Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:00 pm

“Hey Merrin, how did you sleep? Hope it was more comfortable than the time you spent alone in the jungle? Today we should be able to make good progress. If you see some young belonuks, I am even hunt some for food. They’ll never see me coming...”

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:09 pm

The two pick up the camp and continue heading towards the Nightbrothers' village.

The Nightbrothers were a small colony of Dathomirian Zabrak males who lived in a village on the far side of the planet Dathomir under the rule of the Nightsisters. Up until now, they lived in subservience to the Nightsisters' matriarch Mother Talzin. Now without the Nightsisters' dominating them, Ashara did not know what to expect.

Upon their arrival, it appeared the Nightbrothers' village had been spared by the Separatists droid army. However, they saw very few Nightbrothers walking from their vantage point outside the village.

Merrin says, "The droids didn't attack them."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 pm

“Maybe they just weren’t worth attacking. Or maybe something else is happening. Merrin, stay here out of sight. I’m going to scout out the village to get a bette look before we just walk in.”

Ashara uses her natural stealth and her Misdirection powers if necessary to get closer and see what is happening.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Merrin frowns and crosses her arms, but she complies for now.

Ashara gets close enough to the village to determine that nothing unusual is happening. It appeared to be lightly guarded and manned and she saw was nothing unusual that might lead her to believe otherwise.

The village has guards stationed at their gates, as she would expect. She also could see other males moving about the village.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Thinking that it’s safe enough, she goes back Merrin. “It looks normal enough. Let’s approach directly.”

She takes Merrin with her in the most non threatening way she can. So it looks like two people traveling wit no coercion whatsoever. They approach the gate.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:43 pm

The pair finds a commonly used path heading towards the village's gate. When they get within several meters of the gate, the Dathomirian Zabrak male guards holds up their electrostaves signaling them to halt. "You are not permitted here. Go away or we will kill you."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:52 pm

“You would turn away a little child whose family was murdered recently? In these dark times you are going to insist on divisions? I have always walked peacefully into nightbrother villages before. Why turn away night sister child, and a friend of the night sisters now?”

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm

The two posted guards discuss the matter between themselves. One of the Dathomirian Zabraks states, "The Nightsister youngling may enter. You will stay. Outsiders must get approval from Brother Viscus before entering the village."

The young girl looks up at Merrin and says, "I'll be okay."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:17 pm

Ashara gives the book to Merrin. "Keep this book safe. Go on in, and stay safe."

Looking back to the guard, the Togruta says, "I'll wait here for Brother Viscus to question me then."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:37 pm

Merrin heads towards the guards and they tell her something which Ashara cannot discern from her distance. The young Dathomirian girl disappears behind the wooden post walls of the village.

Several minutes later, a Nightbrother appears surrounded by two other Nightbrothers. The larger of the three, five if you count the guards, is dark skinned with yellow tattoos covering his face. He appears to be Brother Viscus. He holds a staff in one hand while the others hold electrostaves. Motioning to the two who accompanied him, they begin to walk towards Ashara.

"You shall tell us what you know of the attack. Then we shall determine what to do with you." He says.