Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 am

"I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm also glad you learned well from your clan mother. Still, this is too dangerous a place to be alone. You have nothing to protect you from the bigger predators. Would you like to stay with me for a while as you decide what to do next?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:59 pm

The young girl decides it would be better to be with someone than to continue alone. As she continues holding her blade, she replies "Okay."

Heading over to Ashara, she begins to walk alongside the woman. A few moments later, she asks "Where are you going?" and then promptly states "I'm hungry."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:22 pm

“I’m trying to find a ship to get off this world, but someone might be coming to pick me up. In the meantime, I’ll probably look around the nightbrother villages just in case they know of another way off world.”

Ashara gives Merrin some of her Belonuk meat that she killed yesterday. “We can hunt for food during the day. And if you want, we can read this book at night. This is a book that belongs to the nightsisters, and right now, that’s you. When I leave, I’ll leave the book with you.”

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:37 pm

Merrin nods her head and then makes a grimace. "Well, if you're heading to the Nightbrothers' village, you're going the wrong way. They are down river not up the river."

The pair turns and heads off in the direction indicated by Merrin. Once it begins to darken, they try to find a place to set up a campsite for the night. Luckily, they find a large rock overhang, that can provide shelter in case of rain.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:55 pm

She uses part of the portable camping equipment, and is able to provide walls to shelter from any wind, letting the rock provide a roof. She also uses her lightsaber to start a small campfire after gathering some wood.

“This book is very informative. Lots of information about how your people survived. It even mentions the technique that I used to become unseen to the belonuk. See, I influenced its mind, making it unable to see, her, or even smell me.”

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Merrin asks, "Read some more..."

Opening the journal, Ashara reads Merrin stories written by Mother Talzin. The first few are about the history of Dathomir including information about the Infinity Gates and the Kwa, ancient and abandoned Sith academies, and most importantly the story of Allya, the mother of all witches.
Wild Power by Mother Talzin wrote:"Many years after the Sith abandoned their Dathomir academies, the Jedi exiled one of their own to this world. You know her as Allya, mother of all witches. Allya held the favor of the spirits, and her daughters became the first crafters of spirit-willed magics.

Centuries later, the Jedi returned. Their great training ship, the Chu'unthor, was called to our shores, and the Jedi who came to reclaim it could not match our strength. Even the Master Yoda, the strongest of all Jedi, abandoned the prize and fled."
Mother Talzin then goes on to describe how she united the witch clans after the defeat of Mother Zalem. By this point, Merrin has closed her eyes. The young girl seems to be exhausted from the last few weeks of living alone in the forest.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:11 pm

She puts Merrin in a comfortable position, and let’s the girl sleep. Curious about the subject, Ashara reads on. “Maybe there’s technology there I can use.”

She tries to find the location form the book. Or clues of it at the very least.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:19 pm

Ashara continues reading through the chapters of their religion discussing the Winged Goddess and the Fanged God. She is unable to find any specifics about the location of the crashed ship. It may be likely that even Mother Talzin didn't know where the event occurred. When she begins reading the "Talismans and Totems" chapter, she becomes particularly interested.
Wild Power by Mother Talzin wrote: "Talisman of Finding are shaped to resemble a compass and will guide the user to any target that has been imprinted upon it. Talismans of Resurrection can bring the spirts of the dead back to their physical bodies. It is vital to remember, however, that if much time has passed, their forms may be little more than fetid skeletons. Finally, Talismans of Counterspell offer protection from the magicks of others by deflecting curses back onto their casters.

Totems of the Elementals can summon Night, Sunlight, Smoke, Ice, Flame, Clay, and Woodrot. These are powerful, primal entities, so they may not always obey your bidding. Totems of Familiars are more welcoming. They will call an animal to your side and hold the animal there as long as you posses the totem. The summoned beast is blessed with magick. The energies of these familiar help crafters accomplishes some of the most difficulty magicks."

When first light shines upon Ashara's face, she awakens to find the journal still open and in her hands. Looking to her side, she notices Merrin is gone.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Standing up, she quickly looks around, trying to see any traces of the girl. Did anyone perhaps take her in the night? Or did Merrin just go off to explore?

Also on the back of her mind is that Talisman of Resurrection. It looks like she will also need her lover’s body in order for it to work. Or would a cloned body made from a sample suffice? She needs to research more...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:56 pm

There's no sign of the girl at the camp site. And there's no sign of a struggle or any nefarious activities.

As Ashara stands up and looks around, she notices Merrin sitting atop the rock overhang with her feet dangling. She is eating a purple fruit and carelessly tosses the core of the fruit to the side when she's finished. When she notices Ashara, she waves and climbs back atop the rock and walks down the backside and around the rock to meet her back at the camp site.