Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:17 pm

What's the plan?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:52 pm

Rayne approaches Krenzo and says, "Alright. We'll put my armor up for sale--though I intend to reclaim it after this goes through. Now, I know we're asking a lot of you, so any money that you make off the 'sale' of my armor, you get to keep. And we'll also pay you a, ah, finder's fee for putting out the word. 500 credits up front and 500 more on completion of the deal. And if things go especially well, we can pay you a bonus. How does that sound?" She looks at Krenzo closely, as well as listening to the tone of his voice, trying to see if they've managed to buy his loyalty and preparing to offer him more if necessary.
Presence 3/ Negotiation 0

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:24 pm

"Killing him would be simpler," Resyr quips. The Mandalorian continues to rummage through the trove of black market goods. After again checking for traps, he pops open one of the Consortium crates. He knew we were aware of his smuggling, but still seemed jittery about these. It's at least worth a look.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:36 pm

Krenzo hastily accepts the deal. In fact, he looks like he'd say anything to be able to walk away from this encounter. "Yes, yes."

Meanwhile, Resyr rummages through the crates and finds a smattering of proscribed goods, such as spice, light weapons, and cybernetics.

"Hey! Get out of those!" The Rodian shouts as he hears the crates in the backroom opening.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:43 pm

Rayne sighs. She was hoping to make Krenzo feel invested in this profit-wise, not just because he was terrified for his life.

She takes off her helmet and says to him, "Okay, what are the next steps? How soon will you need my armor if you're going to successfully entice a buyer?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Krenzo shrugs, "Mandalorian armor is worth a lot to the right buyer. Some are collectors. Others bounty hunters wanting to look like Mandalorians or claim they killed one and took their armor. If this was beskar, then it would be rather fast."

The Rodian feeling a bit better about his chance of survival stands up and taps on Rayne's armor. "Not bad. I'm sure it'll fetch a nice price. A few days at most. Word travels fast for items such as this."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:12 pm

"Alright then," says Rayne. "We'll check in with you daily. Let me know when you will need the armor on hand. Till then, I intend to keep wearing it."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:35 pm

Krenzo starts to say something then changes his mind, then starts to say it a second time this time finding the words. "It'll be harder to fence something they can't see." The Rodian shrugs knowing it's possible for a buyer to purchase an unseen item such as this, but his credibility and name is on the line as well. "Okay. Good day." He says as he moves over to collect the pieces of his labor droid.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:27 pm

Rayne considers this for a long moment. "Alright then," she says, sighing. "I'll leave the armor with you and hope I don't get in too much trouble between now and when you reel in our prey." She steps into the backroom and takes the armor off there, carefully placing it on a table. To Krenzo, she calls out, "I don't imagine I need to warn you to take very good care of this."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Krenzo nods in understanding, saying, "I'll just show the helmet for verification. And.. And then I let you know who's interested, right?"