Chapter 3c: Follow the Vines

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:21 pm

I had another segment here planned, but since you and Rory are the two active. I'm going to skip over this part (for now) and speed up the threads so we can get both of you in the same game thread. Look to end this chapter really soon next week and we'll move on with the next part.

Expect a few more posts next week, but hopefully chapter to wrap up before next weekend.
Janos nods at Shoshannah's suggestion agreeing with her logic. The pair leave Heldala alone in the ship for now with orders to not leave the ship until they return.

The Jedi pair easily find Bay 2 as indicated by Jaybo. In the bay, they see a Corona-class armed frigate and a few persons standing and sitting outside the ship with a loader droid nearby.

When approached by Janos and Shoshannah, the group turns to face the Jedi and Janos is unable to prevent himself from letting out a huge sigh when he recognizes the buyers. "Well, well, my friend, our paths cross again. " The weequay says as he puts his hand on Janos's shoulder.

"And I see you have made a new friend. Have you come to accepted my offer? I could use people like you with unique talents." The weequay states. "You see, I have recently left the Ohnaka Gang and I'm looking for a smaller crew. I found that I was no longer welcome in my own gang. Skragg is now running that, and believe me," he says as he leans into both of the Jedi, "stay away from her, she's ruthless."

"Greetings," he says to Shoshannah, "I don't believe we've met. If you're running with him, then I believe you can do better than him. You should join my new crew. I am thinking of rebranding my partners as Ohnaka Transport Solutions. I believe that has a ring to it. I especially like the Ohnaka part. Can I persuade you to join us for a drink? It’s a tradition, in the name of friendship." The weequay smuggler asks.

Janos quickly shakes his head indicating to respond with a no for drinks, for a reason he might need to tell her later. "No, we're just here for business. I believe you have a deal with Jaybo from Iego?" Janos asks.

"Yes, yes, my friend." He replies. "You have brought the cargo here, as requested?"

"Follow me and you better bring that droid." Janos replies.

An hour or so later, the last of the three cargo containers is off loaded from the ship. Hondo stays behind to speak with Shoshannah and Janos, "It was awful what the Empire did you your group. If you ever need work, I can always use crew members with your skills and glow sticks."
You can talk with Hondo a bit, explore the station, or head back to the facility. Once we get back to the facility, you and Rory will level up and I'll start a new thread just for you two. I don't really want to add any more combat to this thread since you're the only active and your character doesn't specialize in combat.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:53 pm

Shoshannah breaths a sigh of relief, was this seems to be someone Janos has some level of trust with. Shoshannah smiles at Hondo and says, "Thank you for your offer. At the moment, I'm working with another group." After a moment's thought, she adds, "But let's stay in touch. I'm sure there may be a time we could use your services. Depending on the circumstances, we might pay in cash or in ... an exchange of favors." She didn't doubt the Jedi might well need to make use of smugglers in the future.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:30 pm

Honda Ohnaka smiles at Shohannah's offer. "We will meet again, friends." The smuggler's crew looks excited to have finally offloaded their cargo. A few moments later, the buyers exited their landing bay.

Janos turns to Shoshannah and says, "I have a bad feeling about that transaction." Turning back to the ship, he says, "I didn't see much of an Imperial presence here. They must be occupied elsewhere or this station is low on their priority list."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:29 pm

Shoshannah asks Janos, "Are you worried he might sell us out? I was hoping we could find a droid to mind Hedala, but it might be best to leave quickly, given he knows who we are. Maybe we can find or modify a suitable droid back at the base."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:44 pm

"Hondo would absolutely sell us out, but only if he didn't think there was the potential to profit from our association in the future," Janos responds. "That's as wily a being as any I have ever met. I think our secret is safe with him, at least until his back is up against the wall. I agree that we should leave quickly though, trouble follows him."
Sorry for the long silence. As Shurijo mentioned, I've been dealing with a lot IRL. I should be good to post more regularly now though. Thank you for your patience.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:14 pm

That's fine. I understand having a busy life off-line all to well.
Shoshannah sighs. "So, he's a useful contact, but not one we would do something like share the location of our base with? Alright, let's let Jaybo know we did the deal and get out of here as soon as we can."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:55 pm

With the deal completed, the Jedi reboard their ship. After checking on Hedala, they prepare to depart with making the pre-flight checks and requesting departure from the station's control. With the Reeska root in hand and when they arrive back at Polis Massa, Shoshannah can use facility's laboratory to extract and reproduce the cure for the deadly Blue Shadow Virus. Once the Reeska's genome has been decoded and some of the cure created, she can distribute her findings to organizations that can use the information in case of an attack. Additionally, they could cultivate the Reeska plants using the roots to grow more of the plants under supervision and control so that they don't grow large enough to become deadly.

Meanwhile, Hedala returns to reading the books she's found aboard the ship and Janos ensures the ship is clear to take off. Unsure of both Jaybo and Hondo, Janos also inspects the cargo bay to ensure there's no unwanted devices left behind by either of the two. Finding no unwanted devices, he returns to the cockpit and settles in for liftoff.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:29 pm

We'll be moving on to next chapter soon, we can continue here until we're ready. Chapter 4 will be a full party chapter rather than small teams.