Chapter 3b: Polis Massa Base Exterior

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 am

"Maybe we could seal it off with something they can't break through."

Engrossed in the enigmatic figure walking beside him, Uri finally decides to start probing him. "Master Tan said you fought off a pirate boarding party together. What did you do before that?"
I'm going to assume that today it will be ok to keep wearing our jedi armor. What kind of protection is Granite wearing?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:34 pm

The warrior looks wistfully at his cybernetic left hand, powering up the repulsor charge and rearranging the fingers into a solid fist, then lets the charge wind down and returns the hand to normal. "I trained to be a Temple Guard, protecting the Younglings, the Masters, our lore and heritage. Then the War came, and I spent most of my time on the front lines." His Helm covers his full face, but it is obvious he is staring at nothing, lost in memories.

"Some of the time I was primarily there to guard the back of one of the Masters, but probably the majority was spent leading Clones into battle. Whether against pirates such as the boarding you mentioned, small raids, or even in the vanguard of pitched battle. It has ... been a long war." He falls silent.
Since this is still a dangerous area, Granite is wearing his Jedi Commander Armor (Temple Guard visual appearance). Once they start going out on missions off-world, he'll have to look into getting less obvious armor. And put away his lightsaber, sticking with a vibro-ax and repulsor fist.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Uri looks into Granite's visor, trying to listen to the emotions in his voice. "It was. I mostly patrolled the supply depot on Boonta. When I was off duty, I helped around the armory. I didn't mind cleaning the blasters."

He keeps talking to fill the empty silence.

"Most of the action I saw had to come to us, and I would hide in ambush. Sometimes it felt like that was the best option for me. Machines don't feel pain, they don't get tired. The rare times when I got into open skirmishes, I told the troopers what to do, and it was their job to protect me. The Masters were so strong. The pair of them could take out more droids than our whole battalion, without breaking a sweat. I wanted to be like that, too. My Master was going to take me to Coruscant to take my trials. I could have been a full Jedi Knight, if not for... whatever, whoever, was behind all of this."

(He might be misremembering the personal power of the Masters. To him, they were larger than life.)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:29 pm

The Jedi, youngling, and Tomas follow the scanner readings for a bit revealing the passage's direction and a rather large cavern space along the tunnel rather close to the facility.

We'll be moving on to next chapter soon, we can continue here until we're ready. Chapter 4 will be a full party chapter rather than small teams.

Chapter 4 will begin with Uri briefing the other Jedi about the rocks, mining guild, Mustafar, etc. just to give you a heads up. I'll post the big picture story/facts, but then the others may have other questions for you and Granite.