Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Shurijo » Tue May 04, 2021 1:48 pm

Resyr
man: draw weapon
act: fire
+ quick strike

skill: 2y 1g
1 boost: quick strike
diff: close range 2 diff

droid
def 0
soak 5
wound threshold 5

total: yy g b pp
result: 4 success
dmg: 7 + 4 = 11 - soak 5 = 6
takes 6 wounds
dead

Resyr quickly draws his holstered heavy blaster pistol and fires from the hip at the ASP-Series Labor Droid. The non-combat supply droid doesn't have any combat armor or programming and the Mandalorian's quick and perfectly aim shot takes the droid offline within seconds of it's activation notice.

* combat over *

Since you took out the droid before the droid's turn, that gives you enough time to catch Krenzo

Would have been cool if you had the device built into your armor that fires a rope to lasso him :)
Lorn quickly jumps over the counter and chases the fleeing fence. As he moves, the carbon scoring blast from Resyr's pistol lingers in the air with a burnt electrical smell of fried electrical circuits and transistors. Speeding around the corner, Lorn catches Krenzo with a tackle.

With Rayne and Resyr standing over the downed droid, Lorn walks Krenzo back into his shop with his hand on the Rodian's shoulder and his heavy blaster pistol thrust into the fencer's back.

Taking a good study of the fencer, the Mandalorians notice that Krenzo is small, even for a Rodian. Based on his shop, its easy for the Mandalorians to figure out that the Rodian learned to make up for his less than average physically capabilities with being smart and savy. His attire is a well fitted suit custom tailored to his small stature physique with the only blemishes being dirt on his knees and elbows sustained from Lorn's tackle.

A quick glance around the shop reveal it is filled with all manner of trinkets and imported luxury goods. All of these items have value for someone, though many of the goods are esoteric enough that only eccentric collectors might prize their true value. A side door leads back to a stockroom filled with numerous marked crates, unreadable from within the main lobby.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed May 05, 2021 6:26 pm

Rayne looms over Krenzo. "You're making this a lot more complicated than this needs to be. If you cooperate with us, we'll be willing to overlook this ... unprovoked attack on your part. Now how about answering our question about the Mandalorian armor. Who was the buyer and why was the seller?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 06, 2021 5:41 pm

Rayne
Coercion 2y 1 g
Krezo opposed 2R
boost for threats

total: yy g b rr
results: 3 success, 1 threat

2 additional success = +1 strain on NPC
threat spent = build resentment in the NPC
Krenzo cowers under the Mandalorian threats. "I... I don't know anything about armor. I run a legitimate business here." The Rodian glances around his shop and scans the Mandalorians up and down pausing while looking at their gear. "If you're looking to sell something, then I can sell anything. There's. There's not been any Mandalorians in these parts since I've been here."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu May 06, 2021 8:06 pm

Rayne backs off and says, "Let's say you did come upon some Mandalorian armor. Who, in theory, might you sell it to?" She goes back to her earlier strategy of not accusing him of anything, leaving him a way to give them the information without actually confessing to anything.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri May 07, 2021 10:23 pm

The Rodian shifts a bit as he looks uncomfortable. "If.. If it was beskar, then I'd sell it myself and retire to somewhere nicer than here." Knowing that's not what they meant, his eyes dart back and forth before giving in to the three towering, armored warriors. "There's a... a collector that buys anything Mandalorian related, but I haven't seen any of those things pass through the city in years."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon May 10, 2021 2:04 am

"We could always drop a rumor about some being on the market, Captain," Lorne suggests.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Rayne nods at Lorne's words, but keeps her eye on Krenzo. "And if we wanted to deal directly with this collector--just to ask some questions you understand--who would we talk to?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue May 11, 2021 12:09 pm

The Rodian says, "I don't know who they are. I just know there's always been word of a big buyer. Every fence in the sector is looking out for anything from before the Empire destroyed the planet. I didn't even know there were any living Mandalorians in the galaxy. Alderaan is another big seller."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue May 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Rayne sighs and says, "Alright then. Looks like we'll have to go with Lorne's suggestion. Now, we also have another matter of business with you." She pauses to gather her thoughts. "Now, I imagine in your line of work, you have dealings with all sorts of people, including some whose activities might be of a dubious nature. If wanted to do business with the Crimson Dawn, would you be able to arrange that for us?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 13, 2021 5:50 pm

The Rodian shifts, "I.. I can try. I don't know how to contact them. Someone from there would contact me. But.. you don't want to mess with them. They are taking over here."