Chapter 3c: Follow the Vines

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 pm

Hedala nods in agreement and says, "I made a new friend. That's Roger." She says pointing to a repurposed and modified B1 Battle Droid. "I can stay here and talk with him. He has lots of stories."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:09 pm

Shoshannah considers for a moment. "Well, alright, if we do that, you let him tell the stories. Don't tell anyone much about us, okay? And especially ..."--she leans in and whispers in the girl's ear, so the droid can't overhear--"don't tell anyone about us being Jedi or using the Force." She looks over at Janos, still wanting his opinion.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Hedala nods at Shoshannah's request. "Let's go Roger." She says as she walks over to take a seat and listen to more stories about droids and his adventures before he was repurposed on Iego.

Meanwhile, Janos and Shoshannah collect the shovel from their ship and prepare to head down into the canyons to find the root of the carnivorous vines.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:14 am

"I'm okay with it," Janos says, finally. "But it does worry me, leaving her here. I think I'd rather we'd not brought her, but that vessel has already departed. Let's go."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:37 pm

Shoshannah nods and says, "I agree with you. On the other hand, this may well be what the rest of her life is like. Perhaps it's better that she get used to it sooner rather than later. I just hope she can hold her tongue."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:29 pm

With Heldala as safe as they can arrange at short notice for the time, the two Jedi turn their attention back to the cliffs which they must descend into the canyons to find the roots of the vines. Tendrils of the vine cover the buildings and walkways of the city. However, the plants' roots are within the canyon where their deadly, carnivorous structures protecting its base.

"And watch out for the Xandu!" Jaybo shouts as the two Jedi leave hearing distance.

Okay, a few climbing checks. Let's say 3 to get to bottom. On failure, you'll drop down a bit. To prevent this from being too deadly of a drop, let's say 3 checks, failure is short distance failure.

Short damage is 10 - soak and 10 strain, so you couldn't survive 2 falls without healing/resting. Athletics/Coord Successes (rolled after climb failure) reduce wounds by 1, Adv reduces stress by 1, a triumphs prevent any wounds.

Summary:
3 Checks to get to bottom of canyon
Climb = Athletics check vs Difficulty 2p
(On Failure) Falling Damage = Athletics/Coordination (whichever is better) vs Difficulty 2p

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:14 pm

Shoshannah turns around and shouts back, "What's a Xandu?" She looks down the cliff side and says, "I wonder if it would be easier to rent some sort of small flyer?"
Is there anything stopping us from flying our ship down to the bottom where the roots are? Or is it too tight a fit?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:47 pm

There's not enough clearance for the ship to get down there.

Without a response from Jaybo, the two Jedi turn to look down the canyons. Swooping up from below comes a large flying creature. The six-eyed, large eared aerial mammavian species flew using four wings.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Shoshannah looks at the creature with both apprehension and curiosity. "Yes, I think it might be better to rent small flyers."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:44 pm

"We can try the vulture droids," Janos says. "I think I could manage the climb, but not with those creatures harassing me. I think we may want some blades as well."