Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Muskrat » Fri May 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Rayne says, "Well, if they are taking over, all the better reason to reach an understanding with them. How often do they contact you?"

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sun May 16, 2021 3:03 pm

As Rayne needles the Rodian for information, Resyr begins to look around the secret store room for anything of interest. The boosted items may tell their own tale of how they ended up in Krenzo's shop. If nothing else, the squad could walk away with some free slicer gear and other goodies of interest.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon May 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Resyr perception check
skill yyg
diff ppp
result 1 success 2 adv
Resyr finds the shelves lining the walls stocked with luxury goods, trinkets, and unidentifiable knickknacks from all over the galaxy. Among the items are liquor, cigarras, and small art objects. Most of the items he spots, he assumes, aren't that expensive and even the top end goods couldn't even be worth more than 50 credits.

When the Mandalorian enters the stockroom, he finds the more valuable commodities. A number of crates marked with Consortium symbols are stacked in a corner and covered with a tarp. The crates are still sealed. The Consortium, the organization who hired and paid the Mandalorians, might be interested to learn more of their cargo was found in Krenzo's shop--or the Mandalorians could liberate the stolen goods for themselves.

At the rear of the shop, Resyr eyes a sliver of light coming from between a pair of alloy double doors. The double doors, Resyr assumes, must lead to the back alley where Krenzo initially fled in his attempted getaway.

When Resyr returns to the main room, his eyes spot a hidden compartment behind the showroom's counter.

Meanwhile, the other two Mandalorians, a destroyed labor series droid, and the Rodian shopkeeper are within the main showroom. Rayne continues her line of questioning and the Rodian replies, "I don't know. There's no schedule for these sorts of things. If you let me live, I'll do anything."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Rayne turns to Lorn and says, "I suppose we could do something that would draw Crimson Dawn's attention--give them a reason to come deal with Krenzo." She's thinking it would be a simple matter to start some rumors but doesn't want to say anything more in front of Krenzo. Instead, she looks towards the back, curious to see what Resyr finds.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 am

"Sure, we could throw him out into the street on his face and accuse him of all sorts of nefarious dealings," Lorne says with a chuckle.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue May 18, 2021 5:55 pm

"Please, please," the Rodian begs. "This is my life's work. I've told you everything I know." The fence shifts back and forth.

The sound of the shop's door opening makes the Mandalorians and Krenzo glance in that direction. However, the Mon Calamari take a look at the situation and quickly turns to leave muttering "Nope, not going to get involved." The Mon Cal pushes the door open hoping to leave before becoming involved.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 24, 2021 9:40 pm

Rayne leans towards Krenzo and says, "Then give us some ideas about how to attract the Crimson Dawn's attention that won't ruin you. What would make them want to come deal with you?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue May 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Resyr returns to the main room and informs the others, "There's a lot of goods, trinkets, and knickknacks back there. There's also some Consortium crates. I'm sure they'll be interested in learning about that." When Krenzo hears the Mandalorian mention Consortium crates, he becomes even more noticeably uncomfortable.

"I'd need something that they want. Something that nobody else has. I don't know what they want though. If... You could put your armor on the market, if you're looking for a collector. Others would need to confirm it's authenticity, so word would travel back to them, so it could take a few days."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue May 25, 2021 7:14 pm

Rayne says, "Interesting proposition. Let me consult with my colleagues." Out of Krenzo's hearing, she says, "It would be a gamble, but it seems worth it to me. We may find out who took Tristan's armor this way."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu May 27, 2021 4:56 am

"Sure, why not. Say there's some armor to be purchased and see who comes nosing around."