Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:55 pm

"This...is...NOT...right..." snarls Ashara as she walks towards the other her.

"Anakin Skywalker killed Tannon. NOT me." Ashara's saber is raised, ready to strike!

Then, she steadies her breathing, and lowers her saber. "You are not real. Begone!"

By this time, the ghostly image of herself has dissipated, and she moves on.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 am

Ashara pushes aside the ghostly apparition of herself and continues onwards. Ahead she can see light, as she walks towards the light she realizes it's just a single ray of light penetrating through the cave's ceiling. Once she steps into the light, greenish-yellow glowing figures begin to appear.

One by one the figures take shape. The first figure is a female Togruta wearing simple Jedi robes, "You abandoned your clan. Your brothers and sisters needed you. You ran away. Countless died. Many might have been saved, if you had stayed." As she hears the voice, she recognizes it as Jedi Master Shaak Ti. The sole Togruta on the Jedi High Council emphasizing that Togruta are not meant to be alone. The Togruta were tribal, blood and bond, and the Jedi gave her brethren from all species. Now she stands alone. Alone on a lonely and dangerous planet surrounded by beings who do not care for her well-being.

The next form to coalescence is much smaller in stature. "Fear, anger, hate, obsession. Consumed by fear and hate, you are, though see it you do not." Grand Master Yoda speaks as he leans on his cane. The Jedi Master speaks to her obsession seeking a way to resurrect Tannon, her fear of living a life without him, and her hatred towards the one who she believes killed her late lover.

Finally, the last figure is another robed Togruta. This time a male who tried to be a father to her and continues to care very much for his young padawan, Jedi Master Divak Tan. "You have failed. You are not a Jedi. You do not deserve to live when so many have died." The Jedi Master had treated her like a daughter, but she left without even saying good-bye. Would he greet her or chastise her, she wondered.
Fear\Anger check
Discipline vs 1r 2p

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:27 am

Ashara looks up into the light, and blinks. When she opens her eyes again, she sees Shaak Ti. What Shaak Ti has a bit of sense. Togrutas value clan and community. "Shaak Ti, the Jedi weren't my family anymore. Many good people there, but being a soldier wasn't what I wanted to do..."

Then the ghostly representation of Master Yoda appears. "Bravery to explore the unknown. Love. Passion. Tenacity That's what I have! I fear no strange usage of the force. I have faith in my conviction and morals." Ashara sweats a bit. Clearly something here got to her a little bit.

The last figure is her former master, Master Divak Tan. "I am no Jedi, but that does not mean failure! It is the Jedi who have failed in my opinion. You cannot blame me for the deaths of a WAR." Ashara is definitely temporarily shaken by this. She recovers, but she feels a bit more stressed out.
took 2 strain from dice roll. Health 11/11, Strain 11/13

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:39 pm

A few meters after passing through the three figures, she exits the cave to find Merrin waiting for her. "What took you so long?" She asks.
The end for this chapter, you can post again if you want. I'll make a end of chapter thread with XP once a few more threads end.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Wiping the sweat from her brow, she takes Merrin's hands to walk with her into the village proper. Ashara merely answers, "Merely...ghosts of the past."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:07 pm

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Chapter 2

The Nightbrothers' did well to hide their village from outsiders. Their walls have been quickly rebuilt with the debris from the destroyed buildings located within. While it appears they fared better than the Nightsisters', it's obvious they felt the might of General Grievous' droid army as well. In one building, Ashara sees droids are being disassembled and melted for weapons and tools.

Walking to join Merrin, Ashara hears the sound of a ship approaching. Looking up, she sees a small transport fly over the Nightbrothers' village. Soon the ship goes out of her view, possibly landing a kilometer or so away from the village.

Feeling a tub on her hand, she realizes that Merrin is now holding her hand. The youngling asks, "Does that mean you're leaving now?"

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Ashara smiles and squeezes Merrin's hand back. "I might, but not until I know those are friends coming to get me. Until then, I'll stay with you here and keep you company. The people that I hope will come and get me are part of what's called the Jedi Order. Most of them are good people, even if I find some of their practices a bit silly. Before I go, I'd love to hear about your childhood. And I can tell you about my time with the Jedi as well. They are people that can use the force like the Nightsisters can, but they use the force in different ways."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Merrin's face turns to the side and then says, "What's the force? Is that like magick? Everyone knows that before you can use magick, you need to breathe the green mist and wear the talisman during the ritual. After that you can do magick. Did you do that, too?"

The Nightsisters' used a supernatural technique that allowed a practitioner to wield great powers connected to the dark side of the Force. This technique is called magick, and sometimes called Shadow Magic.

The two find an area to take a seat. In the village, Ashara watches the Nightbrothers' as they work on rebuilding their village. The are several men left standing after the battle, but the size of the village indicates many more died in the battle.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 pm

"Well, my brand of magick is a bit...different. The Jedi believes in a force that connects all living beings. But, everyone has different ways of using this force. The nightsisters have the green mist and the talisman. The Jedi and I do not need that, but that doesn't mean the Jedi and the Nightsisters couldn't trade magical knowledge. For example, I learned from Mother Talzin how to make someone not see me. that's how I was able to defeat the Belonuk and save you. It couldn't detect me at all. I'm sure if I had the knowledge, I could teach a sister...like you...how to move things with my mind like many Jedi can."

Ashara watches the men at work rebuilding the village. "What do you think you'll do? Will you make a life here? The galaxy is large. There are lots of places to see."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Merrin nods along with Ashara's story. "We will do the best we can. This is my home. Out there," she points to the stars," is not for Nightsisters. I will stay, and with the help of the brothers, search for others."

As the child speaks, Ashara hears the voice of her former-Master, Divak Tan, in her thoughts."Padawan Ashara, tazi unt, I have come to take you home. We are outside the village." The Togruta phrase "tazi unt" was an endearing term translating to "little one" in basic. It was a phrase that she often heard daily, but has not heard since her last encounter with Divak Tan.