Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi Edgarluv, welcome to the game.

Othniel, I'm going to go with the Commander (Tactician).

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:09 pm

For the weapon mods, what do Built-in Blaster Sight, Combat Tested, Environmental Adaption Kit, Integrated Illuminator, and Optimized Energy Cell do? I don't see them listed in the Edge of the Empire core rulebook.

Also, I'm interested in taking Weapon Sling for the additional mod of Quick Draw. How would that work--would it cost an additional 100 credits?

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Character Generation

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:30 am

Here is what those attachments do:

Built-in Laser Sight: Remove [setback] added by the Called Shot use of the Aim maneuver from Ranged Light and Ranged Heavy checks.
Combat Tested: Adds [boost] to Discipline checks.
Environmental Adaptation Kit: Prevents a weapon from breaking down as a result of a specific type of environment.
Integrated Illuminator: Removes up to [2 setback] due to darkness on targets within short range.
Optimized Energy Cell: When GM spends [Despair] or [2 Threat] to cause the weapon to run out of ammo, it requires an additional [Threat].

Regarding the additional mod of Quick Draw on the Weapon Sling, normally you have to mod an attachment (mechanics roll) to add that extra benefit. The first mod on an attachment costs 100c and requires a [3 difficulty] roll to pass. Each additional mod increases the difficulty by 1 purple [difficulty] die.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:53 am

Yes, but we have an armorer, allowing us to auto-succeed at modding gear. But that doesn't answer the question of cost.

Where did you get those descriptions of the mods from? I'd like to know for my own future reference.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Character Generation

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:09 am

I double checked one of the core books. The way I read it, the first mod is 100c, the second is 200c, and so on. The descriptions themselves are gathered from several books, but I have access to all of them in the OggDude character generator (which is a free download). It's a really handy resource.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Character Generation

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:27 pm

I also use OggDude's tool for a quick reference. It'll provide the book and page number for the items, so it's easier to find. Also the SW Index allows you to search that site, and it will tell you the book and pg number as well. https://theouterrim.co/

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Character Generation

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:02 pm

Here's my first pass at my character, Rayne Nakano. Feedback is welcome.

character sheet

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Character Generation

Post by Bohemond » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:10 am

Hello, everyone. I got the approval to get in the campaign from Shurijo. Look forward to playing though I may be asking a tedious amount of questions, as I'm new to the system.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Character Generation

Post by Othniel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:15 am

Welcome aboard! We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Character Generation

Post by Othniel » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Well, I've finished my character, Lorn Kesyk. He's a Technician, so I can try and fix or make all our techy stuff while away from home base. He's decent with a blaster pistol and a pretty good pilot, and sort of an all-around smart guy.