Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

The all-powerful Runelords, near-immortal wizards who ruled Varisia in ancient days, stir to terrible life once more, surging across the frontier with plans to reignite their time-lost empire!
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Secrets of Roderic's Cove: Act I - Bubbling Tensions

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:43 am

"Hmm?"

Rusilka climbs the seat and and settles in. She watches the innkeeper go, looking forward to the promised hooch. "Ach. Terrible news. We can offer ye help. We know 'ow tae respond t' violence, an' we may hap'n upon these rough types. If yer lookin' t' point us in their direction, it'll cost. But let's be acquainted, first. Name's Rusilka. Rusilka Stoutbreath."

She burps and offers a hand, while glancing at the half-elf's companions - and dragon, of course. Do they keep dragon pets on the surface? Is it tame??

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:43 am

"Scholars are typically not predisposed toward violence," Myri offers. "I would certainly look into it."

Gonna be a while before I get access to Regeneration. Try not to lose any limbs for a while. :P

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:55 am

Amelak listens to the grave-keepers request. Local tough committing even more thuggery? Of course she'll help! "I can look into these recent..."

At that moment, she is interrupted and accosted by a petit half-elf! Well, petit for a half-elf anyways. Still bigger than the silver dragon (something that still rankles her as she loves towering over others). What's this, was she called a PUPPY? Perceptive individuals might see Amelak visibly shaking as she speaks carefully, in barely-restrained rage. "Lass, you will release me, and address me with the respect I deserve. I am Amelak the Digniified Protector, and I...AM...DRAGON!"

She bares her sharp teeth to back up her point.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:52 am

Startled, Rusilka hops off of her stool and rushes around to where the dragon sits, "snared" in the embrace of the tipsy wilde-woman. She grabs Cintria by the shoulder and yanks her back, resting her other hand on the haft of her axe. She grunts something discourteous in Dwarvish at Amelak.

In Dwarvish
"Færn fly, Skalaene. Vi vil ikke ha noen xunder med durgarn."
Fly home, Scales. We'll have no treasure-talk with dragons.

_
I used Google Translate for Norwegian, the WIkipedia page for Dethek, and the Forgotten Realms page for Dwarvish to mix that up. So in advance, yes, I probably butchered Norwegian. :lol: It's just for the one time, though.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:48 am

The dragon can sense when someone's tone is being disrespectful. "Pitiful lesser races do not know their manners...but I shall lead by example and be the bigger dragon-person here...so to speak." she thinks to herself.

"I shall let that slide...this time." she says to both the dwarf and the half-elf. "If you wish to aid in this noble endeavor of ridding the streets of evildoers, I will allow you to join us."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:56 pm

Sarius nods, "I'm not sure that all scholars are adverse to violence", the well dressed human glances across the group. Spying the wild woman's actions, he attempts to help, "Rusilka, please let the good dragon go, for your own sake."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:48 am

While shenanigans are afoot at the meeting, nobody seems to have lost a limb, yet. Some gnashing of teeth, sure, but no bite marks so far.

Cintria, who was woman-handled away from the dragonling, gets turned around and plopped a few feet back. Her viewpoint looks back at the Circle Market, and her new buddy Possum. At his cart are a group of five men and women, who seem to be chatting about commiserating over lost friends, ordering pints to toast with. She notices that one of the women has a patch on her clothing with what look like jagged fangs painted on, but she doesn't know what that indicates.

But more of note is another group converging on the cart, and they don't look friendly. You don't see any obvious weaponry, but they look ready for a fight as they bear down on the other group. They're dressed in rougher clothing than their target, with a lot more dirt and mud stains on them.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:09 pm

"'Allow'?" Rusilka, who hasn't noticed anything yet, turns to the pretty human and the elven magician. "Methought, 'this juvenile must be somebody's drake on a leash, a pet.' Until it spoke, jus' now. Do surface-folk treat with dragon-kind common-like?"

The idea of associating with dragons seems new and astonishing to the dwarf.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 pm

"No, most encounters with dragons from what I've read end in violence," explains the human woman. "My name is Myri, by the way. And don't look now, but I do believe there may be some trouble over there," she adds, pointing.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:22 am

"Wazzat?" Rusilka turns and squints at the rough looking folks surrounding the brewmaster. Then, she turns to Sarius. "Ay, looks like trouble. Hey wizard, come back me up while Ah deal with them. Ye ladies may join in, we wouldnae refuse th' help."
_
I thought only Cintria saw what's happening. Do we want to speed this along?