Character Generation

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:22 pm

Character Generation

Initial Character Generation
* Species: Mandalorian
* Wound threshold: 11 + brawn
* Strain threshold: 10 + willpower
* Starting Experience: 105
* Starts game with 1 rank in (choose 1): Brawl, Gunnery, Melee, Ranged - Heavy, Ranged - Light
* Cannot exceed 2 ranks in any skill.
* 5 points of Obligation (cannot take more for credits or xp)
* Spend the 105 xp to purchase characteristics, skills, talents, additional specializations, etc. (normal char gen rules)

Birthright
This is a special phase. The selected weapons, armor, and any armor/weapon attachments are "inherited/family" items. You may purchase additional items with remaining credits.
* Bonus: Mandalorian Armor (soak 2, def 1) -- THIS IS DURASTEEL ARMOR --
* Bonus (choose 1): blaster rifle, two blaster pistols, one heavy blaster pistol, blaster carbine (PM me if you want something else in same price range ~900c, must be 'basic' item)
* Bonus: 400c worth of armor or weapon attachments (cannot keep unused credits)
* Bonus: 20 XP for purchase of Death Watch specialization
* Bonus: 10 XP for purchase of Death Watch talents (2 x 5xp talents)
These are just some from books, anything within price range is okay. Any requirements such as cumbersome are still requirements. Cannot purchase "mods", only "attachments" with these credits.

* armor attachments: Boot Blade (100c), Custom Fit (400c), Helmet Comlink (200c), Integrated Ascension Gear (350c), Integrated Holsters (300c), Multiband Comlink (200c), Passive Foliage Suit (75c), Reinforced Gauntlets (250c)

* weapon attachments: Bipod Mount (100c), Built-in Blaster Sight (150c), Combat Tested (50c), Environmental Adaption Kit (200c), Forearm Grip (250c), H9 Pistol Grip (400c), Integrated Illuminator (200c), Magnetic Weapon Tether (250c), Optimized Energy Cell (100c), Removed Safety Features (250c), Secondary Ion Blaster (400c), Stripped Down (250c), Telescopic Optical Sight (250c), Weapon Sling (100c)
To upgrade your durasteel Mandalorian armor to beskar, you need to purchase the CORTOSIS WEAVE armor modification. This costs 10,000 credits RAW -- However, we'll do this like the D+ series. It will cost 10 beskar bars (1 bar per 1,000 credits). We'll track beskar bars like credits on character sheets. Any lot discovered can be split with PCs.

Post Character Generation
This is treated as "earned XP", so you cannot purchase characteristics with these XP. These XP were earned during your early adult years prior to being "found."
* Bonus: 150 XP
* Spend the 150 to purchase skills, talents, additional specializations, normal "earned xp" rules
* Cannot buy characteristics
* Cannot exceed 3 ranks in any skill

Gear Packages
Credits: 1000 credits for weapons, armor, or gear (can't spend on attachments or mods) rarity 5 and lower.

Mandalorian Perks
* There is an "armorer" at your base, so you auto succeed on installing and modifying gear (assuming its done at base)
* There is a firing range and brawl/melee competitions that can earn you free skill ranks, between chapters -- I'll come up with rules before end of chapter 1. This works sort of like "Mentorship" rules (you'll get discount on ranks, if you score well, etc.).

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:37 pm

Given that there will be just two of us playing PCs, would it make sense for each of us to make two characters? I also had an idea for an Engineer with the Slicer specialization.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Character Generation

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:53 pm

That's fine with me. It means less GM NPCs :D

Have the second character somehow be associated with your primary character (same former House or former Clan, etc.).

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:06 pm

How about someone who isn't Mandalorian by birth but was an orphan adopted by the remnant of Clan Wren? As such, he feels deeply grateful and committed to the Mandalorians, in some ways more than many born and raised in the culture.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Character Generation

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:02 pm

Yes. That's called a foundling. That's the same as "The Mando", his clan rescued him during a Separatist attack on some other world.

There's also a bunch of planets in Mandalore sector/system other than Mandalore that still counts as"Mandalorian." (They are all human worlds, with one minor exception where humans just over populated the natives to the point where humans are predominant.)

Being Clan Wren brings in a bunch of canon characters, so I was trying to avoid having anyone in known clans like that. They could have saved you, then you went to another clan under Wren who were wiped out.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:03 pm

Alright, I'll go with a made-up clan then.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Character Generation

Post by Othniel » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:23 am

So, Muskrat, you're looking at a Slicer (I think that's the Technician career?) and some sort of Commander then? Before we were doing two characters, I was thinking about something in the Bounty Hunter/Soldier/Explorer career area. For a second character, I might consider a pilot unless you're going to cover that with the Slicer.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:43 am

Yes, a Commander (Tactician) and a Technician (Slicer). A pilot sounds like a good addition.

Shuirjo, are we using Obligation from Edge of the Empire or Duty from Age of Rebellion?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Character Generation

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:18 pm

Obligation, but just 5 pts and no exchanges for xp or credits since that's all given as bonus.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Character Generation

Post by Shurijo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Also, let me know if 1000 credits feels okay. I figure after 6000c armor and ~900c weapon, that another 1000c should be able to get some normal gear.

The Obligation would be something you earned prior to rejoining the newly formed House/Clan. Possibly something that happened after you became separated from your home (whichever Mandalorian planet) and before being brought here.

The game will start a few days (or week or so) after you've been "found" and brought back. You've had your orientation, but haven't went on any "missions" for the (Second) Mandalorian Resistance.