Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 1E: Echoes of the Past

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:21 pm

Ashara listens for more potential enemies. Then, she hops down and grabs her explorer's knife, and begins the process of skinning the animals for their hide, and cutting up the edible parts of the animal for meat. Plasma-scorched well-done meat. Mmm...delicious. Waste not, want not. She'll need plenty of energy to heal from the scratch to her stomach.

Once that's done, she once again begins her search for the elusive special crystal.
2/11 wounds, 0/13 strain.
Critical injuries: None

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:51 am

Ashara cleans the creature and then disposes of the remains so that other creatures wouldn't stumble upon her camp site.

That night, she has another dark vision: You see nothing thorough a gray mist on a cold morning. You are on an unfamiliar planet. You feel a presence. You have an overwhelming sense someone is looking for you. They don't stop. They never stop coming.

Her visions, or nightmares, began soon after arriving on Dathomir. The sense of dread and fear felt during the visions made her consider it was some sort of dark magic or a power of the Dark Side of the force penetrating her dreams. While not common, she experienced these seemingly unconnected visions every few weeks.

Waking up, she feels the omnipresent dread and darkness which envelopes the planet. Wiping the sweat from her brow, she exits her tent at first light break to see ground bathed in the ever-present red mist. Gazing upwards through the forest, she sees the two moons visible in the morning's red sky.

Dathomir is a sparsely populated world. Ashara has heard of the nearby Nightbrothers village who live in subservience to the Nightsisters'. While she has never visited the village before, she spent enough time in the Nightsisters' fortress to learn about the village.
Recovered 1 wound, full night sleep
1 wound remaining

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:48 pm

The Togruta quickly packs up, not even bothering with breakfast first. The vision has unsettled her, and honestly, Dathomir has become a planet of death and destruction to her. Little remains for her here, and Ashara doesn't even know if the crystal being found inside "the beast" is a literal interpretation or not. She needs more information. Information about force powers and force rituals. Especially those of the Nightsisters. There's only one place she knows of that is a repository of knowledge of Force lore. The place she left 3 years ago. The place she said goodbye to. The place she couldn't stay at because of iirreconciliable differences in philosophy.

The Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Ashara needs to find a ship to get off-world. The best place to start is at the Nightbrothers village. As she walks she uses her orange lightsaber to lightly-sear the meat she butchered yesterday. The Togruta prefers rare and medium-rare meats, and she bunches on a thigh as she walks. She does wonder how she's going to pay for passage, however. Maybe she can volunteer to be security.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Ashara contemplates her future as she heads towards the nearby Nightbrothers village. Trekking though the forests of Dathomir wasn't an easy task, but after several months of completing various tasks for the Nightsisters' Clan Mother Talzin in hopes to earn their trust and assistance, she has become well versed in the local flora and fauna.

She is unsure when the Nightsisters' Massacre occurred, but estimates it was within the last few weeks. Her last visit to the Nightsisters' village was two to three weeks ago. After resupplying, resting, and recovering, her next task was given to collect some herbs in a remote part of the forest. When she finally found the herbs and returned, she found a destroyed village along with hundreds of dead Nightsisters'.

As she walks, she feels the presence of someone, or something, strong in the force.
Perception
Skill: 2 prof,1 ability
Difficulty: easy

2 y 1 g 1 p
result: 2 success, 2 advantages
Drawing closer, she nears the river that follows near the Nightsisters' village and also the Nightbrothers' village. On the river bank, she sees a human-looking male sitting cross-legged and mediating. In his lap rests a lightsaber. In his hands, he holds a journal. Even though she remains at a distance, the man also senses her. "You can come out." He calls to her.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:24 am

Ashara looks at the man carefully, trying to assess the situation. She doesn't know all the specifics of the massacre. Did this person have anything to do with it? She emerges but keeps her distance. "Who are you? And what do you know of the massacre that took place nearby recently?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:41 pm

The man opens his eyes and looks at Ashara as she comes into the clearing. "General Grievous' droid army slaughtered the Nightsisters on Count Dooku's orders." The man says flatly.

Standing up and tucking the book within his shirt, he pauses and continues. "You are not Dathomirian. Yet, you carry an energy bow. So it appears, I could ask you the same question."

lightsaber isn't ignited

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:12 pm

The togruta woman keeps her bow down and relaxed, not appearing threatening. "You never said who you are. Me, I am...was...a student of the Sisters here. When I returned to the village a few weeks back, everybody was dead and I took one of the energy bows lying around." She approaches a bit closer.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:52 pm

"I am Quinlan Vos. I have also visited the village to witness its destruction. My friend was a Nightsister. When she died a few days ago, I returned her body here along the river and buried her in the Nightsisters' tradition." He says.

"I had hoped to find a surviving Nightsister to pass on her belongings, but my stay has been cut short and I must leave Dathomir. I should have left hours ago, but it is difficult letting go of her." He says as he looks a few meters away at a freshly covered gravesite.

"This book was hers given to her by Mother Talzin. It should remain with the Nightsisters. If you can deliver it to them, then it would allow the Nightsisters to once again rise from their ashes and rebuild their coven."

Quinlan Vos explains his ship is nearby and only holds one person. He also mentions he is a Jedi Master, which you also noticed his lightsaber on his belt.

"I see your lightsaber. Were you also a Jedi? I have fallen to the dark side and left and rejoined the Order, so many times that I wonder why they allow me to return. Who was your master?"

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:55 am

Ashara accepts the book. While she is willing to give the book to a Nightsister, she sees no reason she can't copy the information within dlwn. After all, she is interested in knowledge of the Nightsisters.

"Greetings, Master Vos. I am Ashara Bi, a former padawan of the Jedi Order. I've never fallen to the dark side, but what made you so certain that I was a Jedi, instead of a current one? My master is Divak Tan. As for the book, I'll be sure to give it to a Nightsister if I can find one still alive. I also wish to leave this world, actually. can you point me to a ship?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:49 pm

The Jedi Master smirks saying, "I don't believe any Jedi have been sent to Dathomir and all of the others are busy fighting the war. And I can sense that you've been on Dathomir for a while now. The planet's energy has a way of changing people and usually not for the best. I will inform Master Tan. If you're ready to rejoin... the..."

His words slow for a bit and his face grimaces. At the same time, you also feel a strange feeling though the Force, an unsettling, dreadful, and overwhelming feeling of loss.

Looking stern, he stops his previous statement and says, "Here's the book. Please take care of it. If you can return it to a surviving Nightsister, then I will be in your debt. I owe it to Asajj--her. Something has happened and I need to go. I will inform Jedi Master Tan that you're here once I return to my ship. I feel my presence is urgently needed elsewhere."