Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

The all-powerful Runelords, near-immortal wizards who ruled Varisia in ancient days, stir to terrible life once more, surging across the frontier with plans to reignite their time-lost empire!
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

Post by Othniel » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:40 am

Myri chuckles as "good moral standing" (considering her own checkered past). "If the eradication of evil is profitable, you can count me in. I do need a new wardrobe.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:54 am

Ale-Cart ...
Possum gladly pockets the copper, and takes back the leather mugs once you've drunk your fill. ... you don't see him clean them right away between customers, but they looked fine when you saw them initially. He probably will clean them in a bit. Probably.

"Well don't let me keep you fine folk from the rest of the Circle Market! There's plenty to see and do, whatever mood you're in for. Wine and drink, hunting for deals, listening to music, probably some dancing here and there. Or watching the dancing, which is especially entertaining once they're deep in their cups." He grins, starting back to the village. "And you've welcome to come back for as much drink as you can down yer hatch. Let me know if'n ye have anythin' specific yer lookin' fer." He seems to be purposefully roughening his speech.

Restaurant ...
"Ah, you're familiar with the Order of Resplendence then, assuming these are the 'arcane sages' you mention." Audranhi pauses to sip at her drink, and pick up one of the cheeses from the tray to nibble on. Some sort of cheddar, looks like. "Rather insular folk, but they seem mostly harmless. And if they end up bringing persons such as yourselves to town, a solid net positive." She moves on to one of the slices meats.

"Have they mentioned any particular difficulties to either of you? You mention them being worried about the violence, but have they gone into specifics?" She seems to be fishing for something.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:52 am

(lol)

Well... mead is mead, right? Rusilka smiles at the image of stumbling dancers, and as the old fellow toddles off, she turns to her fellow travelers.

"Alright. Ah need t' replace some axes. Might do with a visit ta th' apothecary, too." She counts these off on two of her fingers, and burps, expelling a few air pockets that bubbled up after her double-chug. "Wanna check out th' market, an' see if we can find some useful goodies on sale?"
This is a good time for the others to chime in with whatever, or transition us through our purchases at the market - our deals & inventory modifications, etc - and hook us in with directions to the Creekside Tavern. "Useful goodies" should get the bear girl's attention, and hopefully she will learn the value of a copper penny. :lol:

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Sarius nods to the purveyor of drinks, "Thank you, that was certainly needed."

"An apothecary or alchemist would be wise. Maybe some better weapons for you if we can find them.," his eyes scan the stalls and booths in the immediate area, assessing their wares.
I'll post again in a bit with actual shopping, it's been a heck of a couple weeks
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Sarius spies bottles, jars, and bags, "I believe that may be your apothecary, Rusilka." As he begins walking toward the stall, he mentally counts his coins again. "What's wrong with your axes, they seem solid enough."

Slipping into the booth, he begins inspecting the offerings, rejecting some out of hand with only a glance. From the top of his pack, a brilliant blue head arises, the viper familiar looks around before slithering down the wizard's right arm to add his own talents to inspecting the wares.
Bought Antitoxin for 90% discount (5gp final) just in case
Added to sheet already, unless our GM is really intent on poisoning us before we get the chance
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:06 am

"Agh. Haftae replace th' ones Ah lost."

She spies a little bottle labeled "healing" and bumps another shopper to take it for herself.
The axes are just flavor. The axes I chose to replace the crossbow with cost more after I posted, so the handwave on my part is that she lost two that she threw in a fight between Korvosa and Riddleport.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:26 pm

"Ah, yes, replacements..." Sarius is focused on a rack of bottles, the snake's tongue flicking at the more interesting bottles. The mage picks up one of the bottles and holds it out to the familiar, "What do you think, something to ward off poisons?"
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:11 am

Myri glances over at the diminutive dragon. "Order of Resplendence?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:45 am

Ale-Cart...
Traveling into town, Possum points out a few places he thinks you might find useful. Walking in from the northern road, you pass a small worship hall with a very large cemetery running to the west. The old man gives a brief genuflection as they pass, briefly saying that he doesn't wish to meet the Lady of Graves any time soon.
Pharasma. Goddess of Death/Birth/Fate/Prophecy. Usually not a super popular goddess, but one whose domain touches everyone eventually.
"Oh I've got all sorts of liquids here, some might even be considered medicinal. But if you're looking for a real healer with herbs and tonics and such, you'll want to be hitting up Jarb Brogan, the good halfling runs his own Apothecary." He looks you all up and down. "Also the town barber, in case you're looking to tidy up your already good looks." He winks at Sarius, not the ladies.

"If you're looking instead to rest your feet, we're already heading the right way. Bordering the Circle Market we're hosting today is the Creekside, not the finest establishment you can stay at but the most convenient and a quality place. Garleena and her brother Thevin run it. Hardly any rats at all, although I hope you like cats instead. I don't know all of what brought you to town, as it isn't my business. But if you need anything official, the Port-Governor's office is right across the way from the Creekside, so very convenient."

Restaurant...
"Ah, my apologies Myri. At the northern edge of town is Peacock Manor, where the Order is building up their ... headquarters, I suppose? A rather new, eccentric group of scholars of history, at least from what I can tell. I can see them coming and going from my view in the cemetery, although not as much lately as the streets have gotten rougher." She nods at the dragon. "My gratitude for your efforts, by the way."
Roderic's Cove Map thread: viewtopic.php?f=1036&t=9522&p=372534#p372534
It has a numbered Legend, which will include Descriptions as you learn about / encounter these places.

Also, don't feel you have to RP all your purchases. Your general interest in stopping by Apothecaries and the such can be sufficient, you don't need to write out every interaction if that bogs things down.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:33 am

"Perhaps I should introduce myself then, if they know anything of Old Thassilon," Myri responds. "That is my area of greatest interest."