Chapter 2B: Day Zero

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:18 pm

The ship takes a wide turn, leaving much distance between it and the military facility. After a few minutes, the YT-2400 has circled back to the location where they hid the speeder. Making a quick stop, they lower the cargo elevator and quickly push the speeder onto the lift. Once the speeder is back in the cargo hold, the ship tilts upwards and speeds off towards the upper atmosphere.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:20 am

Onboard, Uri walks to the bridge to speak to Wile.

"There was no general. Lorraf is dead. We managed to recover his lightsaber. I guess we'll be helping you pick up your friend next. You helped me, I'll help you."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:29 pm

"So it was a trap? That might explain why they broadcasted their messages over the open frequency. Sounds like they though you might come back to save him." Wile states as he flips two switches on the overhead panel.

"Take a seat, it'll take several hours to get there." With the coordinates already loaded into the navicomputer, the rodian engages the hyperdrive engines.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:12 pm

"Should've known it was a trap," Janos pants, practically falling into a seat. He'd deflected the majority of the shots the clones had taken at him, but a few had got past his defenses and they hurt. "Wile, unless you need my help, I'm going to go see if I can patch up some of these blaster burns."
I'll go see AZI-3 and see what he can do for my wounds.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:42 pm

Janos, 10 wounds (max 12), 8 strain (max 13)
Wounds > 1/2 wound threshold = 2 purple difficulty

medicine check

skill: yyg
bonus: on ship, med bay
diff: pp
total: yygpp

result: 1 advantage
heals 1 strain

Janos, 10 wounds (max 12), 7 strain (max 13)

Janos finds AZI-3 in a storage room of the ship. The droid has spent the last few hours moving things around to form a makeshift medical bay. "Greetings. Oh my, you look as bad as this ship is organized. Take a seat."

The droid bandages the bruises suffered by Janos, but other than feeling a little bit better about their situation, he leaves the med bay feeling almost the same as he entered.

There won't be any further combat, so you don't need to spend stims

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Uri slumps in a chair. "I'm pretty stung... but I can sleep it off. Wake me when we get there."

Wherever "there" is.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Several hours later, Wile gives the crew a five minute warning before the Zillo's Shadow comes out of hyperspace.

Peering through the front viewport, they see a large planet with a couple moons orbiting it. Several Republic Imperial ships are stationed above the planet. Wile states "Saleucami" in reference to the planet, and then he shifts direction towards one of the moons hoping to avoid the capital ships surrounding Saleucami. Perhaps not seeing the transport ship a threat, the Imperial ships don't immediately contact the starship.

Both Jedi are aware of the long siege of Saleucami that had just ended days ago. The Galactic Republic laid siege spanning more than two months against the Separatist held planet.

Several minutes later, a verdant moon appears ahead in the front of their ship. "Welcome to Drenzor," the rodian states.

"YT-2400, this is Imperial control tower for Drenzor City. The spaceport is closed for non-military traffic. Please change your vector and exit the airspace."

"Roger that Imperial control tower."

Turning the ship away from his expected spaceport destination, Wile says, "We need to find another landing location. The planet is heavily forested, and I'm not sure there's anywhere to land."

As the Jedi scan the planet, they find a large clearing about a dozen kilometers outside of the village. Pointing Wile in that direction, they quickly arrive there to find a large convex crater that appears like it was bombarded with missiles or a large asteroid impact--with a missile being the most likely cause.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:41 am

"This is where your friend is?" Janos asks Wile, surveying the planet from the ship's viewport. "Looks like we're in for a hike, unless we want to try the speeder again."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:25 pm

Uri stares at the forested moon. "Yeah, my vote's for speeder. I'm still winded from our escape. On the upside, we'll have lots of cover. If we fire the cannons to 'create' a new landing area, would they come down on us for that? We could always hail them for another option. It's not like we're in trouble just for being here."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 pm

over night: heal 1 wound, remove all strain

new day med check

Janos, 10 wounds (max 12)
Wounds > 1/2 wound threshold = 2 purple difficulty
medicine check
skill: yyg
bonus: on ship, med bay
diff: pp
total: yygbpp

result: 3 success, 2 threat
heals 3 wounds
gains 2 strain
Janos, 6 wounds, 2 strain
Uri, 0 wound, 0 strain

The two Jedi awaken refreshed and meet up with AZI-3 in the med bay. Both of them get their wounds redressed along with some antibotics. Padawan Uri seems to be in great health, while Janos' wounds are taking longer to heal.

Wile nods his answer to Janos' question. "Let's see if there's a respond on the freq." He says. The rodian clicks his commlink and begins, "Ghest calling Hunter. Are you there Hunter?"

The heavily forested moon below appears to be very dense, possibly too dense for a speeder to properly maneuver. As they talk, they see a pair of ARC-170 starfighters patrolling the outskirts of the village following a search pattern.

Looking from the starfighters and back to the Jedi, Wile suggests, "If anyone asks, we're just hunters. There's a lot of wildlife here. Rodians come here often for hunting. Even being poachers would be less of a threat than announcing who you really are."

After a few moments, Wile's friend replies back, "Ghest, can't talk now. A bit busy. Two friends at the crater for pick up. Take them and meet back here in a week for for me. I... I made a few other friends... *pew pew* ... last night." In the background of his call, the crew can hear sounds as if he's running through the forest with distant blaster fire in the background.