Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Othniel » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:54 am

"We're springing an ambush with you out of armor?" Lorne questions the captain. "I don't like it."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:13 pm

"I'm open to alternative plans," says Rayne, "especially since I don't much like it myself."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Rayne says, "Well, from the lack of alternative suggestions, it sounds like an ambush it is." She thinks for a moment. "I'm going to go have a word with Krenzo. We'll want to slip you two in the back--having people in Mandalorian armor just stroll in there might raise the suspicions of our target. I'll leave my comm on though, so you can listen in. That way, if this is a setup, you can intervene." If the others do not object, she heads into Krenzo's shop, trying to maintain a casual appearance while remaining alter for a trap.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:59 pm

"If Krenzo is aware of us, we may be the ones walking into an ambush," Resyr says. "It may be better to have you take up an elevated position and give us cover support."
Edited because autocomplete went to town on me.
Last edited by Bohemond on Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:08 pm

Rayne considers that. "Yes, Krenzo may betray us. The thing is--we don't even know who our target is. We need him to tell us. But it may make sense to set up the ambush outside the shop rather than inside."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Are we losing interest or just slowing down?

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:59 pm

Still interested and invested, just having a rough week. Ready for some interaction, I guess.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:48 pm

Given what people have said, I'm just going to move ahead then.
"Alright," says Rayne. "Why don't you two begin getting set up for an ambush. I'll go see what Krenzo will tell me. As I said, I'm leaving my comms on, so you should be able to hear everything--including any betrayal. And, if everything goes dead silent, I'll trust you to take appropriate action on your own." She smiles grimly at the others, before heading to Krenzo's shop.

She tells the Rodian, "I've come to get some information for our appointment later today."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:33 pm

Resyr and Lorn nods at Rayne's commands. The two Mandalorians set up in positions that give them the advantage of watch both the front door and the back door which Krenzo attempted to flee from during their initial encounter.

Rayne walks towards the shop and pushes the door open. Without her armor, she feels a bit awkward and notices that Krenzo doesn't appear as scared as when she first entered the store on her previous encounter.

When she approaches the shopkeeper, Krenzo leans forward and pushes a piece of hand written note towards her. The sale will happen here, tonight. If I die and don't check in at midnight, then my friends will get a message that will make your stay on Saleucami unpleasant and extended."

Rayne glances down to see the note written in Aurebesh, the "galactic basic" of written languages. The note contains a district name, a warehouse number, and a time.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Rayne looks Krenzo in the eyes and nods. She spends some time in the shop, as if browsing, before exiting and moving to an alley where she can discretely rendezvous with the others.