Chapter 5B: Allegiances

After Order 66, few Jedi dare to venture outside the shadows—rumors of the dark and terrible Darth Vader haunting even their waking moments. Yet, some Jedi find this life of fear unbearable. The Empire is always watching, and Vader himself is eager to confront any Jedi that might bring him closer to the whereabouts of his betrayer, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:10 am

The Jedi Knight gestures to the floor opposite him and waits for a moment to see if the Grand Inquisitor will sit. Either way, he chooses to engage his adversary in conversation. "Let's say I take your evidence at face value," Janos states (doing nothing of the kind). "If everything presented were true, why would someone want to join this new Empire you have thrown your lot in with? The threat of torture notwithstanding, of course."
If he comes close enough, I would like to use Sense on him to determine his emotional state. I won't use any DS pips, but if I get a LS pip I'd like to read surface thoughts.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:39 pm

"Aren't you tired of running? You'll either be found a traitor to the Empire or you can work to better the galaxy. There are threats, common to the Republic and Empire, that still exist in the galaxy that your skills can be used to combat." The Grand Inquisitor states.
Janos
UTF - 2 Force Rating
Skill = Discipline = yg
Opposing skill = Vigilance = 2y 2g = 2 red 2 purple
total: ff yg rr pp

result: 2 lightside 1 darkside
result: 1 failure 1 threat

Opposed because this is vs Force User (Rival, named NPC, etc.)
Janos tries to sense the Grand Inquisitor's emotional state, but the Inquisitor's mental fortitude is too great to penetrate. "I can train you in the arts, so you can grow your abilities. There are artifacts that can enhance your connection to the Force. Those that can make you stronger."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:18 am

"Fine. Show me what you have to offer. If I decide I don't like what you've got, you can execute me later," Janos adds wryly.
I don't know if you want a Deception roll, but Janos does not intend to actually join the Empire. He'll lie to see if he can escape later, however.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:51 pm

The Grand Inquisitor lays down another set of documents with both Republic Intelligence and Imperial Intelligence seals.

"While the war is essentially won, its not over. There are Separatist holdouts. Months before the Clone Wars began, the terrorist group Roshu Sune began a bombing campaign killing civilians and destroying buildings across Antar 4. They fought against the Republic and they continue fighting against the Empire. They are anarchists. If they cannot be stopped, then the Empire will use their full force to quell the resistance."

"Captain Berch Teller of Imperial Intelligence has been stationed on the moon since before the end of the wars. We would like you to assist Teller to infiltrate and eliminate the terrorist group."
The Roshu Sune would have been active just before Clone Wars began, so you were probably a padawan or near Knighthood. You're probably not very familiar with the group, but Republic Intelligence was stationed there and trying to eliminate them before the war started and now they're back.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:47 am

Janos isn't quite sure he's being told everything he would like to know, but doesn't seen an alternative. "Very well. I'll want my lightsaber back."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:15 pm

The Grand Inquisitor states, "Your lightsaber will be too much of a distraction and cause for concern. Your safety could not be guaranteed around the troopers, since your colored lightsabers indicate yourself as a traitor to the Empire. You will need to bleed your crystal and turn the blade red. Or use one of my inquisitors' blade until you are ready to use your own lightsaber. Are you ready to bleed your crystal red?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:38 pm

"I think we both know the answer to that question," Janos responds quietly. "I will accept a temporary blade, however."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:14 pm

The Grand Inquisitor smiles as he says, "You will be accompanied on your task. Please do not fail the Empire. For the safety of the planet, these terrorists attacks must be eliminated."

He waits to see if there's any further questions, before turning to leave. "You will depart in the morning. We will make the shuttle preparations and alert Captain Teller of your arrival."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:18 pm

'Very well," Janos agrees resignedly. "I would like the rest of my equipment back, and the addition of slicing gear could be useful."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:28 pm

"The Jedi betrayed my trust. Do not make the same mistake. The Empire grows every day. Soon, there will be no place in the galaxy that you can hide. The time of the Jedi is over, use your abilities and skills to better the galaxy, to better the Empire." The Grand Inquisitor turns and departs Janos' room.

The next morning, food is delivered to Janos' room along with a backpack. The backpack contains various field equipment needed for the operation. In addition, the provided datapad contains maps and other key data elements needed for the mission.