Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Skill: 2y 2g
Difficulty: melee 2p
total: 2y 2g 2p
result: 3 success, 2 advantage

dmg: 6 + 3 = 9
soak: 5 / breach 1 = 0
9 dmg kills 1, leaves 1 with 4 wounds
2 advantages: crit - killed 1 of them auto

Jedi Knight Granite rushes forward to engage two of the Clone Troopers. Quickly attacking with his lightsaber pike, the Knight takes out the first Clone with ease. Turning on the second Clone, he lunges forward with his weapon dealing a severe wound to the soldier, but unable to fully incapacitate the trooper. He finishes his attack with a quick spin and thumps the soldier on the head with the end of his pike which finally knocks out the trooper.

With one of the Clone Trooper groups dispatched, Ashara and Master Tan ....

Clone Group A = incapacitated
Clone Group B (2 troopers) = 0 wounds, 10 max

Granite = 3 wounds, 16 max; 0 strain
Ashara = 3 wounds, 11 max; 0 strain, 13 max; 1 crit (1p) wound
Divak Tan = 0 wounds, 17 max; 0 strain

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:40 pm

Ashara once again takes a deep breath and focuses on looking for the Troopers' weak point. Sensing one, she brings up her bow and shoots! If the enemy still stands after her attack, she will drop prone to get even more protection.
Maneuver: Marked for death for 2 free adv against the Clone MG.
Action: Attack MG with energy bow (base 8, pierce 4, Crit 2). YGGG (adv x2) vs PS

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:47 pm

skill: y ggg
difficulty: short range 1 p with cover 1 setback
total: ygggps
results: 1 success, 3 advantage
dmg: 8 + 1 = 9
Soak: 5 vs Pierce 4
dmg = 8, killed 1, one remains with 3 wounds
5 adv = 2 for crit, killed second one
Seeing Granite engage one group, Ashara takes aim and fires three energy bolts at the other group of Troopers. Even in cover, the two Clone Troopers can't avoid her bolts which incapacitates both of them.

Combat over

Master Divak Tan smiles and says, "I'm not sure the two of you even need my assistance. We should be nearing the ship's hold around the corner."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm

"Master, let me peek around the corner. Maybe I can do it stealthily and see what we are up against there. I can even take time to call out weak spots."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 pm

Granite stays silent as they move farther along the corridors into the ship. His size and the mass of the armor probably aren't doing them any favors on stealthy-ness, although nothing like the archaic armors of yore that clinked and clacked all over the place.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 am

After thinking about the situation, she thinks better of her plan. "You know, I think they're all waiting for us, since we weren't exactly quiet in our entrance. If I understand the layout of this ship correct, the engine section is towards the back, in that section. We can't get there without crossing the open space where the guards for the prisoners are I imagine. But, with this, we can cut our way to the lower floor and then make our way to the engine. There, I could knight Granite here could maybe FAKE a reactor meltdown? We can either set an ambush for them, or sneak out and go to the priisoners while the enemy is distracted. What do you two think?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:37 pm

To speed things up a bit, GWS posted his strategy in discord, so I'll go with it here
Ashara moves closer to where the ship's deck overlaps the cargo hold below it. Using her lightsaber, she begins to cut a hole in the deck. As she cuts through the deck, Master Tan replies "We should hurry. Our allied fleet may not be able to hold them off for much longer and we still need to undock and escape into our hyperspace route. I'm not sure how a reactor meltdown might give us an advantage, but we can at least ensure their hyperdrive doesn't come back online and jump with us still here."

With the hole cut, she jumps down into the cargo hold finding it empty.
Orange dot is circle cut out on deck
7 - ladder/lift (as labeled)
18 - engines (as labeled)

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:06 am

A Reactor meltdown does seem to be a bit much, but trying to damage or shut down the engines certainly helps them not be stuck here while raiding. Jumping away and then stopping in the middle of a fleet of Star Destroyers would certainly put a crimp in his day. Taking point, the soldier heads towards the aft, working his way to the engines.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:01 am

Ashara follows quietly. "I don't need you to actually melt down the reactors. Just fake one. Make the computer think the ship is having one, so the clones maybe panic a bit?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Master Tan looks down the hole and says, "I'll stay topside and when you return to the main deck, we can try to hit them from two different fronts."
Granite
mec skill yyg
force upgrade 1 skill
skill: yyy
difficulty: hard 3p

result: 2 success, 2 threats
Granite taps into the engine component board. With his tools always at his ready, he exchanges a few wires to prevent the ship's hyperspace engines from engaging. With another panel, he disconnects the safety wire which activates the ship's engine distress signal.