Chapter 2B: Day Zero

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Uri has no reaction. He asks the pilot, "So, we land at this crater, then? Or get Hunter's coordinates? Can he find a safe place?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:21 pm

'Yeah, let's land and wait." Wile say as he takes the ship down and lands in the crater. As they draw closer, they realize the crater appears to be the remains of a building. "I sent him our location. Now, we can just wait until he finds us."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:56 am

"I do hope the Rep-er, I mean the Empire doesn't find us sitting like ducks in a pond here," Janos says, heading for the ship's ramp. "I'm going to wait outside once we touch down."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:09 pm

"I'll be right behind you."

Uri heads to an empty room on the ship and sits down with the holocron of contemporary design and meditates. If the Force is willing, can he open it today?
Knowledge check with modern holocron. Intelligence GGG

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Uri
lore skill: ggg
holocron: ppp
total: gggpp
result: 1 success

Holocron skills: Lore, Warfare, Leadership
Force Powers: Move, Sense, Battle Meditation, Foresee

* Become career skills for anyone who studies using the holocro. If you lose the holocron these are not career skills any longer, so we'll mark these as bold/italics/red on char sheet to separate from normal career skills. Each person must unlock it themselves and have access to it, in order for these skills to count as career skills. Each person only needs to unlock it once, for it to always be unlocked for them.

You can use the Holocron to learn the basic Force Power (no change to cost). Without an instructor or holocron, Force Users cannot learn a new basic Force Power without a source (either NPC, PC, or holocron). Once you know the basic power, you can discover related talents. If you have two sources of instruction, then you can get mentor discount on the purchase of the basic force power.
As the ship prepares to land, Padawan Uri attempts to unlock the secrets of one holocron discovered in Jedi Master Caitken's satchel. He takes a sit and concentrates as his Master taught. With his eyes closed, he feels but doesn't see the pieces of the holocron separate and reform into a different shape.

"Welcome, padawan." Comes a familiar voice.

Opening his eyes, he sees a projection of his former Master Drask Caitken, the gatekeeper of the information contained within the holocron. "Are you here to learn, today? I have created this holocron so that I may pass down my knowledge to you and future generations of Jedi."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:55 pm

* * * * * Once you leave the ship, change over to Future of the Force thread.
** Janos enters Future of the Force thread

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Uri stares at his dead master, then closes his agape mouth. It's just a holo, a machine. Not the man himself. "Y-yes," he answers. "Just a short lesson. Please, tell me - how can the Force help you sense the future before it even happens?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:58 pm

The holographic image of Master Caitken nods and begins to speak, "The ability to feel the Force flowing around everything and seeing what is and what will be is a powerful ability that few can master. Some with the ability have precognitive flashes and experience waking dreams or visions about people and situations. These flashes into the future are rarely clear and obvious. The ability does not provide an unequivocal vision of the future, but it may provide pause for thought."

"My first student, Lorraf Nolb, was gifted with this ability. His ability far exceeded my capability and could gain glimpses into the future. When Lorraf was a padawan, he had a vision which lead us to visit the ancient site of Veeshas Tuwan on Arkania. Several years later, we returned and found two Arkanian younglings strong in the Force--you and Thraka. We returned to Arkania several times throughout his apprenticeship."

"As a youngling, Thraka Barzane was plagued with nightmarish visions that haunted him. He was unable to control his ability and, even with the aid of the Masters, the visions pushed him near the darkness. When Thraka experienced a similar vision to Lorraf's Arkania vision, it was more terrifying and alarming. He also experienced many of his visions while awake, so much that his waking visions and the nightmares affected his well-being. So, Jedi Council decided that Thraka would apprentice under Lorraf in hopes of controlling his abilities."

"This was the reason why I choose to not train you in this ability. I feared you may suffer the same fate as Thraka. Even with the help of other Jedi Masters, we have yet been unable to quell Thraka's painful visions. If you wish further study on this ability, I can and will instruct you."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Uri's face shifts and twists under the strain of these revelations. "Okay. N-not right now. I..." He forgets for a moment that the projection of Caitken isn't really Caitken and adds, "thanks," as he releases the Force and deactivates the holocron. He stands up, turns this way and that as he absorbs the information, and then exits the room and the ship proper to get some air.

(Leaving thread)