Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:25 pm

The DARK TIMES have begun.

After ORDER 66 decimated the
JEDI--guardians of order and justice,
the GALACTIC REPUBLIC is no more.
In its place, Emperor Palpatine
formed the GALACTIC EMPIRE and
rules through fear.

Senators opposing the GALACTIC
EMPIRE are arrested on charges
of conspiracy and treason.
Opposition voices are silenced in
the name of security and stability.

The future is grim, evil is on the
rise, and all paths seem to lead
nowhere. The fate of the Jedi
Order is sealed. Will the surviving
Jedi find a path to the future
... or to the grave?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Jedi Master Divak Tan and Jedi Knight Granite watch the Jedi Temple burn from the cockpit of the newly acquired, former-pirate owned, small transport ship named the Vagabond. After seeing the Temple on fire, the pair remain silent as the ship rises through Coruscant's atmosphere, travels through space, and enters hyperspace.

As they travel through hyperspace their silence is finally broken by a Jedi not aboard the ship. Both of their Jedi Beacon Transceivers light up with a second message. This transmission includes a recall notice to ignore the previous transmission. When Jedi Master Divak Tan activates his receiver, a hologram of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi appears before the two Jedi.

"This is Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I regret to report that both
our Jedi Order and the Republic have fallen, with the dark
shadow of the Empire rising to take their place. This message
is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi:

Trust in the Force.

Do not return to the Temple. That time has passed, and our
future is uncertain. We will each be challenged – our trust,
our faith, our friendships – but we must persevere, and in
time, a new hope will emerge.

May the Force be with you. Always."

After a long moment of silence, Jedi Master Tan speaks up. "Senator Organa's role in Jedi matters must remain our secret. It is only a matter of time before dissidents and Jedi sympathizers are rounded up. We must find any survivors and bring them to the sanctuary. I have entered coordinates for the Dathomir system. Jedi Master Vos informed me that my padawan is there and... she is alive. I feel it."

As they travel, Jedi Knight Granite notices some bad wiring and mechanical issues and spends some time repairing the ship, which allows him to work as he contemplates the unfolding events. During his rounds, he finds several items left behind by the pirates. Meanwhile, Jedi Master Divak Tan cleans the galley and lounge and spends several minutes mediating in silence.

After several hours of travel to the Outer Rim Territories, the ship exits hyperspace. Within sight is the planet of Dathomir.

This thread is for ManWithDoor

"Pirate items"
* 2 Blaster carbines
* 3 Heavy blaster pistols
* 1 Heavy blaster rifle
* 1 vibro-axe
* 2 vibroknives
* 450 credits (added to your sheet)
* Cargo scanner
* 3 doses of Muon Gold
* 1 Set Trigger mod, also known as 'hair trigger'
* 1 Marked Sabacc Deck

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 am

Granite uses the mundane activities to focus, preventing his emotions from overwhelming him. He is usually not particularly high-strung, as clearly evidenced by his chosen name, but even a stone would be moved by such a monumental disaster. Fellow Jedi - acquaintances, friends, mentors, even people he didn't like - all slaughtered. The grand ideals of the Republic overthrown. A galaxy in chaos.

After he can't find any other repairs to do, he takes the vibro-axe the pirates came with, and begins practicing with it. Attacks and blocks, movement drills, feints, exercising his body and mind with a weapon he has only moderate experience with. He specialized in the pike, and a polearm is very different from a battle axe. From a practicality standpoint, he can't use his lightsaber pike in public any more, outside of dire circumstances. He'll have to pick up something else. Maybe or maybe not the axe, but he focuses on practical issues he can deal with rather than be beaten down by the overwhelming avalanche tumbling after them.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:58 pm

In the remote Quelii sector, there burns a blood-red star at the center of the Dathomir system. The world of Dathomir might once have been a place of vibrant life and overflowing beauty-but that time has long since passed. Jagged mountain peaks rise like teeth of a carnivore eager to consume its prey. Once-rich fens and forests have given way to putrid swamps and ivy-choked thickets now filled with a thick miasma of fog. The planet's surface is perpetually cloaked in a crimson pallor from the slowly dying star, which provides some mockery of daylight.

The landscape is deeply shadowed, making it all the more treacherous as predators slink from their lairs. In the evening, overland navigation becomes all but impossible. Though some stars pierce the darkness, they offer little light, serving only to accentuate the murk. Low howls and feral grunts issue forth as predators too terrible to travel even under the blood-red light of day stalk whatever prey they might find in the embrace of the stygian gloom. The planet still thrives, though it has been twisted by the passage of time, the scars of war, and other, darker things.

As the fast and agile YT-1760 small transport skim the treetops, the two Jedi crew finds a fortress destroyed with remains of droids and Nightsisters' littering the forest floor. Continue further along the river, they spot the Nightbrothers' village and find a clearing a kilometer or so away from the village to land. While Jedi Granite made numerous repairs to the ship, a few sensors remain offline requiring parts which could not be found aboard the ship.

Jedi Master Divak Tan heads to the ramp telling Jedi Granite. "I sense my padawan is in the Nightbrothers' village. In a few hours, it will be dusk and we should not tempt our fates by remaining on this planet any longer than needed. You can stay with the ship and continue repairs or accompany me. It is your choice, Jedi Knight."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:23 pm

The Knight shakes his head. "I can make it harder for someone else to attempt to steal and start up the transport, but regardless I'm coming with you. With the unknown dangers, I don't think we can casually risk being alone without backup."
Mechanics Check (upgraded with my dedicated Force Die) to 'sabotage' the transport. The equivalent of unplugging the battery, or disengaging the starter from the engine, that sort of thing. No time for something elaborate, but it would still take time and some knowledge for somebody to steal it. Not great, but better than nothing.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Jedi Knight Granite sabotages the ship and departs with Jedi Master Tan. When the ramp lowers, the red mist of Dathomir swirls up to meet them. The planet is bathed in the red light of their sun, which causes every to have a reddish tint.

As they walk towards the village, they hear low howls and feral grunts of unseen creatures. The forest is thick with vines nearly a meter wide and trees twice that size. Exiting the forest into a clearing, the two Jedi see the walls surrounding the remote village and a single winding path leading to it's gates.

"The Nightbrothers are considered servants, laborers, and breeding stock of the Nightsisters. Most of their villages are vassals to the Nightsisters. They are foremost proud warriors and do not like outsiders. This village looks heavily damaged, but not as bad as the Nightsisters' Fortress we flew over a few kilometers back. I've studied the Nightsisters, but I do not know much about the Nightbrothers. I will try to bring Padawan Ashara out of the village, so we can avoid any confrontations."

The Jedi Master knells and closes his eyes. Calling to his padawan, his thoughts flow through the force. "Padawan Ashara, tazi unt, I have come to take you home. We are outside the village."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:51 pm

Jedi Master Tan stands up and says, "She is coming." In the distance, the silhouette of a woman appears leaving the village and approaching the two Jedi.
welcome guywithsword to thread

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:00 pm

A togruta woman with white and blue head patterns walks up cautiously. She is dressed in worn but sturdy clothing, and her feet are covered only in foot wraps. A lightsaber hangs from her belt, and some sort of strange bow is in her hands. Upon seeing Divak Tan, the woman seems to smile and pick up the pace. "Master Tan. It is...good to see you after all this time. I have felt some large disturbance recently, and I was quite worried about everyone."

She nods respectfully to Granite, waiting for an introduction.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:46 pm

The elder Togruta Jedi Master walks over and puts his hand on her shoulder, "It is good to see you. These are dark times. We should speak more on our ship." Turning to introduce his companion, Master Tan says, "This is Jedi Knight Granite."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:52 am

The younger Togruta woman gives a slight bow to the Gank. "An honor to meet you, Granite. I am former padawan Ashara. Let us step into your ship, and then I'd like to hear about any pressing news."