Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Chapter 2C: Sanctuary

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 am

Granite ignores the wounded trooper next to him, charging for the bridge instead. He's been in similar situations where he takes the front line to let the Masters work unimpeded, and he has no intention of letting the pilot shoot Master Tan again. He is a little off balance from dodging the last blaster shot, but he tries to concentrate through the distraction.
Maneuver: Move to Pilot (engaged).
Maneuver: Spend 2 Strain to Aim.
Action: Attack Pilot with Lightsaber (2Y, 2G, 1 Bonus, 1 Setback).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Pilots are down (I posted for GWS and took both of them down), only the Officer is still standing

Maneuver: Move to Officer (engaged).
Maneuver: Spend 2 Strain to Aim.
Action: Attack Pilot with Lightsaber (2Y, 2G, 1 Bonus, 1 Setback).

skill: yygg
aim: 1 bonus
setback from last round
total: yyggbspp
result: 1 triumph

dmg: 6 + 1 = 7
soak 3 vs breach 1, ignores soak
final dmg: 7

How do you want to spend that triumph?

Granite ignores the clone trooper and rushes forward towards the clone naval officer in the other room. Turning the corner, his lightsaber pike lunges and slices tearing through the officer's clothing and leaving him seriously wounded. Reacting to his wound, the officer drops his blaster.

Round 2: Hero, Hero, Clones, Hero

Granite = 3 wounds, 16 max; 0 strain, Setback on next check
Ashara = 3 wounds, 11 max; 0 strain, 13 max; 1 crit (1p) wound, Bonus on next check
Divak = 1 wounds, 17 max; 3 strain, max 18

Clone Troopers A = 8 wounds, 10 max
Clone Navy Officer = 7 wounds, 12 max; Has Cover, weapon sundered

----incapacitated ---
Clone Troopers B = 10 wounds
Clone Pilots = 10 wounds, 10 max;

With Granite dealing serious melee wounds to the clone naval officer, the last remaining clone trooper stands in the middle of the room surrounded by Master Tan and Ashara ...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Round 2: Hero, **Hero**, Clones, Hero
man: aim
act: shoot
skill: yggg
aim: 1 boost
diff: medium pp
total: ygggbpp
result: 2 success, 4 advantage
dmg: 8 + 2 = 10
soak: 5 vs pierce 4, -1
final dmg: 10-1 = 9

Ashara takes aim at the last clone trooper and releases a flurry of energy bolts. Her shots strike the trooper in the chest knocking him down and out of the fight.

Round 2: Hero, Hero, **Clones**, Hero

man: interact weapon
act: fire vs granite
skill: gg
diff: engaged w/light pp
total: ggpp
result: 1 success
dmg: 7 + 1 = 9
soak: 7
final dmg: 9 - 7 = 2

With everyone down except for the naval officer, the officer bends down to pick up his weapon and fire upwards into Granite's hip. The blast reflected off of his Jedi Temple armor, but leaves a small bruise on his side.

Round 2: Hero, Hero, Clones, **Hero**
Tan
Move short to engage
Act: melee lightsaber
skill: yygg
diff: melee pp
total: yyggpp
result: 3 success, 2 adv
dmg: 9 + 3 = 11

Master Tan moves in behind Granite and brings his lightsaber down against the naval officer. With a single strike, the officer falls to the floor.
Granite = 5 wounds, 16 max; 0 strain, Setback on next check
Ashara = 3 wounds, 11 max; 0 strain, 13 max; 1 crit (1p) wound
Divak = 1 wounds, 17 max; 3 strain, max 18

---- incapacitated ---
Clone Navy Officer = 16 wounds, 12 max
Clone Troopers A = 17 wounds, 10 max
Clone Troopers B = 10 wounds, 10 max
Clone Pilots = 10 wounds, 10 max;

** combat over **

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Turning their attention back to the prisoners, they notice Jocasta Nu, the Chief Librarian of the Jedi Archives restrained. She isn't moving and appears to be either sedated or exhausted. In the second cell, a young boy no older than a few years old lays unrestrained on the floor. The young boy's eyes flicker for a moment as he attempts to watch the battle, but he doesn't move himself to stand or sit up.

Jedi Master Divak Tan and Jedi Knight Granite stand within the situation room where the officer and pilots attacked from and fell. After a few moments, Divak Tan moves towards one particular lever and tells Granite, "At the same time, lower that lever. The cells require two independent levers to be lowered at the same time to shut them down."

Standing on the opposite side of the room, Granite lowers his lever at the same time as Divak Tan. In the prisoner holding area, Ashara says, "It's working the shields are down."

Master Tan looks to Granite and says, "Help them to the ship, I'm going to check the navcomputer to see where the ship was heading and then wipe their systems."

Clone Troopers
6x DC-15 blaster rifle
6x Ranged: Heavy

Clone Pilots
2x DC-17 blaster pistol

Clone Naval Officer
1x DC-17 blaster pistol

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:23 am

Granite removes the restraint from the Chief Librarian, being as gentle as he can while still hurrying. If she has been sedated, given the stress on her already, rough handling might worsen her situation, especially if the drugs were given inexpertly. As he goes about it, he calls to the boy in the other cell. "Young man, who are you? Why are you here?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:52 pm

The boy just says, "She was taking me to a temple for school."

Jocasta is groggy and her words slur a bit, informing the others, she says, "Youngling. I was taking them to the Temple before we were attacked."

Jedi Master Tan comes out of the cockpit and rushes to assist with holding Jocasta. "Let's get them to our ship and get out of here." He states.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:16 am

"Got it." He gestures for Ashara to take the kid, then turns back to the bridge consoles to see if he can further cause any shenanigans to cover their disembarking and subsequent escape.
Since we've got the bridge controls, could I tell the ship to do something stupid after we get back to our own ship and detach? I'm sure overloading anything to cause an engine explosion is out of the question in the timeframe we've got. Perhaps give it navigation instructions to ram one of the other enemy ships at full throttle? I would say ramming speed, but technically you can ram at any speed.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:29 pm

Granite rushes into the cockpit for a moment and enter the coordinates to the local star of the system. Once they break free of the ship, it will travel towards the system's sun.

Once everyone is aboard the Vagabond, Granite reseals the air lock and latch. Giving a confirmation to Master Tan, the Jedi master slowly pulls away and turns the ship towards their next destination. Several minutes later, the ship is in hyperspace.

Jedi Masters Tan and Nu collect everyone into the lounge area. "I set the course for the Saleucami system. There's another Force sensitive child that I would like to meet before the Emperor takes her." Jedi Master Nu begins. "I was on Alderaan with young Tomas Chias meeting with his parents. Once I returned to the spaceport for departure, I was apprehended by the clones. After speaking with Master Tan to understand our situation, I believe we should save any younglings that we can find. My second meeting was to be on the moon of Drenzor. I just hope we arrive in time before that child is taken."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:05 am

With their escape to hyperspace, Granite sees they have time to bind wounds and recover. He wasn't yet in any danger of death, but still serious are the wounds and the need to address them. "Sounds worthwhile. Rescuing whomever we can, before they can be hunted down by this new 'Empire'."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:03 pm

* * * * * Several hours later, the starship exits hyperspace and proceeds towards its destination. Having time to recover, Master Jocasta Nu and the young boy feel better and have rested.

Once the ship nears the verdant moon, the two Jedi Masters direct the ship towards a small town on a sea coast, before being turned away. Checking over their sensors, they detect another ship in the area and fly towards it.

"We're going to land near another ship out in the jungle. We believe they may be allies." Master Tan states to the others as they begin the landing sequence.