Chapter 4: Red Blades

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat May 29, 2021 2:05 pm

Between these two distractions, Uri sees his chance to squeak by over to Janos!
Stealth YYY!
I'm going to take a Boost from Granite's blustering, if I may.

If I get spotted: Misdirect on the one who notices me, and keep on going. Get stuck on a deadhead shift that gets too long, and you start seeing things...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun May 30, 2021 8:03 pm

Shoshannah
Charm skill 2y 1g
boost: Kill with Kindness (only removes setbacks, doesn't add boost, but I'm going to add boost)
difficulty: ppp
total: yygb ppp
result: 2 advantage (which is a failure, since no successes)

Granite distract
Deception
Granite skill = gg
diff ppp
total: ggppp
result: 1 threat (which is failure, since no successes)

Uri
Stealth skill 3y
diff ppp
total: yyyppp
result: 1 success, 1 threat, 1 triumph

triumph = Identify method of distracting opponent for entire scene

Jedi Shoshannah tries to talk her way out of the situation, but the supply chief isn't falling for her story. The Mustafarian supervisor walks towards Shoshannah with a stern look on his face and hands waving at her.

Seeing this, Jedi Knight Granite realizes Shoshannah needs another distraction. The Jedi Knight begins shouting at the other Mustafarians working on the broken the lifter droid.

The Mustafarian supply chief glances back and forth between Shoshannah and Granite, two of the new transport crew members, and he begins to feel something isn't right and realizes that they are tricking him. Lifting up his datapad, he prepares to alert for the local authorities...

As Shoshannah and Granite attempt to diffuse the situation, Jedi Padawan Urizen slips away unnoticed. Moving slowly, the padawan comes upon a stream of oil leading from the broken lifter droid to the nearby warehouse. The broken droid must have been leaking oil for a while since the trail has puddles of oil near the warehouse and other locations in between where the droid paused.

Hiding behind a stack of crates, the padawan uses his utility belt to create a spark igniting flammable liquid trail. The fire quickly takes off and moves down the oil towards the broken lifter droid and back towards the warehouse. Once the flames reach the droid, it erupts into flames. While a puddle of oil ablaze under its feet, the droid is unable to control itself spins out of control knocking the technicians and Granite out of its way.

The flaming lifter droid then runs off into the warehouse leaving an even bigger oil trail which sets the landing pad ablaze. When the broken droid enters the warehouse, crates and other items stored there catch fire causing an even bigger fire once combustible and flammable products begin to erupt and explode.

Seeing the warehouse in flames, the supply chief forgets about the noisy transport crew and runs towards the building calling out to the others. The Mustafarians take a moment to read the situation and for the shock to wear off before they join the supply chief rush towards the warehouse.

With the opportunity presented, Shoshannah, Granite, and Uri have a clear path to join up with Janos or assist the Mustafarians with putting out the warehouse and landing pad fires.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun May 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Janos, meanwhile, lets events unfold as they may. He trusts his team to cover for him for the moment.
Y'all seem to have this well in hand. I keep working.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon May 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Fire! That'll solve the problem! But the stealthy, broody padawan did not foresee the droid going haywire! As the fire quickly spins out of control, Uri winces several times, but is delighted by the light show.

He joins Janos without any trouble. "Uh, I didn't... That was not my - Easy. That was not easy. That was 100% my intention. Now we've got our opening. See?"

The boy's broken sentences do more than merely hint to a bold front. Regardless, he looks toward the landing pad they were all trying to reach, and back to Master Janos, waiting for approval.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 31, 2021 7:40 pm

Shoshannah simultaneously feels relief and pity for the burning droid.

She tries to move both quickly and discretely to join Janos while the opportunity presents itself. "Let's do this before they get everything straightened out and the foremen decides to visit our ship to have a talk with us."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:26 am

The elder Jedi only sighs as the others join him. The droid itself doesn't bother him, but he hopes the workers aren't harmed by the accident/sabotage.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:36 pm

The Mustafarians live on a lava planet, so fire isn't too big of a danger. They (species) are well suited (suited in physical sense/outfits, and suited in common sense) about it. So I wouldn't worry too much about the fire. It'll be more of a nuisance than any real danger since most supplies would be hardened against fire due to proximity to lava.

In short, they are better prepared to hand a fire than a flood or any other disaster type.
The group meets up with Janos near the second landing pad. As the Jedi Knight surveys the area, he determines three different routes: 1) make their way across the high visible landing pad and onto the guarded Lambda shuttle; 2) make their way to the facility's door and jack into the security controls; 3) make their way into the facility to search for other data ports.

The types of data he might acquire from these methods include: shuttle data to include flight logs; facility security data to include entry logs; and other possible data and logs could be captured from within the facility.
Okay, we're all back together.

Janos + Shoshannah has the best rolls for data capturing.

Difficulty will be rpp for capturing the data (not looking at it, just grabbing a "data dump") onto the datapad, so you can review it at a later time.

Difficulty for reading the data as it's being captured increases the time and difficulty by 1 setback (in this case, if you needed a stealth check, you'd need to make 2 stealth checks, etc. but only 1 computers roll).

You'll need to get to one of the three destinations above (shuttle, door, inside). Going inside would require unlocking the door which is easier than downloading data from it. Just unlocking it would be ppp difficulty (instead of rpp to get log data).

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Shoshannah says, "I think our best bet is to go to the facility's doors and jack in there. If that doesn't work out, we can try breaking in and accessing other ports inside."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:21 pm

"Got it, I got your back. I'll try to mind trick anyone who takes notice."
No objection to trying the computers first, then breaking in. I can roll Stealth if I see anyone coming and hit them with Misdirect.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:08 am

"Yeah, take the lead. We've got your back."
Happy to lend a hand, at least providing a Boost to these technical rolls.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."