Chapter 3b: Polis Massa Base Exterior

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:49 am

After hearing that the wounded man could survive and find treatment on his own, Uri breathes a sigh of relief. "I hope so," he replies to the techie. "Thank you for your help, I'm very sorry he got injured. We'll do everything we can to make sure he survives."

Unable to leave the crying youngling alone, Uri turns and takes a knee to go down to his level. "Tomas?" He puts a hand on Tomas' shoulder. "Relax, he's still alive, and there is a chance for him to recover, and be healed. Hey, now is not the time for that." He uses a cuff to wipe the boy's face. "Alright..." Mentally, he stalls a bit. Ummmmm... "Look here, and listen."

Then, Uri proceeds to give Tomas a lecture he's heard more times than he can remember. Enough that he's heard it in his sleep. Even given it in his sleep. Ironically, one it seems he's failed to heed.

"Nothing can make any situation more dangerous as becoming ruled by our emotions. This is a lesson that we've all had to learn. For you especially - for you, me, and Granite - giving in to our emotions, or lashing out with the power we have been gifted with, is giving in to the Dark Side. A..." he grasps for an explanation, "a terrible, harmful nature, that can only be used to destroy. Our enemies, our friends, even ourselves... You've only just begun to train, Tomas. You can still become a Jedi. A Jedi has to be strong, and we all start by being strong in 'here'." He points at the boy's chest. "Do you understand?"

Even as he says all of this, Uri can feel eyes on himself.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:25 pm

The youngling tries to hold back his tears and regain his composure. Glancing outside towards the storm, he asks, "But how did I do that? I can barely lift a rock." As he speaks, he picks up a rock with his hand and a light blue aura begins to form around the fist sized rock. After half a minute or so, the rock disintegrates into dust and falls to the ground. "I didn't even do anything to the rock. I just picked it up." He states.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Granite pats the youngling on his shoulder, trying to be reassuring as well. "Perhaps your gifts are manifesting in strange ways, and you do not yet have control of your abilities." He pauses. "Or it could be you did nothing out of the ordinary, and the rocks have unknown properties or this storm causing chaotic effects. We do not know enough to draw conclusions, and in all cases there is no guilt that falls upon your shoulders."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:25 pm

"The Dark Side can give you power in the moment, but like I said, it's dangerous, and it comes with a price. First, you must master yourself, embrace harmony and balance, and then you will unlock true mastery of the Force. We know, you're only trying to help. Just be careful. Remember what you learned today, okay?"

Uri stands up and looks outside to see if the storm shows any signs of stopping anytime soon. Despite his superior vision in the dark, the bright flashes of lightning cause him to flinch involuntarily and squint, as one would from the soundwaves of a hammer pounding nails through wood loudly and very close by.
If I can, I want use Leadership to make a check for indoctrinating the child into the Jedi teachings. He's basically just repeating what he's been told. Also, his mentor's ghost is practically hovering over him right now. He has some inner reflecting to do later. :lol:

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:22 pm

The youngling holds his words as he listens to the two elder Jedi. He nods along with their comforting statements, as if he understands and is following what they mean.

After several minutes, the unnatural storm begins to break apart. A few minutes after that, the storm disappeared as quickly as it appeared. There's no sounds or tremors of the worms.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:43 am

Granite is the first out of their impromptu bolt hole, taking the lead in discovering what has become of their situation. "Sounds like everything is fine, but give me a sec to make sure there isn't anything dangerous left over."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:27 pm

Granite steps out of the tunnel and he doesn't see any immediate threats. There are several scorched areas from lightning strikes, but the visible surface appears clear of threats. The sky has some dust particles remaining in the area, giving the area some light shade, but the dust particle layer is quickly dispersing and doesn't affect anyone's sight. Additionally, there's no tremors or signs of the large worms.

Inside the tunnel, Tomas has went silent. Over the last few minutes, his attitude has improved, but he's shied away from the wounded technician. No doubt, he is feeling remorse and guilt concerning the man's condition.

Padawan Uri watches Tomas as he wanders around the mouth of the tunnel. As the youngling picks up rocks, the smaller ones glow for a second and nearly immediately turn to dust. The effect seems to consistent with the size of the rocks, the larger the rock the longer it remains stable until disintegrates.

Meanwhile, the unwounded technician watches Tomas and becomes interested in the rocks as well. Walking over to the youngling, the man says, "Let me see one of those rocks." As Tomas hands him a rock, it glows and then disintegrates.

Smiling, the man reaches down and grabs a rock for himself. However, the rock doesn't emit the strange light blue aura nor does it immediate disintegrate. "Interesting." Looking at Tomas, he says. "These rocks appear the same as the ones at the dig site. Nothing special about them, except when you touch them."

As Granite surveys the surface, the technician turns towards Uri, he says "Padawan, come here and see what happens when you pick up a rock."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:34 pm

Confused, Uri joins the technician and Tomas and picks up a rock.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:50 am

As he surveys the surroundings, Granite also idly picks up a couple rocks and throws them in random directions, seeing if anything special happens with him.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:57 pm

Both inside the worm tunnel and outside, the two Jedi reach down and picks up a rock. As their fingers begin to touch the rock and as they grasp the rock within their palms, the rocks glow with a blue aura. The color is slightly darker than they remember seeing with Tomas, but it is the same color. Within moments of holding the rock, it turns to dust before either could throw or examine it further. Repeat attempts to hold rocks result in the same experience - a blue aura and then crumbling to dust.