Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:25 pm

Rayne shrugs at Resyr's words about Tristan. "Well, let's not assume he's dead until we have proof. We don't want to be tricked into thinking he's dead and not rescuing him when he's in some Crimson Dawn holding cell. But that's a good point about the bounty being a set-up." She taps her fingers on the table. "Well, they say the best way to see if something is a trap is to walk into it."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:53 pm

Turning to Resyr, A'den says, "Tristan made contact with the client, so you if you send a message over that secure comm channel, you might get a face-to-face."

The older Mandalorian then states, "Well, what is your decision? Accept the job to bring back the artifacts or take a pass, like some of the others? Alrich can provide descriptions of the weapons, if you haven't seen them before."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:17 am

"I'm in." Lorn folds his arms and looks at the others present. "I mean, sounds fun, right? I'll need the descriptions at any rate."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:49 pm

Rayne nods. "I didn't volunteer to sit things out when I got a mission, even if some others might turn up their noses at it. Yes, images and descriptions of the weapons would be useful."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:05 am

Resyr shrugs. "Recover a priceless symbol of Mandalore. Tangle with a criminal empire. Earn 50,000 credits in the process. What's the worst that can happen? How soon do we deploy?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 pm

A'den Karr nods and then stands. Picking his weapons from the table, he says, "Good hunting." Turning from the table, he motions to the Alrich Wren, the husband of Countess Ursa Wren, leader of Clan Wren.

A few moments later Alrich arrives and takes a seat at the table. The elderly man is dressed in traditional clothing without any armor or helmet. He also appears to hold no weapons.

"Thank you for accepting this task. Your bravery will not be forgotten." The man begins as he pulls out a small disc from his robes. Placing the item on the table, he presses a button which projects a holographic image of the Scabbard Monument of Krownest. The holographic image enlarges to project the monument at least a meter high.

"As you know," Alrich assumes, "the Scabbard Monument held the munit'kad halberd for centuries until recently." As he speaks, he reaches into the hologram and pulls the halberd out of the monument's scabbard. The holographic halberd appears much like a standard halberd. The Mandolorian Iron Heart is shown inscribed into the blade.

The Iron Heart, also known as the Mandalorian Diamond, is an ancient symbol used by Mandalorians since the Mandalorian Excision more than 700 hundred years ago. The diamond is notably featured on nearly all Mandalorian chest parts including both armor and clothing. The symbol is also used throughout the architecture of Mandalorian society, police equipment, and civilian attire.
The Iron Heart is the diamond shape that's in the middle of all Clone Armor and Mandalorian Armor that (most likely) you've ever seen. It is a six sided diamond, pointing up/down, with a rectangle in the middle. You can google Jango or Boba armor, etc. and see it really easily once you know what you're looking for.

Alrich continues, "The Beskaryc Kar'ta," the Mando'a translation of Iron Heart, "is prominent and easy to distinguish. The blade is also made of beskar. If you find a replica, test the blade. The staff is common and would be difficult to distinguish between fake or not, unless you could run scientific analysis."

Leaving the halberd holographic image visible, Alrich then looks over the other Mandalorians and says, "I do not have an image for Ordo's rally master lance. From my memory, the rally master lance held in the Archaic Arsenal of Ordo was made of beskar and was approximately the same size as the halberd. In ancient days, the rally master could use the lance flagstaff as well."

Sounding a bit more professor-like, Alrich begins on a tangent before stopping himself. "The military rank of Rally Master became devalued during the Mandalorian Wars -- someone only needed to speak Mando'a and follow some of the Mandalorian ways. During the Neo-Crusader era, a Rally Master was appointed by Field Marshals to serve as drill sergeants, commanders, and political officers. It was seen as a middle rank, below officers, and an authority over ground forces..."

"Sorry, I went off on a tangent there. I believe the Ordo clans would be most grateful if you were to retrieve their artifact as well. It would help unify the clans of Krownest and Ordo, since they believe we took their lance... And at one time, we believed they took our halberd."

The man takes a few moments and deep breathes. "And then there's the matter of Tristan. Ursa and I advised him to take a team, but he defied our requests. If he is alive, Clan Wren will be forever grateful if you could deliver him back to us. If... if not, then his daughter--my granddaughter--would cherish his armor, if it could be retrieved. The matter of Tristan would normally be Clan Wren's responsibility, as Ursa has continuously reminded me, but I do not hold all of the ancient ways as dear as my lovely wife. Clan Wren will not be able to field a strike team to recover Tristan for another few weeks. If others offer help, I will not refuse it out of a sense of clan loyalty. In this matter, I offer my ship, the Shriek-hawk, as compensation and in the name of Clan Wren. If you succeed on either of your three goals, then you can keep the ship. It is fueled, stocked, and ready to depart. I have reset the starship locks, so you can take ownership."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:20 pm

Rayne stands up and bows to Aldrich. "If we are to restore Mandalor, we must put the feuding between clans in the past and all work to support each other. I would be honored to take on this mission and rescue your son or, failing that, his armor, as well as these priceless artifacts."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:05 am

"As I said before, I'm in." Lorn was enthusiastic before, but learning a new ship was exciting.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:50 pm

Alrich smiles at the offer's acceptance by the group. "The ship is parked in hanger four." Standing up, he holds his hand out to gesture walking together towards the hanger bay. "If there's any other questions, you can contact me via the ship's secure comm channel. Clan Wren will have a team ready in ten to fourteen days depending on the outcome of their current mission. If, by then, you need reinforcements, contact me and we will deploy them to your location."

If no further questions or needs, then we'll enter hyperspace on Monday

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:14 pm

"Do you have a recent image of Tristan and his armor?" Resyr asks. He grabs his helmet and weapons off the table and proceeds to the hangar with the rest of the group.