Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:45 am

Uri walks down the ramp and draws his lightsaber. He leaves it deactivated - for now.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:27 pm

The YT-1300 transport lands beside their ship. The ship looks a bit used and old, and shows some signs of recent repairs. The ship's landing ramp lowers and out walks two Jedi Masters...

All of the Jedi instantly recognize Jedi Master Jocasta Nu, the Chief Librarian of the Jedi Archives. Throughout their training, they sought assistance from her in finding information they needed to complete various research conducted during their training. One of those instructors whom assigned research work was Jedi Master Divak Tan, who also exits the ship alongside the librarian.

"Greetings," Jedi Master Tan states as he steps onto the ground. "We were en route to the city to find a youngling when we were denied. As he left the city, we felt your presence and wanted to make sure you are safe."

Divak Tan is a male Togruta Jedi Master part of the Jedi High Council. As a Jedi who excelled at instruction and learning, he joined Council of First Knowledge and returned to teaching young initiates during the Clone Wars.

Jocasta Nu, a Force-sensitive human female, is a Jedi Master who served as the Chief Librarian of the Jedi Archives. In this role, Nu would assist fellow Jedi in finding information they needed from the Jedi Archives, and controlled access to the restricted Holocron Vault.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:32 pm

Shoshannah lets out a sigh of relief. She puts a hand on Hedala's head. "I think this may be the youngling you were looking for. She's a Force-sensitive orphan--she recognized me as Force-sensitive and sought me out. Her name is Hedala. I'm Shonshannah Nadeel, of the Jedi Service Corps, an agronomist and medic." She pauses, takes a deep breath, and asked, "Do you know what happened? Suddenly, the clones turned against us. They killed Padawan Plaba Sundown. I only escaped through the help of ... I guess he's a rogue Jedi, someone who left the order. And when we went into town, there was this new Empire in control. What's going on?" she finishes plaintively.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:13 am

"I can answer some of that," Janos says.

"Masters, it is good to see you," he adds, bowing to the two Jedi Masters.

"While I was on my mission, I felt my old master become one with the Force, and then once we landed in a spaceport, we saw an announcement on the Holonet that the Jedi had attempted treason. It seems the Clones turned on us. The Republic is now the Galactic Empire."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:43 am

Uri stuffs his lightsaber away and nods.

"On Boonta, I barely escaped the betrayal at the base, and ran into Knight Tyree." He turns his head to acknowledge Janos. "The troopers laid a trap for us when we came back for Master Nolb. Lucky told me that they're killing the Masters and detaining any Padawans that they find, and chose to stay behind. If it not for him and Knight Tyree, I wouldn't be here now."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:01 am

Coming down from the ramp behind Master Tan and Master Nu is a Jedi Temple Guard, with a force pike in hand. He joins the conversation, but begins walking a perimeter instead of huddling together. This has not been confirmed to be a secure area, so his attention is on their security. "Granite, Jedi Knight. I saw the same broadcast, plus a subsequent message by Master Obi-Wan Kenobi cancelling the all-hands call to return to the Temple. Turns out the Supreme Chancellor decided that the title was too stifling, and now he's the Emperor of the Galactic Empire. Solid justification, given the known power of the Jedi. If they turned on the government, even more extreme action could be taken beyond what was granted for the War. Lies, but believable ones."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:23 am

Uri's expression visibly darkens. "Wouldn't that be a shame," he mumbles.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:47 pm

Shoshannah slumps to the floor of the ship's ramp and puts her head in her hands. "How did this happen?" But part of her knows. She had always thought the Jedi's involvement in the war was a bad idea. This seemed to confirm it, though she couldn't have put her arguments into words at the moment.

She takes a deep breath, pulls herself together, then looks up. "Do we have to get out of here urgently? There's something I promised I'd do before I left. A number of people on this planet have been infected with an illness engineered at this Separatist research base." She gestures at the ruins. "Well, what used to be a Separatist research base. I want to look through the ruins to see if we can find a cure."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:26 pm

"I am unsure how urgent our immediate situation is," Janos responds. "I would hear what the masters present have to say, but that seems like something worth our time. I doubt we will get another shot at it now that all of us probably have capture or kill on sight bounties on our heads." Janos pauses and looks at the masters present, and his face is full of sorrow. "When we watched the news feed on the holonet, they showed Mas Ameda speaking on the steps of the Jedi Temple. They were incinerating lightsabers, and...I think I saw Master Yoda's blade."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:38 pm

Shoshannah feels a chill run down her spine. "How long has the Chancellor been planning this?" she wonders. "It all sounds so meticulous ..."

She abruptly stands up. Dwelling on the horror of what has happened wouldn't help anyone and might well frighten Hedala. "Alright. Could someone watch over Hedala here at the ship? And I'd appreciate any help I could get looking through what's left of the Separatist base. There might be nothing left to find, but the more of us looking, the more likely we are to find something if it's left."