Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Shurijo » Fri May 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Krenzo implied putting actual armor on market, not just starting a rumor.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm

Rayne says, "If we do that, one of us will have to put their armor up for sale. Even if we're not serious, that person would have to go without their armor for a bit." She pauses for a bit as she thinks it over, then says, "I don't like the thought, but I'd be willing to do it. I'm as much a talker as a fighter--and as team leader, I feel I ought to be the one to make the sacrifice, rather than asking it of either of you."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun May 30, 2021 10:57 pm

"I don't like the idea of any of us going without," Lorne responds back, now taking the meaning.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm

"Neither do I," says Rayne, "but this may be our best way to get a lead, both in terms of our cover and our real mission." She says this last part softly enough so Krenzo shouldn't be able to overhear.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:33 pm

After some thought, Rayne adds, whispering, "Right now, the only reason Krenzo is working with us is because he fears us. Which means he has every incentive to betray us. We need to give him some reason to work with us in good faith. I think we should use some of the money we were given for this mission to pay him a sort-of inverse finder's fee and tell him that any money he managed to make out of this is his to keep. Are there any other ways we could get him to work with us in good faith?"

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:10 pm

Resyr takes a look the secret compartment under the counter, first checking for alarms. "So is no one interested the crates of Consortium goods? Our new friend seems rather fond of them," the Mandolorian says. "Or perhaps he's just nervous about them finding out where some of their goods are being babysat."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:15 pm

Rayne shrugs. "The Consortium already knows that he has their goods. They gave his name to us as a possible lead. What they want to know is how the Crimson Dawn knows when to attack their shipments. If they just wanted their goods back, they could raid this play place themselves. They want us to infiltrate the Crimson Dawn--which, I think for the moment, means trying to ensure Krenzo's good will."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:27 pm

"Yes, fine, let's try that plan," Lorne responds. "But I'm strafing his shop if this goes belly up."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:08 pm

Rayne nods. "The carrot and the stick." She looks to Resyr to see his thoughts on the matter.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:12 pm

I'm assuming you're talking out of hearing range of Krenzo.
Resyr pulls open the secret compartment to reveal dozen of credit chips. A quick glance allows him to estimate there's approximately 3,500 credits stashed away.