Chapter 2A: The Future of the Force

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:45 am

"I'll go too. If we run into trouble, I can deal with it quietly."

Uri then looks at Jocasta and says, "Master Nu? Master Caitken left me a few things that you might want to see." He pauses, then continues, "Two holocrons. I also managed to recover his lightsaber and Master Nolb's...I'd like to keep them."
I'm gonna have Uri grab his armor and put it on under his robes before we go.

For strategizing, here are some of Uri's strengths and weaknesses.

He can use Misdirect. Besides the base power, he has Range 1, Duration 1, Magnitude 1, and Control: Change Appearance.
He has Stealth and Brawl as Career skills because I took Well Rounded, and his Stealth roll is 3 Proficiency.
He has Dark Vision (racial), removes 2 Setback in darkness, but adds 1 Setback in bright light. He has Cunning 1.
He has a pair of Shock Gloves.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:42 pm

The "Separatist base" which Shoshanah referred to is the remains of what you landed atop of. It used to be a durasteel building, but a missile strike turned it into a crater and melted the steel to a smooth surface.
After a few moments, a young human child a year or two younger than Heldala peeks out from the Masters' ship. "This is Tomas. He joined us on Alderaan. Seems he will have another youngling companion for his studies." Master Nu states.

As the sole padawan in the group steps forward showing the archivist the holocrons, she appears to recognize them. "I knew Master Caitken and Knight Nolb very well. I am familiar with those two holocrons. I worked with them to help create and bind them."

Smiling, she refuses to take the holocrons. "Young one, those are yours and ..." Glancing around with a pause, she appears to be looking for someone else. "And I hope your exclusion of Thraka's death means he also survived. One of those holocrons were created by Drask and Lorraf. The other was found by them. In time, you will learn all. For now, keep the lightsabers to remember them. In the future, if the younglings can't access crystals when they are ready for lightsaber construction, then we may need them."

Having given the younger Jedi time to reveal information, Jedi Master Divak Tan states, "Those are quite some stories. We are all fortunate you were able to stay calm and survive. Jedi Granite and myself were given coordinates to a location. Master Yoda told me to trust the contact---and I do trust them. However, Yoda also said we shouldn't reveal the benefactor until they are ready. We should head there to rest, heal, and plan our next actions."

After a brief pause, the Jedi Master goes on, "I sense the presence of one not strong in the Force." As his gaze turns towards the YT-2400, Wile becomes visible on the top of the ramp. "I do not think we should permit non-Jedi at the location, until we have both confirmed it's presence and ensure its security. There are few we can trust at the moment, so allies outside of the Jedi are most welcomed. We can't make any mistakes, since if this location becomes known it could doom all of us and the future of the Jedi."

As Shoshannah prepares to inspect the remains of the Separatist facility, the others must decide what to do about the non-Jedi pilot, Wile.

Searching the destroyed facility is near impossible for Shoshannah due to its utter destruction. However, along her journey back to the site, she realized that the river connected the facility to the settlement. If there had been any (accidental or otherwise) chemical runoffs into the river, then that would have diluted the virus and spread into the sea and infected the settlement's seafood. With the facility deserted and its research projects definitely closed, it is likely to be no more spillage and contamination. In time, the virus will become even more diluted in the sea and cease being a major concern.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:11 pm

"That is Wile Landoo," Master, Janos explains. "He worked with Master Vel Aath in the past and it was he I was working with on my own mission before the clones turned on us. I trust him, and I believe he has a vested interest in sticking with us. That said, we will need to come up with a way to compensate him for both his time and the danger he has incurred in aiding the Jedi."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:44 pm

Shoshannah takes a good look at the ruins and sighs. "I guess there's not really much to explore. I think the destruction of the base should have solved the problem, assuming the virus was caused by some sort of runoff." She taps her foot as she thinks. "I want to find the base of Manh, the former Jedi who helped me. He's staying here to help the people here as best he can. I know someone who left the Jedi Order may raise some eyebrows, but he saved my life and he left the Order because he thought the war effort was misguided, not for selfish reasons." She suspects his judgment about the war was correct, but says nothing aloud. That is water under the bridge now. "It's probably not safe to send him a message electronically, but I can leave a written message at his base. I'd feel safer if I had one or two people go with me, just in case something goes wrong. I've already been attacked by the local wildlife once on the trip here."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:50 pm

Uri nods to Jocasta. "Thank you, Master. Thraka... Yeah, he's alive. We can talk more about him after we bail out of here."

Shoshannah's wish to make off and find this once-Jedi's camp - who is Manh, anyway? - gave them a convenient excuse to pick up the conversation later. He'd picked up on her discomfort about grim topics being discussed around the kids.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:19 pm

Jedi Master Divak Tan studies Janos and nods along. "Does that mean your ship is from the Temple?" He asks. When Janos confirms his thoughts, he replies, "Your Jedi ship is equipped to change its transponder codes to elude prying authorities. Our ship was hastily taken after Granite prevented a pirate boarding party. We could leave Wile this ship and take your ship. That should be enough compensation. Knowing Vel Aath allies, he can probably exchange it on the black market or find other uses for it. The pirate ship's transponder code has probably been flagged in multiple systems for piracy and worse, and we need to keep a low profile for a while."

As Shoshannah and Uri prepare to depart to Manh's makeshift campsite, Wile walks down the ramp. "I can pass along your note to Manh. I agree with Divak. The Jedi need to regroup and figure out what to do next. I'll stay at Manh's camp and wait for him to show up. If a ship is provided as compensation as Divak offered, then I accept. Manh and I will depart as soon as possible."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:17 pm

Janos stands and walks over to Wile, offering his hand. "Wile, our first mission together didn't go exactly as I thought it would, but it was a privilege to work with you. You have my comm frequency if you need to get in touch. May the Force be with you."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:46 pm

Granite pipes up as he continues to work the perimeter for threats, responding to Shoshannah's request for help. "As long as the Masters remain secure without my guarding, I can assist with any missions that require martial and technological support. I was a front-line fighter in the War, so if you're performing covert ops it may be wiser to choose someone else with that specialty training in stealth and infiltration."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:43 pm

Shoshannah stops and says, "Yes, if you would be willing to wait for Manh, that would be really helpful." She writes a hasty note for Wile to give to Manh. "Thank you," she says to the Rodian.

She turns to the others. "With that taken care of, I'm ready to leave. Very ready."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:30 am

"Ah, I am relatively skilled at sneaking around where I am not wanted," Janos says, speaking up at Granite's prompting. "It is a good skill when you are moving within the underworld," he adds. "And I'm passable with computers and locks, though I haven't any slicing gear should the need arise."