Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:12 pm

I have 13 Strain total, since I took Grit 1. Looks I forget to update that part of the character sheet.
Shoshannah peers at the ship, hoping it is the one Manh told her about. She studies it, waiting for it to land and see who exists in order to make some sort of judgment. In the mean time, she reaches out with the Force, using it to shift the local foliage so she and Hedala would remain unseen.
OK, now seems like a good time to use Force Alter: Control to conceal us.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:22 pm

As Shoshannah and Hedala take cover, the Jedi uses the Force to move the vines and branches to conceal the pair. As they watch, the ship descends and lands in the crater.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:58 pm

A young male human wearing comfortable and non identifiable clothing walks down the ramp of the YT-2400. He doesn't appear to have a sidearm on his possession, however, his clothing is loose and might hide such a weapon within its folds. He leans on the hydraulic piston as he glances around the outskirts of the ship.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:30 pm

With some effort, the male pushes himself off from the piston and strides forward from the ramp a few meters. There, he lowers himself to a kneeling position and draws a cylindrical metal object from within his clothing, placing it on the ground before him. Then he settles in to wait, or perhaps meditate.
Activate Sense force power to sense all living things within short range.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:03 pm

force: ff
result: 3 light side

spend 1 pip on basic
range: short = 3 meters = ~9 feet
Janos reaches out with his feelings to see if he can detect other living beings. He feels the area, but his skill has limited range of only a few meters. Within his skill's range, he does not detect any other life forms.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:48 pm

"Stay where you are for the moment," Shoshannah whispers to Hedala, then tries moving stealthily to get closer to the stranger, wanting to get within range to sense whether he was an ally, hostile, or here simply by coincidence, though the last seemed rather unlikely.
Agility 2/ Stealth 1

Force Sense: Control: Sense Thoughts, Force Rating 2

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Your Sense Basic is limited to "short" range (3 meters) and Sense Thoughts is limited to "engaged" range (1 meter). You'd need to upgrade the Range talents to increase ranges.

force: ff
result: 3 dark side pips

Since there's no combat, I'm allowing the 'take 10" roll. Which means, it might take you a few tries and minutes, but you can eventually activate the power.

range: Engaged = 1 meter
Shoshannah reaches out with her feelings to see if he can sense the current thoughts of a living being. She feels the area, but her skill has limited range of only a meter or so. Within her skill's range, she does not detect any other life forms including Hedala who has moved a few more steps back and taken cover in the flora.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:22 pm

A younger male humanoid exits the ship. Like the first, he has no visible weapon, but he wears a familiar set of robes commonly worn by Jedi. His milk-white skin and white hair make him stand out in contrast with the first, whom he joins midway down the ramp. He breathes in deeply, taking in the woodland air.

"I got one of the holocrons open," he says. "My Master made it for me. With it I can learn new abilities that should help me hide from the Empire."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Shoshannah feels relief at seeing what looks like a Jedi. She mutters, "What the hell ..." to herself and steps out of the bushes, arms raised in the air and walks toward them. "I think you may be here looking for me. Can you tell me who called you?" When she is close enough, she reaches out with the Force to discern whether their intentions are good or if they are trying to hide something or tainted by malice.
Force Rating 2: Sense emotions

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:05 am

"Well done, Uri," Janos turns slightly to address the Padawan. "The Force is with you."

Turning back Janos looks at the woman approaching them, but makes no move to rise or to pick up his lightsaber. "Janos Tyree, Jedi Knight," he states, identifying himself. "My friend Wile brought us here to pick up a friend of his."