Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:49 pm

"I don't know if I can...wait..." Ashara is cut off from what she was saying as she stumbles, almost taking a fall. She struggles to regain her footing as she feels a disturbance in a force. It is a rather large one, and the feeling of loss is palpable. "I...did you...there is something VERY wrong. Something happened. Yes, go. I'll take care of the book. May the force be with you."

After Vos has left, the troubled Togruta finds a quiet spot to mediate and. After she calms down, she opens the books, and begins to read its content.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 pm

Opening the book, Ashara finds its author to be Mother Talzin. With her curiosity piqued, she quickly flips through the journal finding sections titled "The Winged Goddess" and "The Fanged God" (the deities worshipped by the Nightsisters) along with "Training a Warrior" and "Talismans and Totems".

This unlocks the Universal Nightsister Talent tree for you -- while you're in possession of the book -- so at the end of this chapter, you could buy that specialization and talents from it.

Feeling interested in the contents of the book, but knowing she needs to move forward, Ashara puts the book away for now and continues onwards.
Perception check
2g 2y 1p
results: 1 failure 4 advantages

Absorbed by her thoughts about the book, Ashara fails to hear a young's screams until she encounters why she is screaming. "Help! Help!" she cries.

Looking just a few meters away, is an adult belonuk. The young Dathomirian girl has climbed a tree to avoid it's claws.

Short range
Diligence rolls = 1y 2g
result: 2 success, 1 advantage

Belonuk rolls 1y 1g
result: 3 successes.

Belonuk goes first
Man: move short range to engage
Act: Charge
opposed Brawl check vs. Athletics or Coordination
3 y 1 g vs 4 g (purple)
result: 1 threat - spent to allow Ahsara to move out of engaged (lose last man)

Noticing the new comer, the Belonuk charges forward towards Ashara. However, the former Jedi is quick and dodges the creatures attack positioning her self a few feet away from its sharp claws. With the young defenseless girl in a tree and an angry belonuk, Ashara ....

Belonuk Adult
http://swa.stoogoff.com/#belonuk-adult

If you want to roll your attack in chat and post it here, that's fine
Belonuk Adult 16
Ashara 10/11

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:24 pm

Ashara barely dodges out of the way (thank goodness too. Her midriff section is already missing thanks to the last Belonuk fight). This one is bigger...MUCH bigger. Even with her armor-piercing bow, this is going to be a nearly unwinnable fight. That is...if the fight is fair. "Hold on, little girl! I'm going to scare it off!"

She reaches down into her well of sadness of hatred. The massacre is still fresh in her mind, and Ashara will NOT let this last Dathomirian girl die. "Alright, BIG UGLY...try and catch me..."

She fades from view...at least from the belonuk's point of view. Now invisible to the beast, she pushes power into this illusion to make sure the beast STAYS unaware of her.

Lastly, she studies her quarry to look for a weak spot for when she attacks next.
10/11 health. 7/13 strain
Use MISDIRECT force power to turn self invisible against the beast. Rolled 2 dark pips, so spent a DP to get angry and succeed on the check anyways. Commit 2 force dice to maintain the ability.

Use 2 strain to use activate Hunter's Quarry as a maneuver. Until the end of her next round, all attacks against her Quarry upgrades once. succeeded on the check. 4s, 2t. Received 2 strain as well from the threats.
Last edited by GuyWithSword on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:38 pm

The creature quickly turns around and its head searches for its illusive target. Unable to see or smell the woman, the creature becomes confused.

Up in the tree, the young girl stops crying and watches the contest between the woman and the beast. While the creature is unable to see Ashara, the young girl can still perceive her, so she becomes confused why the creature didn't attack again.
No action that results in anything actual
Belonuk Adult 16

Ashara Wounds 10/11
Ashara Strain 7/11

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Giving a wink to the little girl, Ashara casually takes aim at the beast, and unleashes an energy arrow at the Belonuk! It strikes true, and leaves quite a mark!
Health 10/11 Strain 12/13
Succeeds in dealing 3 damage after soak. Crit roll of 36. Stinger: Increase difficulty of next check by 1.
2 adv used to crit. 3 adv used to heal 3 strain.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:47 pm

As the creature is being attacked by a mysterious invisible force, its head moves back and forth. Not willing to risk fighting something it cannot perceive, the creature turns and runs away.

When the creature is far enough away, the young girl begins to climb down the tree.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:52 pm

The Togruta woman walks over to the young girl. "Hi there, little one. Are you hurt? I'm so glad I got to you in the nick of time!"

She looks the girl over for obvious injuries. "Hi, my name is Ashara. What's yours?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:57 pm

The young girl is pre-teenager age and wearing the red and gray outfit of the Nightsisters. After brushing the dirt off, she replies "I'm Merrin. You have an energy bow, but you aren't a Nightsister?" She asks as she takes a set back away from Ashara. She doesn't look overly scared or concerned, but she's cautious about meeting Ashara.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm

"I'm a friend. I know...I...knew...Mother Talzin. She was teaching me a ritual before some evil people came to the village and killed alot of people. Maybe even all of the villagers except you. When I got there it was too late, but I found a spare energy bow so I picked it up. Merrin, what are you doing here alone? Do you have anyone to go to? Any family left to help you?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 pm

She looks around and then says, "My mother told me to run into the woods when the ships came and not come back until she came. But... But she never came. I went back to the village that night and I saw everybody was dead. You're the first person, I've seen in weeks."

She pulls out a Nightsisters Blade and then says, "I've been able to catch a few moogs and cook them, like the Clan Mother taught us. That Belonuk's hide was too tough for my blade. Otherwise, I could have taken it down myself."