Chapter 3: Polis Massa Base

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Let me know which direction you want to go. You're safe now on the base, so you can play it safe for a bit or do something else.
"We had farms back home, too. They weren't big, because everybody ate a lot of fish." Hedala comments. "So what are you going to do now?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Shoshannah smiles and says, "I'm not really sure. I have to think about it."

She thinks the smart thing to do would be to lay low as long as possible, but she finds herself itching to do something to help people--but she's not sure what.
I'm not sure what to do next. Shoshannah would be interested in following up on the weaponization of the Blue Shadow virus, but I don't see any obvious leads to follow.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:21 pm

"What about that place you mentioned. Iego?" She stumbles a bit over the pronunciation of the planet's name. "You helped my friends and you said those other Jedi found the cure there. Maybe if you found more of it, then you could help more people."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:43 pm

Shoshannah's face changes from pensive to smiling brightly. "That's a wonderful idea, Hedala." She ruffles the child's hair affectionately. "I think I'll do that. I'll have to see if anyone wants to join me." She looks at Janos. "Any interest in finding a way to fight this weaponized version of the Blue Shadow virus?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:00 am

"I'm game, though I have no medical training," Janos assents with a nod. "If you need someone that's good with computers though, I'm your Jedi."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:40 pm

If there's anything you want to do or get before we depart, post today or this weekend. On Monday, we'll hyperdrive ahead a bit to Iego.
Hedala smiles back to Shoshannah. When Shoshannah asks her questions, the young girl jumps up and down with her hand raised repeating, "I want to go! I want to go!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:59 pm

Shoshannah considers a moment before replying to Hedala. This could be dangerous--but it was customary to expose the children of the Jedi Order to danger early on, as part of training them for a life of service. And she wasn't sure be cooped up in this base was a good thing for a young, active girl. She tells Hedala, "I can't promise you anything, but I'll talk it over with the Jedi Masters."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:27 am

"As a Knight, I take responsibility for her protection," Janos says. His tone suggests nothing of pride, but he is more confident in his abilities with a lightsaber than in those of Shoshannah. "I was younger than her when I first accompanied my master. But she'll have to be quiet and we cannot mention that we are Jedi except in an extreme circumstance. Even in a system as remote as Iego, that could be a death sentence. The criminal underworld is as much the law there as official forces, so we must step carefully."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:34 pm

After returning to the facility, Jedi Knight Granite and Padawan Uri split up with Tomas and Uri heading to find Master Tan and Granite to find some additional staff to continue placing sensor beacons.

After a few minutes, the two young Jedi find Master Tan meditating. "Come in," he says aware of their arrival. Opening his eyes, the Torgruta stands and smiles. Youngling Tomas stands alongside Padawan Uri. "Is there a problem?" he asks.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:35 pm

When they join the master, Uri interrupts the master's meditation looking a little guilty as he explains happened.

"Uh, yes and no. While we were out setting up a safe perimeter, we discovered some small rocks that glow when we picked them up, and then disappear in clouds of dust, when a large worm burrowed up and attacked us. Then, a cloud of lightning appeared suddenly and caused it to flee, after I told Tomas to pick one of the rocks and throw it. A flash of lightning hit one of the technicians who came with us. He was stable, but badly hurt, so Knight Granite and the other techies carted him off to the medbay. We aren't completely sure how it all happened."