Chapter 1D: Last Days of the Republic

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:59 am

Yes. You're correct. For some reason, I think I thought you had 2 Force Rating. So you'd commit 1 and still have 1. If you have 2 FR, then you could commit and roll a force power check.

The Jedi pulls out his tools and begins repair of the door locks. Within a few seconds, the magna lock is released. Calling on the padawan to push, the two Jedi manually slide the door far enough for the young padawan to slip through.

Mech Skill: 2 yellow 1 green
Commit force die: upgrade mechanics, so now 3 yellow

Difficulty: 3 purple

result: 1 success

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:00 am

The Knight backs up to give ample space for the Padawan to slip through. "Good, you're safe. We had the Senator lock himself in the Bridge. He won't open it, but I need you to stand guard there. Make sure no one can even try to get to him." He points out the direction to run, in case the junior Jedi has gotten disoriented. "Myself and Batu are going to stop the boarders. In case any slip by, you're the last line of defense." That's all he has to say, so he leaves Zett to go to his assigned position while he himself heads into the soon-to-be firefight.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:48 pm

"Yes." The young padawan says as he runs off towards the bridge.

When Granite arrives at the docking tunnel, he sees the Alderaan guards have created a makeshift barricade of storage boxes. "Sir," one of the guards says when he sees Granit arriving. "Jedi Batu split the group. She's covering the starboard tunnel and we're covering this one. It appears they have a second incoming ship heading there. They've just docked and are beginning to cut through the door."
Alderaan Consular Guard Minion Group of 3
So skill: 2
Agility: 2
Blaster Pistols: 2 y, dmg 6, crit 3, stun
Wounds: 15
Defense: 0/0
Soak: 3 (Consular security uniform +1)
http://swa.stoogoff.com/#alderaan-consular-guard

Pirate Crew Minion Group of 3
Agility: 3
Heavy Blaster Pistol: 2 y 1g, dmg 6, crit 3, stun
Soak: 4 (padded armor +2)
http://swa.stoogoff.com/#pirate-crew

Pirate Captain (Nemesis)
Heavy blaster rifle: 3y 1 g, dmg 10, crit 3, auto-fire
Defense: 1/1
Soak: 5 (Armoured clothing)
Wounds: 20
http://swa.stoogoff.com/#pirate-captain
Cool since its not a surprise
Alderaan Consular Guards: 2g = 3 adv
Jedi Knight Granite: 2g = 2 adv
Pirate Crew: 2y = 1 success, 1 adv
Pirate Captain: 3y = 1 success, 1 adv, 1 triumph

So Pirates (2 successes, 1 success, 3 adv, 2 adv) go first, then heroes

Pirate Captain
Man: Orders, giving boost
Action: pew pew
Skill: 3y 1 g (blaster)
Range: 1 p (short)
vs Guards: 0 setbacks (0 defense)
3y 1g 1p
result: 3 successes, 4 advantages
damage: 10 + 3 = 13 - 3 soak = 10 damage = 2 guards dead :(

Pirate Crew atk
Boost: 1b from Captain's orders
Skill: 2y 1g (blaster)
vs Guards: 0 setbacks (0 defense)
2y 1g 1b 1p
result: 4 successes, 2 advantages
dmg: 7 + 4 = 11 - 3 soak = 8 damage = last guard dead :(

Hmmm. That was quick and deadly. I'm still trying to balance combat for 1 PC. I went too easy in GuyWithSword's combat and possibly too hard here. But I think the Force is strong with Granite, so we'll see how this works out.
As the pirates kick the door in, they come through and immediately begin blasting everywhere. The light weight armor of the guards don't stand up to the Captain's heavy blaster rifle or the Pirate Crew's heavy blaster pistols. The flurry of blaster bolts quickly go through the Alderaan Guards leaving only Jedi Knight Granite standing.
Pirate Crew Minion Group of 3
Heavy Blaster Pistol: 2 y 1g, dmg 6, crit 3, stun

Pirate Captain (Nemesis)
Soak: 5 (Armored clothing)
Wounds: 20

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:18 pm

Granite is surprised by the Consular Guard going down so quickly, but war is a chaotic thing. Planning and preparation can heavily tilt the odds in your favor, but when it comes down to it there are no guarantees. A blaster bolt with your name on it is a rare thing. But one with 'to whom it may concern' are plentiful, as seen with the casualties strew about him.

Without pausing more than a moment, the Jedi lights up his lightsaber pike and charges quickly at the pirates. They clearly have lethal intent, and he has no interest in attempting to parlay with them. Instead he rushes what appears to be their leader, attempting to strike him down before they have a chance to reconsider this new threat.
Maneuver: Move towards Enemy (from Short to Engaged).
2nd Maneuver (spend 2 Strain): Aim at the Pirate Captain.
Action: Attack the Pirate Captain with the Lightsaber Pike.
- 2 Yellow, 2 Green, 1 Blue (from the Aim), 2 Purple (Melee fighting), 1 Black (Captain Melee Defense).
- If I get enough Advantages, my preference is to use them to Sunder his Heavy Blaster Rifle over going for a direct Crit.

That Captain is scary! Well, at least engaging in Melee will force them to use Maneuvers to disengage every round, rather than firing in melee (unfun penalties there).

Also, the Lightsaber Pike has the Defensive 1 quality, so my understanding is that it adds to my Melee Defense. So if they Melee me back I've got Melee Defense 2 (1 from Armor, 1 from Lightsaber Pike). That right?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Correct. Defensive 1 adds 1 to your melee defense

Granite:
Man: Move to engaged
Man: -2 strain, aim
Action: attack

LS Skill: 2 y 2 g
Aim: 1 boost
Difficulty: Melee 2 purple
Defense: 1 setback
total: 2y 2g 1b 2p 1s
results: 3 success, 3 adv, 1 triumph

damage: 6 + 3 = 9
soak: 5
Breach 1: ignore 1 point of armor and 10 points of soak
so 9 total wounds

Uses 3 adv to sunder:
Undamaged->Minor (1) ->Moderate (2) ->Major (3)
Major item damage = Unusable

Use 1 triumph = stun
Jedi Knight Granite's attack startles the Pirate Captain. Perhaps, the pirates hadn't planned on encountering the Jedi aboard the senator's transport. Granite's Lightsaber Pike strike targets the captain's heavy blaster rifle. His strike cuts through the Pirate Captain's defenses leaving him with moderate wounds. The strike also resulted in damaging the Pirate Captain's rifle and making it useless (hard difficulty 3 purple) to repair) in combat.
Pirate Crew atk
Skill: 2y 1g (blaster)
vs Jedi Grante: 1 setbacks (1 range defense)
2y 1g 1p 1s
result: 3 successes, 1 adv

dmg: 7 + 3 = 10
soak 7
final damage: 10-7 = 3
Advantage: Their attack strikes terminal, showering you in sparks, Disorient 2

Pirate Captain
Stunned, no actions
Man: disengage, move from engaged to short range
Inc: drop weapon
The Pirate Crew turns their attention towards the Lightsaber Pike wielding Jedi who stunned their captain. Focusing their fire, their bolts bounce off his armor but causes some bruising. One bolt ricochets striking a terminal nearby showering Jedi Granite in sparks causing him to become disoriented for a moment.

Meanwhile, the stunned Pirate Captain falls back a few paces to recover from the Jedi's assault. Seeing his rifle is useless, he tosses it back into the boarding tunnel of his ship.
Granite Strain 11/13
Grainte Wounds 13/16
Pirate Captain Wounds 20-9=11, rifle is useless

Conditions: Granite Disoriented 2 (1 setback, 2 rounds)

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:40 pm

Hoping that the Pirate will take more time to recover from the sudden blow, Granite pivots and charges into the midst of his underlings. He stabs and slashes with his pike, trying to remove what support the enemy Captain can muster.
Maneuver: Move to Engaged with the Crew.
2nd Manuever (2 Strain): Aim.
Action: Attack the Crew (2 Yellow, 2 Green, 1 Blue, 2 Purple - engaged, 1 Black - Disoriented)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Granite:
Man: Move to engaged
Man: -2 strain, aim

Defense: 0
Other: 1 setback from disoriented 2
total: 2y 2g 1b 2p 1s
results: 5 successes 1 advantage

damage: 6+5=11
soak: 0
so 11 total wounds, 2 pirates down, 1 with 4 points remaining

1 advantage to spend
let's do +1 boost next turn so we can keep moving for now

The Jedi takes the opportunity to strike out at the pirate crew giving the captain time to recover. His lightsaber slices through the crew, taking two of them down and leaving one badly injured.

Pirate
Man: draw weapon Vibro-ax
Act: Man: Guarded Stance

Pirate Crew 1
Man: Aim
Act: Fire
Skill 3 green ability
Difficulty: 1 p short range, +1 p engaged ranged
Defense: 1 black setback
Total: 3 g 2 p 1 b
results: 3 success 2 threats
2 threats = has setback next round

dmg: 7 + 3 = 10
Soak: 7
Granite takes 3 wounds

The Pirate Captain draws a Vibro-Axe from his belt and takes a defensive stance.

At such close range, the lone remaining Pirate Crew member fires his blaster at the Jedi. His blast solidly hits Granite causing more wounds and bruises, but not serious damage.

Granite Strain 9/13
Granite Wounds 10/16

Pirate Crew Wounds 15-12=3 (1 pirate remaining), 1 setback next round

Conditions: Granite Disoriented 1 (1 setback)

With the captain standing with his vibro-axe and one crew member remaining, the Jedi
Pirate Crew Minion Group of 1
Heavy Blaster Pistol: 3g, dmg 6, crit 3, stun
Current Wounds: 4 (remaining)

Pirate Captain (Nemesis)
Soak: 5 (Armored clothing)
Current Wounds: 11 remaining

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 am

Seeing the Pirate take a defensive stance, Granite dismisses him for the moment. His minions are more skilled than he assumed from a band of raiders. Perhaps professionals of some sort from a powerful outfit, or even Separatists disguised as raiders. Although he doesn't know what that would gain them. The Republic and them are already at war, so anonymously striking is kind of silly. Unless they don't want the death of a popular Senator pointing back at them. Yes, that might be it. Assassinating such an upright man would only inflame the citizens of the Republic against them, making it even harder to come to a peaceful negotiation of sovereignty. Now this all might be rampant speculation, but Jedi are trained not just to be simple soldiers, but also spies, diplomats, investigators, whatever is needed. His mind is always working in the background, even in a firefight.

His target remains the same, however. The Pirate is truly fearsome. He can't seriously face off against him with someone else at his back. Granite knows he's good, but he isn't invincible. Many Jedi have died in this war. Some from back luck or heroic last stands, but others from overconfidence. He is determined not to be one of them. He stabs with his pike at the last of the Crew, trying to turn this into a one-on-one. He also stims himself, hoping to stay in the fight as long as needed.
My understanding is that it is an Action to Stim another person, but only a Maneuver to stim myself.

Maneuver: Aim at Crew
Action: Attack Crew: 2 Yellow, 2 Green, 2 Blue (Aim + Advantage from last turn), 2 Purple (Engaged), 1 Black (last round of Disoriented)

If my assumption about the Maneuver to Stim myself is true, then spend 2 Strain for another Maneuver to Stim myself (Heal 5 Wounds)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:05 pm

Granite:
Man: Aim
Man: -2 strain, stim self

Defense: 0
Other: 1 setback from disoriented, 1 boost from last round
total: 2y 2g 2b 2p 1s
results: 2 success - 4 advantage

damage: 6+2=8
soak: 0
so 8 total wounds, last pirate down

There's a bunch of advantages here, so I'll pause until you let me know how to spend them. You can post in chat and I'll post it here.

Ideas - recover strain, bonus to melee def. You can use all 4 adv and recover 4 strain?

The Jedi Knight quickly dispatches the final remaining pirate crew member with his Lightsaber Pike. He quickly reaches into his pocket and jabs himself with a stim allowing him to push away some of the pain caused by the blasters.

Granite Strain 7/13
Granite Wounds 10/16 -- heal 5 wounds so 15/16

The Pirate Captain with vibro-axe in hand ...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 pm

Adv = 2 add setback to captain, 2 recover strain
Pirate Captain vs Granite
Man: Guarded Stance (+1 defense)
Action: Attack

Skill: 4 yellow melee
Difficulty: 2 purple + setback
Defense: 2 melee, so 2 more setbacks
Total: 4y 2p 3s
Result: 2 successes
Damage: 7 + 2 = 9
Soak: 7
Actual Damage: 2
The Pirate Captain swings his Vibro-Axe like he's used it a few times. He maintains a defensive stance and strikes when he sees an opening. His axe hits Granite's armor, but the armor seems to have deflected most of the damage.
Granite Strain 9/13
Granite Wounds 13/16

He's in guarded stance, so +1 setback to his defense and he has melee def of 1
So by my math, it's " 2 purple 2 setback" so you can roll your attack, if you want