Chapter 1D: Last Days of the Republic

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Granite is irked that his emergency call to the Jedi Temple has been superseded by the military emergency code. Something big is going on if just about everybody and their mother is throwing urgent coded messages around. Once he is back on embassy grounds, he heads straight for his fellow Jedi. "Master Divak Tan, Jedi Granite reporting in. What do you need done?" He is hoping he will also get an explanation, but has enough propriety not to start off by demanding answers from someone on the Jedi Council.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:28 pm

The Togruta seems greatly pleased to see another Jedi. "I'm not sure. I encountered Master Yoda and he told me to avoid the Jedi Temple. He said Senator Organa was a friend of the Jedi and I should wait here."

As the two Jedi talk, Lieutenant Colton rushes over to them, "Sirs, Captain Antilles relayed a message from Prince Organa." The lieutenant takes a moment to catch his breath. "You need to leave now. The Captain said the Clones shot the young one in front of the Prince. They called any and all Jedi traitors to the Republic. And they mentioned orders to exterminate."

Waving his hand out, Colton motions to the pirate vessel. "He suggested a rendezvous at a classified site off-world. We're prepping the Tanative for His Highness' return. However, that might be too late for you. If either of you can fly the ship, I can provide the coordinates. Otherwise, he suggested I pilot the ship. The Captain also suggested rounding up any Jedi off-world before they get caught up in whatever is happening."

Jedi Master Tan shakes his head, "This is most unsettling news. I felt a great disturbance in the Force and was on my way to the Temple. If the Clones are killing Jedi, then..." His voice goes trails off into silence.

As the Jedi Master's voice dampens, an Alderaan security guard rushes forward to join the group. "Sir, this was all I could find." The guard offers a stack of thin hooded robes with various Alderaan patterns matching the House of Organa's symbols and colors.
Bail Organa is a Prince and also called Viceroy by Alderaan. Non-Alderaans just called him Senator, but Alderaans would use local titles, etc.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:56 am

Granite folds in half, his normally steady stature deflating at the news. "But ... but that's not possible ..." The Jedi traitors to the Republic? Coming from any other source he would dismiss it as Separatist propaganda of some weird sort. But the Clones shooting them on sight? There were hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of Clones fighting the wars of the Republic. He doesn't know how many Jedi there are in the whole galaxy, even those loners separate from the Jedi Order. Thousands? Maybe? If the armies of the Republic have turned against the Jedi ... the consequences are too terrible to contemplate.

Holding on to the one rope of sanity he has left in this world of madness, he takes the robe and puts it on over his armor. Not ideal, but better than nothing for the moment. "My thanks, Lieutenant. I am not a pilot, so your aid would be most appreciated. It ... it is good to know one's true friends in times such as these." If found aiding and abetting enemies of the state, Senator Organa could be executed. For him to stick his neck out for them means a great deal.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:46 pm

After a pause, Jedi Master Tan speaks up. "I am humbled by your support. I have flown smaller ships in my younger years. If my friend can assist, I believe we can make it to the rendezvous without putting any more Alderaans in harms way."

"As you wish," Lieutenant Colter says as he walks away and allows the Jedi to walk themselves to the seized pirate vessel.

Turning to Jedi Granite as they walk, the Jedi Master states, "My former padawan is stranded in the Outer Rim. I would like to collect her before heading to meet up with the Senator and whoever else he might be able to save." The last few words weight heavily on the Togruta Jedi Master. Contemplating all of his masters, friends, and students caught up in the war or even nearby a Grand Army of the Republic outpost, he tries to will the Force to save or comfort them.
The end for this chapter, you can post again if you want. I'll make a end of chapter thread with XP once a few more threads end. Your ship does exit the planet and enter hyperspace without any problems.