type B shuttle co-pilot's seat and works the communication gear, he glances over to the short range sensors and sees four blips on the sensor departing the station and heading towards them on an intercept course.

Meanwhile, Hondo says, "Okay. You have your droid. Where's my payment? Let's be done with this business transaction, so I can get back to my shuttle and clan."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:11 am

Janos pauses before replying, rather sheepishly, "Ah, I may have been the cause of that riot."

"Where's your shuttle, Hondo?"

"...and what are those four blips heading toward us?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Hondo looks at the Jedi and says, "My shuttle.. My shuttle is on the station, Je-di." Glancing over at the sensors, he says, "Those are Vulture droid signatures." The pirate then glares back at the Jedi saying, "Out of all of the getaway ships, you pick the one without any weapons?"

Increasing the throttle and banking to starboard, the weequay mutters to himself, "Doing business with Je-di is never profitable."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:02 pm

"It was right there and you said your ship was locked down!" Janos replies. "We can out run them and jump to light speed, or we can fly back and try to get your ship. Sounds like there's a riot going, so we could use that as cover."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Astrogation check
Hondo 2g
Janos 3g

Okay, rolling for Janos with a +1 boost assist from Hondo
Total: 3g 1b 2p
results: 4 success, 1 advantage

1 round until jump
Hondo replies, "There's four Vultures that way and there's none this way." The pirate punches notices coordinates are already programmed into the astrogation, so after a few adjustments. The self-preservation focused pirate says, "I'm going this way."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Just before the ship is to jump to hyperspace, Janos comms Wile again. "Wile, We've got vulture droids on our tail and no weapons. I'm sorry, but we can't get to you. I'll do what I can to come back for you, but if you manage to get out, let me know. May the Force be with you."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:23 pm

There's no reply from Wile as the ship jumps into Hyperspace leaving the Vulture droids behind. A few minutes later, the medical droid comes to the front of the ship and says. "Are we heading to General Kenobi or General Skywalker? I have a most urgent message."

"The droid is very annoying." Hondo states. "It never shuts up about Kenobi and Skywalker."

Suddenly, the ship exits hyperspace. It was a very small jump on the hyperspace route. When they exit, they see something they didn't expect... Republic and Separatists starships in an all-out battle over the planet with Separatists appearing to be coming out ahead. The sole Republic Venator-class Star Destroyer begins to tilt and make an unplanned and too fast descent towards the surface of the planet. Meanwhile, the massive Lucrehulk Separatist battleship continues it's barrage at the Venator, while the Republic's Star Destroyer is no longer returning fire.

Before Janos can say anything, Hondo speaks up once more. "We're making a stop here. I have business to conduct. At least the Separatists are winning, we can move right by without anyone noticing."

The brown planet below appears to be a ball of sand and an otherwise low population, and possibly unimportant planet. As he inspects the scanners, it shows the Republic fighters are nearly all destroyed. As the Jedi looks down, he notices his Jedi Beacon Transceiver is still flashing red.

"Is the Jedi Temple here?" The medical droid asks. "I must speak with General Kenobi or General Skywalker."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:04 am

"I'll do my best to get you to either General Kenobi or Skywalker," Janos responds to the droid, "But perhaps you should share your message with me in case we run into more trouble. I am Jedi Knight Janos Tyree."

Janos isn't sure what kind of business Hondo is conducting in the middle of a warzone, but thinks it better not to ask. "How long before we can get moving? I need to get back to the Jedi Temple." As if to emphasize the point, Janos activates his transceiver to listen to the message.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:36 pm

Stepping away from the pirate Hondo, Janos activates his Jedi Beacon transceiver. A voice-only message plays with a slow and measured voice. "This is Anakin Skywalker declaring a Nine Thirteen Emergency. All Jedi return to the Jedi Temple."

"General Skywalker." The medical droid states as he hears the message. "I must speak with him or General Kenobi."

A few moments later, Janos hears another familiar voice. Wile, aboard the Zillo's Shadow, says, "I'm free of the station. Where do we meet?"

Unable to have any privacy or even an appearance or privacy, the weequay pirate states, "Tell your friend, we're landing at the Living Pits of Boonta."

Meanwhile the Medical Droid continues to refuse to relay it's message. "I have been tasked with only speaking with General Kenobi or General Skywalker."
The end for this chapter, you can post again if you want. I'll make a end of chapter thread with XP once a few more threads end.