Chapter 1C: The Droid Defector

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:55 am

Still undecided on the most prudent course of action, Janos moves to sneak his way over to the crates with the ion grenades, his intend to pop open one of the crates and perhaps purloin a small handful of the weapons...or use them on the spot.
At the least, I'm going to try stealthing over to the crates with the EMP ion grenades. If that works, I'll decide my next step.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Stealth Skill 1y 2g
Difficulty Avg 2p
results: 3 successes 1 triumph

1 triumph to spend, discussing via chat
The Jedi moves quietly and unnoticed through the hanger. The droid phalanx and Tactical droid do not expect any adversaries on the station and do not seem to be overly cautious when transporting their captives.

The humanoids are absorbed in their chance cubes and the one assigned to refuel the shuttle has walked away, letting the fueling cease when the tank's capacity is full.

On the opposite side of the hanger, another shuttle's exterior extinguisher system explodes sending a burst of liquefied, compressed gas. The sudden release of gas sends the two maintenance droids attending to the ship flying across the hanger bay crashing into containers. As the containers tumble down, the Tactical droid becomes alerted and rushes over to see what happened. Meanwhile, the humanoids playing chance cubes laugh at the droids' problems and continue back with their game. The droid phalanx is temporarily distracted.

As Janos moves forward, he feels an unsettling, dreadful, and overwhelming feeling of loss. He doesn't know the source of the feeling. While the bond between a padawan and master is strong, he feels his connection to Jedi Master Rhan Vel Aath is weak and dissipating. A few moments later, he feels his padawan-master Force connection has been severed.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 pm

There is no emotion; there is peace.

Janos steadies himself against the assault upon his senses, knowing in his heart that his master may have suddenly become one with the Force. But the Jedi knows that he has a job to do, and any mourning would have to wait. Janos clips as many of the EMP grenades as he can onto his belt and one in each hand. Moving to a suitable location, he primes one and sends it rolling along the ground in the direction of the cluster of battle droids...

I believe that's a Ranged - Light roll. Unfortunately I only have GGG, but we'll see what happens.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#b1-battle-droid
B1 Battle Droid Minion Group (x6)
Wounds: 30
def: 0
soak: 4

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#t-series-tactical-droid
T-Series Tactical Droid
Wounds: 10
soak: 3
throws grenade
skill - light ranged = 3 g
difficulty - short range = 1 p
total: 3g 1p
results: 3 successes
damage: 8 + 3 = 11
Additional: Blast 6, Disorient 3

Okay, in formation it's like
b1 b1
. ho
b1 b1
. md
b1 b1

So assuming you rolled it under 'x' (Hondo), the grenade blast would hit all 4
So target (Hondo) would take 11 ion dmg (0 since he's not a droid)

Engaged droids (x4) would take Blast 6 + 3 = 9 dmg each so 9 x 4 = 36 but remove the soak and its 20, so that kills off the 4 surrounding hondo with only the 2 rear droids remaining

Janos rolls a ion grenade towards the droid phalanx. His contact, bound by simple binding restraints, feels a tap on his boots and looks down to see the grenade. "Oh my," he says as the ion grenade explodes.

The four B1 Battle Droids surrounding him collapse to the ground disabled by the ion blast radius. "That was impressive!" One of the rear guard B1 Battle Droid says as the droid turns to look for who threw the grenade.
init rolls
Janos = 1s 2a
Hondo = 2s 2a
B1 = nothing
Tact = 2s 1a

order is PC (Jan/Hondo), Tac/B1, PC (Jan/Hon), Tac/B1
Hondo
Inc: talk
Man: run
Act: convert to man run

"I believe this is when I make my exit." The weequay says as he darts off and dives behind a stack of metal containers a short distance away.

Field Commander: As an action, may make an Average Leadership check; 3 allies may immediately suffer 1 Strain to perform a free maneuver.
skill : 3 y
difficulty: 2 p
total: 3 y 2 p
result: 3 successes

The 2 remaining droids get a free maneuver
The 2 B1s take: guarded stance (so +1 setback to your attack vs them)

The T-Series Tactical Droid momentarily distracted by the initial hanger incident turns when it hears the grenade explosion. "Engaged defensive maneuvers!" The droid shouts to the remaining B1 Battle Droids.

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#b1-battle-droid
B1 Battle Droid Minion Group (x2)
Wounds: 10 - 2 (orders) = 8

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#t-series-tactical-droid
T-Series Tactical Droid
Wounds: 10
soak: 3

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm

"Not without talking to me!" Janos shouts to the Weequay. "Stay down." Janos pauses to aim the next ion grenade carefully, hoping to just catch the last two battle droids and perhaps leave the medical droid unharmed. He would rather not have to carry it.
Maneuver to aim the grenade for a boost die? Trying to hit just the last two.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Inc: talk
Man: AIM
Act: throw
skill - light ranged = 3 g
difficulty - short range = 1 p
total: 3g 1b 1p
result: 1 success 1 adv

Damage to target: 8 + 1 = 9 - 4 (Soak) = 5 defeated
Blast 6 = 6 + 1 = 7 -4 (Soak) = 3

So 1 down, and 1 has 2 hp
Janos tosses another grenade at the two remaining droids. The grenade lands at the feet of one droid and takes it offline with it's blast. Caught within the grenade's radius, the last droid falters but does not fall.
Droid:
Man: Aim
Act: Attack
Skill 2g
Difficulty: short range 1p +1setback (cover)
total: 2g 1p 1s
result: 1 adv
The B1 Battle Droid takes aim and fires its Heavy Blaster Rifle, but misses the concealed Jedi.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Janos wasn't really that used to utilizing grenades, but he had now decided that they were a more-than-satisfactory way of dispatching battle droids. Clipping one more from his belt, he aimed again for the remaining droid, destroying it in the final ion blast.
Aim and throw again. Trying to avoid the medical droid.

Rolled 3G 1B 1 P, resulting in 2 Success, 4 Advantage
Janos moves swiftly, ignoring, for a moment, the tactical droid and heading to where the Weequay is. In a hushed voice, he speaks, "My name is Janos Tyree. I believe you're the contact I was sent here to meet. I'm rescuing you and that droid." The Jedi quickly flashes his lightsaber. "Shall we take your ship?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:04 pm

The weequay looks very, very disappointed. "I was expecting someone else. I'm afraid my ship is on lockdown, so unless you can cut off the locks with that laser-sword, this is a poorly planned rescue."

Nearby, the T-Series Tactical Droid sends a request to the station's garrison to send more battle droids to the hanger bay. Shouting from its position, "Hold there. You are hearby under arrest by the Confederacy of Independent Systems Order X5.439.34B."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:15 pm

"The frequency is associated with Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, if that's who you were expecting, but he's busy. So you got me," Janos explains quickly, starting to feel irritated. "Fine, we'll take this ship. Hurry up and get that medical droid on board. I'll cover you."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:23 pm

The weequay frowns, "And how do you suppose I can do that with this?" He says as he raises his hands to show the binders. "And my cargo? You'll need to pay for using my grenades."

As the weequay complains, Janos' Jedi beacon transceiver light flashes red. To hear or see the message, Janos needs to activate the transceiver and receive the broadcast. It has highly irregular for the transceiver to be used by the Jedi Temple and it was only to be used in dire circumstances.
The Jedi beacon transceiver was an encoded subspace receiver beacon carried by members of the Jedi Order, allowing them to receive signals and broadcasts from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Beacon transceivers were small, portable devices with a display screen and communications transceiver.